Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default we got the 5th pick now

and we didnt have to give up Love!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4282279

Washington Receives
Foye
Miller

Minnesota Receives

5th overall pick
Oleksiy Pecherov
Etan Thomas
Darius Songaila

so glad we didnt have to give up love, our team might be able to re build extremely fast if this draft goes down well. i just hope we can move up to #2 now while keeping either one of our 5th or 6th picks
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: we got the 5th pick now

You would think that we could get a star out of 2 top 6 picks. I'm not saying the chances are great, but it's about time we get a break in the draft. Also, the chances are even better with our other 2 picks. Please say the curse of McHale was true and we get back on track.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Its funny that I mentioned this trade rumor on monday. AND no one thought it was true.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I HOPE you guys are able to trade up to the 2 spot, and keep the 5. If you are able to keep the 5, you have about a 95% chance of landing both Evans and Rubio. But one thing I'm not sure of is how Minny views Evans. Do they view him as a PG or a SG?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

get a 2 guard or sf.yall have a good pg in Sebastian.yall just need to stop being stupid and play him.Whenever he starts he plays well.Unfortunately, there arent many guys at those positions.Terrence Williams would be a good fit for yall if you wanna trade down or James Harden @ 5 if he's still there.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I HOPE you guys are able to trade up to the 2 spot, and keep the 5. If you are able to keep the 5, you have about a 95% chance of landing both Evans and Rubio. But one thing I'm not sure of is how Minny views Evans. Do they view him as a PG or a SG?
im guessing Rubio would be the PG and Evans the SG when there both on the court. when rubio is out and evans is in i could see Evans playing the 1. this is assuming we get both of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
get a 2 guard or sf.yall have a good pg in Sebastian.yall just need to stop being stupid and play him.Whenever he starts he plays well.Unfortunately, there arent many guys at those positions.Terrence Williams would be a good fit for yall if you wanna trade down or James Harden @ 5 if he's still there.
wtf telfair is just trash, he is so bad he shouldnt even be a back up on this team. telfair has had his chance and failed miserably. trading up and drafting Rubio + Evans (although i want derozan...) would be the best thing possible for this team.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
No its pretty clera that if the t'wolves trade up and keep one of the picks. They will keep the sixth pick and not the fifth.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Quote:

I first viewed him as a pg, but I'm starting to lean towards sg. I guess I didn't realize how big the guy was, he's pushing 6'6 in shoes, and he's gotta be around 220, to lazy to go look it up. But he did play great at the point in Memphis so its hard to say. I think he could play either position really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

Telfair really isn't that good trust me, he started at the point every game for McHale, he has 10 horrible games, then 1 good game. He's extremely inefficient and doesn't run the team all that well. And we don't need a sf, we have Gomes, who had a great year last year, and Brewer is coming back next year. He's added about 20 pounds which is going to be great. The guy was 6'9 190, and he looked SOMEWHAT promising last year. His shooting looked like it improved. But we don't really need a sf, not to mention we could resign Carney, who was great last year.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Carney makes Wolves Basketball way more exciting and his fast break points can be game changers. Good shooter too; I wish he could dribble the ball when he isn't already catching it while running though. Sign him now.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Carney makes Wolves Basketball way more exciting and his fast break points can be game changers. Good shooter too; I wish he could dribble the ball when he isn't already catching it while running though. Sign him now.
No doubt, he is one of the fastest players in the nba. I think he will be resigned, or at least I really hope he will.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: