Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Aaron Affalo a Nugget

Aaron Afflalo could be a Nugget.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...lalo-a-nugget/
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Aaron Affalo a Nugget

That's just dumb, Aaron is making only 1mil next season.
It's like cutting your toenails to lose weight.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
That's just dumb, Aaron is making only 1mil next season.
yeah, I agree. I think hed be a great pickup for you guys, but it seems silly to me (as a pistons fan) to get rid of him so we'll have 3.5 mil to spend on a big, when we just traded amir johnson (who is about as good a big you are going to get for 3 mil). ohwell
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
dealer77
I open layup bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

lol.

I see no reason why the pistons would just dump his salary. We do have too many SGs right now, but it seems most likely that rip would be dumped, not afflalo. The main reasons would be the youth movement, the salary exchange, and the potential big man we could get in a trade.
dealer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
dealer77
I open layup bricks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

and there you have it. hopefully this means one more big move to improve the pistons roster.

didn't want to see afflalo go, you guys are getting a solid player. glad to see sharpe go, i never got over his narcolepsy and general ineptitude as a player.
dealer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle

Well does this spell the end of a Nuggets career for AC AND Jason Hart. I do believe that this is giving us a younger backcourt. Fresh legs
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

nice...dont know much about Sharpe's game, hopefully he can contribute
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

So far all the Detroit fans hate it so the kid must be special. His role will be small but it will be critical for the Nuggets success. Can't wait.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
So far all the Detroit fans hate it so the kid must be special. His role will be small but it will be critical for the Nuggets success. Can't wait.
afflalo is a very solid defender and has a decent 3pt shot. Sharpe is all potential at this point, 6'9" tweener type who can put it on the floor and finish. Afflalo is a decent finisher as well, but we didnt see much of him doing that.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Nice job Denver, you just stole another one from us. The kid was good when he had the PT. With the salary he was making I wish we could have kept him. Especially since we apparently gave Deron Washington (a guy from the summer league roster....) a guaranteed contract apparently.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Good move by the Nuggets. I like the youth direction with our backcourt(Lawson\Affalo\J.R).

Never seen much of him last year but when we played Detroit did he not have a solid game? Seem to remember him making all the free throws down the stretch or something like that? Could be way off here tho
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #12
Geandily
Local High School Star

Great pickup and an excellent improvement over Dahntay "Blocking Foul" Jones! He can play some SF too if we need him to.

Dunno abut Sharpe, if we keep Kleiza I'm hoping that Sharpe doesn't take any of Balkman's minutes..
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
Well does this spell the end of a Nuggets career for AC AND Jason Hart. I do believe that this is giving us a younger backcourt. Fresh legs

Thank god.
Mr Clutch Melo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

Good player,but I had some hang ups with afflalo when he was in detroit.

1) that three has to get more consistent. He's comfortable popping three's from the corners, but the games i watched, he was very streaky.

2) he is sometimes a ball stopper. from what i saw, he doesn't want to be a role player. i don't know how that is going to work out with JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony wanting to dominate the ball. it will get even worse if kleiza gets more PT.

3) he doesn't like to listen to people. you can see when other teammates walked up to him to say something, he would not look at them. he would kind of shrug them off and walk away.

The funny thing is when afflalo and stuckey got drafted, i thought all of the above is how rodney stuckey was going to be.

But hopefully with a bonafide star in carmelo there, afflalo will fall more into place in denver. i do like him, he just has some maturing to do.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #15
Triplelefthook
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
Good player,but I had some hang ups with afflalo when he was in detroit.

1) that three has to get more consistent. He's comfortable popping three's from the corners, but the games i watched, he was very streaky.

2) he is sometimes a ball stopper. from what i saw, he doesn't want to be a role player. i don't know how that is going to work out with JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony wanting to dominate the ball. it will get even worse if kleiza gets more PT.

3) he doesn't like to listen to people. you can see when other teammates walked up to him to say something, he would not look at them. he would kind of shrug them off and walk away.

The funny thing is when afflalo and stuckey got drafted, i thought all of the above is how rodney stuckey was going to be.

But hopefully with a bonafide star in carmelo there, afflalo will fall more into place in denver. i do like him, he just has some maturing to do.

Did Afflalo listen to Chauncey the year before in Detroit? If Chauncey can get JR Smith to listen and fall in line, i don't know if there is anyone he can't reach. Plus Afflalo is going to be coming to this team and it is clearly Chauncey's team 100% from a leadership standpoint.

Everyone on this team is listening to Chauncey, so i don't think Afflalo will last if he is the lone dissenter. With that issue by the wayside, i think he is a very good replacement for Dahntay Jones - especially considering JR was going to be the starter this year and Jones' role reduced a tad.
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: