Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

Quote:
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers are on the verge of making their first free agent signing of the summer.
According to a league source, the team has agreed to the structure of a contract with veteran guard Anthony Parker. The deal is not finalized, but is expected to be completed in the next several days.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....lose_to_c.html

OK, I thought he would be going to Europe but maybe he wants a NBA Championship.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....lose_to_c.html

OK, I thought he would be going to Europe but maybe he wants a NBA Championship.

The haters are going to laugh at this statement and try to hurt my feelings.

I guess if we can only sign him I guess get him. I'd personally rather have Matt Barnes or Josh Childress, but seeing as we just overpaid for Varejao I guess this is going to have to do.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
The haters are going to laugh at this statement and try to hurt my feelings.

I guess if we can only sign him I guess get him. I'd personally rather have Matt Barnes or Josh Childress, but seeing as we just overpaid for Varejao I guess this is going to have to do.

Anyone who discounts the possibility of the Cavs winning a title are ridiculous. I don't think they are favorites, but they are certainly in the top 5 at worst.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have lower expectation for Anthony Parker.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Anyone who discounts the possibility of the Cavs winning a title are ridiculous. I don't think they are favorites, but they are certainly in the top 5 at worst.

I'm sure some people will pick the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic and Denver ahead of them.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I'm sure some people will pick the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic and Denver ahead of them.

And there will be people to pick the Cavs to win it all as well. What is your point?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
And there will be people to pick the Cavs to win it all as well. What is your point?

Like I said, the haters will laugh at that statement and try to make me sad.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Trying to figure out what problems Anthony Parker solves for us. I guess he helps with our issue of having a small back court. I wouldn't say he's a great scorer or distributor though. Will he be able to increase the Cavs offensive production and our backcourt defense? shrug.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I have lower expectation for Anthony Parker.

He's the perfect role player and glue guy. Always knows what to say good veteran presence, plays decent defence and can handle both the PG and SG he will suprise you guys. He was the one player could count on when he was with the Raps. Good luck Parker!
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
visirale
Local High School Star

visirale has decent reputation

Haha Cavs fans must be PISSED.

They wanted Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, McDyess, Rasheed... they get a resigned Varejao and Anthony Parker. What a letdown.
visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #11
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I think Anthony Parker is a nice consolation prize. He wouldn't come as expensive as a few big names but he would still fill the Cavaliers' need as a defensive stopper and an occasional scorer from the perimeter. The East is going to be really interesting.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by visirale

They wanted Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, McDyess, Rasheed... they get a resigned Varejao and Anthony Parker. What a letdown.
not really. Parker is just underrated. We really did want Artest, Ariza, or Dice though. Ferry didnt even go after Sheed though. i guess he has other plans. Channing Frye maybe???
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #13
sergiorodriguez

hes pretty good but also 35 years old. He'd be an excellent backup-but they need a Ronnie Brewer type SG to start-young long and athletic and willing to work on D.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by visirale

Bandwagon fans? Sure they're pissed. True Cleveland fans who have had letdown after letdown? It's nothing new to them.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
Like I said, the haters will laugh at that statement and try to make me sad.
i dont think they will
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: