Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Goodbye Sheed

In a way I think it's a bit of a mistake on Detroit's part. Right now we really don't have a solid starter that can gaurd a C and for just the MLE we just let Boston become the best team in the East clearly. I know he wore out his welcome with some but the man can ball and really creates match up problems for teams, especially with his versatility on D.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Goodbye Sheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
In a way I think it's a bit of a mistake on Detroit's part. Right now we really don't have a solid starter that can gaurd a C and for just the MLE we just let Boston become the best team in the East clearly. I know he wore out his welcome with some but the man can ball and really creates match up problems for teams, especially with his versatility on D.

Loved him in '04.... and that is about it. Still pissed at him for not guarding Horry and for whatever the ****ing reason getting on Tay's man and double teaming him. Kind of got tired of his attitude after awhile. You could see was getting old and playing worse and worse every year. Really got the crowd into it some games with his 3's, but never really listened to the coaches and didn't take everything seriously enough. Probably the most overrated player in he league defensively recently. Loved the guy in his prime, but I just feel he has lost motivation and skill. Also kind of upset that we paid him $8 mil more last year than he would make this year. I've had enough of sheed and am ready for a change. But best of luck to him, I always thought he was treated unfairly because he was sheed. The guy freaking smiles and the refs give him a tech, he had so many techs reviewed and taken away this year. Don't wish you the best of luck because I want the Pistons and cavs to meet in the playoffs.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he helped win us a championship and helped lose us a championship. He's definitely not the same player he was on 04. Also he is probably one of the most likeable guys in the locker room even though most people wouldn't think that. Next to a guy like KG it should take a lot of pressure off of him though. You gotta admit, Boston looks really tough right now.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

No other Big Man compliments an inside scorer better than Sheed.
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
NeeJ49er
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NeeJ49er has an OK reputation so far

I'm bummed Sheed bolted for the Celtics, Sheed is probably one of my favorite players ...But I'm still rolling with Detroit when they play Boston !!!
NeeJ49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
Loved him in '04.... and that is about it. Still pissed at him for not guarding Horry and for whatever the ****ing reason getting on Tay's man and double teaming him. Kind of got tired of his attitude after awhile. You could see was getting old and playing worse and worse every year. Really got the crowd into it some games with his 3's, but never really listened to the coaches and didn't take everything seriously enough. Probably the most overrated player in he league defensively recently. Loved the guy in his prime, but I just feel he has lost motivation and skill. Also kind of upset that we paid him $8 mil more last year than he would make this year. I've had enough of sheed and am ready for a change. But best of luck to him, I always thought he was treated unfairly because he was sheed. The guy freaking smiles and the refs give him a tech, he had so many techs reviewed and taken away this year. Don't wish you the best of luck because I want the Pistons and cavs to meet in the playoffs.

agreed with EVERYTHING you just said.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
agreed with EVERYTHING you just said.

That's a first!
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
NeeJ49er
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NeeJ49er has an OK reputation so far

Well now that he's gone it's possible our younger players will develop faster and see some playing time early...Maxiel will play a bigger role this year too
NeeJ49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
dd24
College superstar

If we have Daye, Villaneuava, Kwame, potentially resign McDyess, and trade Rip for another PF like is rumored, I don't see Maxiell getting more PT. If we don't trade Rip or don't resign McDyess then he'll probably see more. After seeing him last year though, I don't care if he is the one that sits the bench the most.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeJ49er
Well now that he's gone it's possible our younger players will develop faster and see some playing time early...Maxiel will play a bigger role this year too
they said that the last 2 years as well. the only way he gets lots of mins is if we bring in another pf (not C) and role with him at the 5 (like hayes for houston). He can do it in a run n gun since hes an excellent athlete and very thick, but its not the best idea.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: