Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default What are your expectations?

ok ill just start off by saying that i am very optimistic but i also want to be as realistic as possible. IMO i think a good and attainable goal we should work towards (rubio or no rubio) is at least 30 wins. i cant see us becoming anywhere near a .500 team yet. This is assuming Big Al is healthy all year and comes back as strong as he was last year.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What are your expectations?

I am very optimistic. But with this bunch and no idea who our coach will be, I am going with another 20 win season....23 to be correct. A lot really depends on who our coach is. On second thought, it really doesn't matter who our coach is, we are still getting 23 wins next season.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
Baller_Ctrain
I airball my layups

Baller_Ctrain has an OK reputation so far

I'm pretty optomistic... With a healthy Al, More minutes for K Love and a solid 1st year from Jonny n' Wayne I think we could get near the 50%
Baller_Ctrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller_Ctrain
I'm pretty optomistic... With a healthy Al, More minutes for K Love and a solid 1st year from Jonny n' Wayne I think we could get near the 50%
i could see that, however, getting to .500 solely depends on how good jonny and wayne are. no matter how good big al plays our team wont be a .500 team if both jonny and wayne end up terrible .i dont see both of them being bad
Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

I stare at the roster and say to myself, "Hey, this is definetely a better defensive team." Especially if Brewer is back and healthy. Then I look at what our offense is going to do and I shake my head. I have no idea who will be hitting jump shots on this team. Just take a look yourself. Gomes is a pretty good shooter I guess. Brewer was showing a little promise before his injury. Telfair has been inconsistent, but better when he had gotten more minutes. Carney is off again, on again. Kevin Ollie can knock it down sometimes.

This team needs a group of skilled passers to be a good team. I don't know if they plan on playing 2 point gaurds still, but it was a good idea with the roster we had. Rubio was our chance at .500. I'm not going to give up though, because Miller wasn't hitting shots last year and we have a better front court.

Telfair is going to be key. If he could actually start finishing at the rim; he could get us on a roll. Otherwise, step up rookies. I have to see some games before I say what will happen. Too many injuries and trades to just throw a number out there for me just yet.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
I stare at the roster and say to myself, "Hey, this is definetely a better defensive team." Especially if Brewer is back and healthy. Then I look at what our offense is going to do and I shake my head. I have no idea who will be hitting jump shots on this team. Just take a look yourself. Gomes is a pretty good shooter I guess. Brewer was showing a little promise before his injury. Telfair has been inconsistent, but better when he had gotten more minutes. Carney is off again, on again. Kevin Ollie can knock it down sometimes.

This team needs a group of skilled passers to be a good team. I don't know if they plan on playing 2 point gaurds still, but it was a good idea with the roster we had. Rubio was our chance at .500. I'm not going to give up though, because Miller wasn't hitting shots last year and we have a better front court.

Telfair is going to be key. If he could actually start finishing at the rim; he could get us on a roll. Otherwise, step up rookies. I have to see some games before I say what will happen. Too many injuries and trades to just throw a number out there for me just yet.
Wayne ellington will be our shooter. he was a very good one in college, hopefully it will translate well. i also want no part in telfair. We know whatwe have in him and it sucks. i would rather play Jonny 48 minutes a game even if he ends up terrible, i dont want telfair
Old 07-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
Wayne ellington will be our shooter. he was a very good one in college, hopefully it will translate well. i also want no part in telfair. We know whatwe have in him and it sucks. i would rather play Jonny 48 minutes a game even if he ends up terrible, i dont want telfair
Well, if Jonny can make the transition quickly then that's great. But if Telfair doesn't at least start the first 10 games of the season then it would be a surprise.
Telfair was very turnover prone at points last year. I know that. He is a weird player. You could look at one game and say, "Wow, that player really is something." and look at another game and say, "What the hell is that guy doing?" This also changes from quarter to quarter. It's hard to miss.
I'm not going to deny the progress that he made last year though. He deserves to play starting minutes. He will be apart of the rotation all year long. I don't know what he is doing this summer, but I hope he is working on his jump shot and passing. Not his crossover, but his crossover and pass/finish.
He is still young enough to improve, but sometimes I wish he showed maturity and not potential. The guy can make a great play, then steal the ball and chuck it out of bounds on the next play or give up a lay up on a turnover. He is better when he just brings the ball up and I would hope we are playing more uptempo like last year(I think we could be pretty good in halfcourt too with Al and company). This team is going to have to play team ball like the Lynx are doing. I wish Jim Peterson would of signed onto the Timberwolves coaching staff and not the Lynx. F***.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
04mzwach

I might get bashed for this, but Kwame Brown is an unrestricted free agent right now and we should try to pick him up. He would be a good addition and Trenton Hassell could reunite with us for cheap too. He would be a great backup at the 2 or 3. Two guy that we could sign for pretty cheap and Kwame would fit great next to Al Jefferson. Then Al could switch to PF like we want him to and play some C when we need him to. I like Kwame because he is a legit 7'0 with shoes and great size. He can rebound and block shots like we need. He fouls a lot, but I think we have enough front court help to make up for that. We should give his ass a call and sign him for 3yr/15 mill. Basically, I wish we would sign some free agent. Kwame is just one I like. We should send some of the scrubs in the front court we have packing. I wouldn't mind signing another gaurd either.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 07-10-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
I might get bashed for this, but Kwame Brown is an unrestricted free agent right now and we should try to pick him up. He would be a good addition and Trenton Hassell could reunite with us for cheap too. He would be a great backup at the 2 or 3. Two guy that we could sign for pretty cheap and Kwame would fit great next to Al Jefferson. Then Al could switch to PF like we want him to and play some C when we need him to. I like Kwame because he is a legit 7'0 with shoes and great size. He can rebound and block shots like we need. He fouls a lot, but I think we have enough front court help to make up for that. We should give his ass a call and sign him for 3yr/15 mill. Basically, I wish we would sign some free agent. Kwame is just one I like. We should send some of the scrubs in the front court we have packing. I wouldn't mind signing another gaurd either.
i would be for bringing brown in only if he was coming off the bench. do you really think Big Al/Brown would be better then Big Al/Love? i sure dont especially considering when love starts to get 30+ minutes a game he will get double doubles everygame. Love can also somewhat stretch the floor since he has a respectable jumpshop for as big as he is.

To get back at telfair yes he is inconsistent. he will have one game where he will look like the best in the game and then he will have 15 terrible games before the next good one.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
04mzwach

I think Al/Brown would be a better defensive duo than Love/Jefferson. Kwame and Al would swat shots all around the court. As long as we have Love or Jefferson in the game for scoring inside at all times. I don't see a problem with any starting front court as long as we have Al in when Love is there and when Kwame steps in, then any of our players can get in there. Smith, Al, Love would be my faves next to Kwame though. They all can score well. VOTE KWAME FOR THE TIMBERWOLVES!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
I think Al/Brown would be a better defensive duo than Love/Jefferson. Kwame and Al would swat shots all around the court. As long as we have Love or Jefferson in the game for scoring inside at all times. I don't see a problem with any starting front court as long as we have Al in when Love is there and when Kwame steps in, then any of our players can get in there. Smith, Al, Love would be my faves next to Kwame though. They all can score well. VOTE KWAME FOR THE TIMBERWOLVES!
kwame sucks at blocking shots
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
kwame sucks at blocking shots
He is actually pretty good at it. I'm not saying he is top 10, but pretty good for a guy who doesn't start. I think a mellow place like Minnesota would be perfect for Kwame. The guy just isn't any good at taking grief. MJ, then he went to the Lakers, then DETROIT! It just hasn't been that great of a road for Kwame. There is zero pressure in Minnesota, compared to places like that. If he can play, then Minnesota is the place.

Hmm, It seems kind of crappy I'm hoping to get Kwame Brown. I wish players liked the cold weather. I'm sure we would sign Shaq in a second if he wanted to play in Minnesota.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 07-13-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

Yeah I would be down to sign Kwame. We could probably get him pretty cheap and he could be a starter for us, then Al could move back to forward. Sure Kwame is a huge bust, but its not like he's the worst player in the league by any stretch. He COULD be decent on D. At least he would be a big body in the middle. I mean we did start Collins a few times last year, Brown has to be better than him.....
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
LateNightNBA
Nuggets in '10

LateNightNBA has decent reputation

I think 30 wins is a realistic goal for this T'Wolves squad.

As for the Kwame Brown suggestion... as much as I hate him, he looked like a solid player for the Pistons this past season, I actually thought he should have got more burn. There's probably no market for him, so it may not be a bad idea in the cost/production category. If no other affordable upgrade is available, I don't think it would be fair to oppose the signing.

An upgrade in the big man department is obviously needed, though. Obviously, there's the all-star caliber Al Jefferson, and a good move was made to get Etan Thomas, who, if stays healthy, can be a solid back-up or possibly playing beside Big Al. Collins & Williams, who played the bulk of the minutes when I watched a fair amount of games at the end of the season, looked brutal.
LateNightNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: