Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Nets Still in Boozer Hunt?

Quote:
July 3, 2009, 10:56 pm
Carlos Boozer surprised the Jazz by not opting out of his contract…as did Mehmet Okur. Kyle Korver, too. Now Utah has a tough choice: who to dump so they can bid for Paul Millsap. It’s not as much a problem next year as it is beyond that. So the Jazz might accept an expiring contract plus other enducements for Boozer. Jazz beat writer Ross Siler surveys the possibilities and thinks the Nets could be in the mix.

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8301

Does anyone think we should sil go after him? Even after the VC trade?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nets Still in Boozer Hunt?

- he's injury-prone
- expensive
- his game has peaked
- he's out of the age range of the core group
- he puts a big hit on the cap room for 2010 that the RJ and carter trades provided.

not that he's a not a good player, but i don't see the point in acquiring him.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

He only has 1 year left on his deal correct?
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
- he's injury-prone
- expensive
- his game has peaked
- he's out of the age range of the core group
- he puts a big hit on the cap room for 2010 that the RJ and carter trades provided.

not that he's a not a good player, but i don't see the point in acquiring him.
he expires in 2010...

Anyways as you said... He doesnt really fit in...
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was assuming they would extend his contract if they traded for him. otherwise what would be the point of giving up anything for him?

yea, i know... probably a bad assumption. :S

Last edited by gigantes : 07-05-2009 at 03:43 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its pretty pointless now that VC is gone.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Nah, lets just tank next year I say.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

I say its worth considering. Boozer is not old. He is 27 (he looks 37) but he is in his prime just like DWade who will turn 27 this year. Boozer turns 28 in november. True he is injury prone, that might me one negative as well as his salary...but if you think about it really, Simmons makes 14 mill a year and hasn't produced. I'll take a swap out - Boozer for Simmons and Boone, and whatever else needs to be added. It's cheaper than keeping Simmons on the squad and you get more bang for the buck even if he stays for only a year. Like i said it's worth considering...either that or try and make a push for Milsap...

Bottom line is we need a good PF. Thorn believes that YI is the answer at the 4. If he can improve over the summer than this may be true, but right now we need a strong banger down there. Williams, Boone, and YI have proven that they are not the answer at the 4. (so far).. Anderson was traded. I say make a push for Boozer,Milsap, or Channing Frye...if not then just wait till 2010.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

If we don't have to give an arm and a leg to get him, I say we try for Boozer. I don't think he can hurt us. He can teach Brook a thing or two.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
sublicon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sublicon has an OK reputation so far

Devin thinks he'd be a good addition . . http://bit.ly/11hzzH

Agreed, if we don't have to give up and arm and a leg, but it looks like we might not even be in the conversation at this point with this potential Bulls deal pending.
sublicon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: