Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Michael Gilchrist will most likely go to Kentucky via Worldwide Wes

...unless he chooses Villanova

Quote:
Going into his junior season of high school, Michael Gilchrist is regarded as the nation's top college basketball prospect.

Many believe the Somerdale resident's college of choice is Kentucky. After all, Gilchrist, who commutes almost every day from Somerdale in Camden County to St. Patrick's High School in Elizabeth, N.J., revealed he wanted to play for John Calipari at Memphis two years ago.

In April, Calipari became the head coach at Kentucky. And since Gilchrist's uncle, William Wesley, and Calipari are close friends, he's a lock to sign with Kentucky, right?

"It's wide open," the 6-foot-7 swingman said. "I want to be recruited heavily."

The 15-year-old even elevated his arms, motioning that Kentucky and Villanova are neck and neck.

"Michael loves Villanova," said Cindy Richardson, Gilchrist's mother. "It's Kentucky, Villanova. Villanova, Kentucky."

Seriously?

"Yes," she said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ivating .html

I talked with Interminator before about Gilchrist. Got to see him live back in February (I went to see Dexter Strickland, who was out with a knee injury, and instead got a show from his teammate Gilchrist). Good player and a good kid. Hope he doesn't go to Kentucky and play for that scum.

Gilchrist is #1 overall by rivals.com and scout.com.

The article pretty much tries to go against my thread title, but with Wes being his uncle does anyone expect any different?

Last edited by Posterize246 : 07-07-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Michael Gilchrist will most likely go to Kentucky via Worldwide Wes

Gilchrist and Irving might want to play together, which is the main reason Kentucky is looking at Irving. I hate Calipari. He throws the kids who worked hard and are real student athletes off the team for his one and done players. He is a sucky coach, just pays his players and lets them do whatever they want. If he doesn't get his 5 top 25 guys a year his teams are horrible.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nothing like UCONN fans calling out other programs for being shady.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

so can we expect Kentucky to pretty much have a new starting 5 every year?
they're never going to win the national 'ship, just come close and have a great record every year
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A new starting five? Bledsoe, Hood, and Orton most likely won't be going anywhere after one year.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
A new starting five? Bledsoe, Hood, and Orton most likely won't be going anywhere after one year.

I meant having a very different starting line-up as in 2-3 starters are changed outside of demotion. i realize the wording was off.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Wes has played a real mentor like role to Mike his entire life, not sure about him being his blood uncle unless its on his mothers side.

Mike was coming to Memphis until KFC left for Kensucky, and hes 100% going to Kensucky.

Very good kid, people look at top 1 & Done guys and think they arent smart or have no intention to have any effort in the classroom, but this kid lives a Hour & 1/2 away from school and he makes the trip to & back everyday. His favorite player also is Dajuan Wagner, but Wagner views Wes like an uncle also.

Irving's godfather is Rod Strickland, so I wouldnt be shocked to see that relationship win out. But Irving does have high interest in Indiana & UConn, so I wouldnt concede him to Kentucky just yet.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I meant having a very different starting line-up as in 2-3 starters are changed outside of demotion. i realize the wording was off.
Bledsoe's going to transfer, Kentucky has a good chance at both Irving & Knight. While targeting others at PG also.

Bledsoe got duped, and from what I've heard he got a car out of going to Kentucky and his HS Coach who attempted to sway him elsewhere was fired.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Bledsoe's going to transfer, Kentucky has a good chance at both Irving & Knight. While targeting others at PG also.

Bledsoe got duped, and from what I've heard he got a car out of going to Kentucky and his HS Coach who attempted to sway him elsewhere was fired.
He got a car. And everybody's... OK with this???

I never understood why Bledsoe didn't go to Duke. I guess now I know. Crooked Calipari doesn't recruit players, he buys them.

Anyways, if Orton, Bledsoe, and Hood are still around when Gilchrist arrives, that's when Kentucky will win a national championship under Calipari. That is if they don't get busted for recruiting violations before then.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
He got a car. And everybody's... OK with this???

I never understood why Bledsoe didn't go to Duke. I guess now I know. Crooked Calipari doesn't recruit players, he buys them.

Anyways, if Orton, Bledsoe, and Hood are still around when Gilchrist arrives, that's when Kentucky will win a national championship under Calipari. That is if they don't get busted for recruiting violations before then.
Bledsoe didnt go to Duke, because like with Kentucky he was their 2nd option behind John Wall.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #11
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Nothing like UCONN fans calling out other programs for being shady.
So a former team manager takes care of of a recruit is anywhere similar to Calipari over recruiting the top players (likely cash exchanges) then kicking off the hard working players who earned their spot? Really?

You are just a dumbass if you are trying to defend Calipari. By the way, its a shot at Calipari so you don't have to worry about your darling Kentucky program.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I'm not really a big Wildcat fan, but watching a UCON fan rag on another program for being shady is hilarious. Additionally, your accusations are all hyperbole and no proof.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
timlush
I brick open layups

timlush has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Bledsoe's going to transfer

Source?
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlush
Source?
Eventually.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #15
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

come to Nova baby, keep the final fours a comin! Saw him play at the city of Palms classic in Florida. He's the real deal.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: