Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
cityleaguehoops
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cityleaguehoops has an OK reputation so far
Default Jared Sullinger 2010 Top Prospect

Highlights of Jared Sullinger, Class of 2010's top recruit. Jared is an Ohio State recruit, who plays for Columbus (OH) Northland. He was Ohio's Mr. Basketball in 2009 and his team won the state championship.

Highlights from his junior season are below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLduYsEyEhk
cityleaguehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jared Sullinger 2010 Top Prospect

Good player but his game won't translate to the NBA right away. He'll probably stay in college for 2-3 years. Reminds me a bit of Kevin Love without as much bball IQ.

Harrison Barnes and Brandon Knight are the two most impressive 2010 prospects I've seen.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Good player but his game won't translate to the NBA right away. He'll probably stay in college for 2-3 years. Reminds me a bit of Kevin Love without as much bball IQ.

Harrison Barnes and Brandon Knight are the two most impressive 2010 prospects I've seen.
Sullinger is not a damn thing like Kevin Love, and his game translates immediately to the NBA. Love had great passing ability, court vision, and range in HS and college.

Sullinger physically is built like Sean May before bloating, but the way he controls the game around the basket is extraordinary for a player his age. He already has developed footwork, and he knows how to use his body to create space to the basket, as the old folks would say "He know how to put his booty on them". Sullinger is a walking 6'9 machine at PF, his game and not just size is identical to Elton Brand at this stage. Well advanced big men, who can score around the basket against anyone, and can only be taken advantage of if their man utilizes height and length like Jeremy Tyler did to him last year.

Sullinger is a 1 & Done unless he is just a role player his freshman season, but he wont be in college for 3 years. His game is too NBA Ready.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Also Harrison Barnes has had a big summer but most people hadn't really seen of him, hes looked impressive but once again he is not facing the Elite players at his position. Hes facing other eventual top players but not the Elite ones.

And his HS competition leaves a lot to be desired, he passed on an opportunity to go to Oak Hill with Roscoe Smith now going to Oak Hill.

Hes a talented college swingman, but his game translates as a 3-4 year college player. He reminds me a lot of Malik Hairston, Malik however is more vocal and played with a swagger. The only problem is at 6'5 or 6'6 and at SF there is nothing that stands out about him to the NBA, of course he does a lot of things well but hes not the type of player although hes #1 or #2 who you can point to as an eventual NBA star.

Hes the type of guy to go to a school like Duke, star for 4 years, break records, have his # retired, and get picked in the mid-late 1st Round.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Reminds me of a less athletic Elton Brand. But he could really do himself a favour by growing an inch or two more, if he wants to be a one'n'done and go lottery in the NBA Draft.

Then again, that high school class is looking kind of weak at this point in terms of NBA talent, so there could be room for him to immediately make the jump.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Ohio State Class of 2010..
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Reminds me of a less athletic Elton Brand. But he could really do himself a favour by growing an inch or two more, if he wants to be a one'n'done and go lottery in the NBA Draft.

Then again, that high school class is looking kind of weak at this point in terms of NBA talent, so there could be room for him to immediately make the jump.
Actually the 2010 class is extremely deep with potential NBA talent, the only problem is that nobody has seperated themselves from the rest to become the true "Face of the Class".

Brandon Knight is extremely talented, and hes probably the only guy you could suggest is on another level from everyone else but really the gap between him and the #2 or even #15 player isnt that wide.

Tristan Thompson has the most upside of any player coming out in this class and probably the last several classes as well since Greg Oden/Kevin Durant came out in 06', if his game takes the next step he becomes that "Face of the Class" type player I am referring to. Thompson's skill set is simply ridiculous for a 6'10 player, we've never seen anything like him yet at the PF position.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
FIXED
PleezeBelieve Disciple

FIXED is considered somewhat coolFIXED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

In the words of lilojmayo:

Every high school class will seem weak for maybe a few more years just because of how damn good the class of 2007 was maybe the greatest HS class of all time. O.J.Mayo, Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, Blake Griffin (yes he was part of this class, Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, Jared Bayless, Bill Walker, Donte Green, J.J Hickson, Anthony Randolph, Kosta Kufos, DeJuian Blair, Johnny Flynn,

All of them besides two were lottery players. Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, OJ Mayo, Blake Griffin were all top 3 picks.

Anyway i live in Ohio this dude is such a force nobody can check him in HS hoops. I don't think he is as good as Renardo Sidney though He is only like 6'8 and 270 undersized, but who knows maybe like Paul Milsap or something.
FIXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Sullinger is not a damn thing like Kevin Love, and his game translates immediately to the NBA. Love had great passing ability, court vision, and range in HS and college.

Sullinger physically is built like Sean May before bloating, but the way he controls the game around the basket is extraordinary for a player his age. He already has developed footwork, and he knows how to use his body to create space to the basket, as the old folks would say "He know how to put his booty on them". Sullinger is a walking 6'9 machine at PF, his game and not just size is identical to Elton Brand at this stage. Well advanced big men, who can score around the basket against anyone, and can only be taken advantage of if their man utilizes height and length like Jeremy Tyler did to him last year.

Sullinger is a 1 & Done unless he is just a role player his freshman season, but he wont be in college for 3 years. His game is too NBA Ready.

I meant Kevin Love with regards to body type although Sullinger is a bit bulkier and not as athletic, although they do share similarities in their playing style.

Like Love, Sullinger is also able to stretch the D with his perimeter J and he's not just some raw banger in the post. He's got a nice hook and I've seen him pull some sweet up and under moves. There's definitely some similarities there. I doubt Sullinger will be a one and done as you'll hardly ever see undersized big men go high after a solid freshman year.

Quote:
Also Harrison Barnes has had a big summer but most people hadn't really seen of him, hes looked impressive but once again he is not facing the Elite players at his position. Hes facing other eventual top players but not the Elite ones.

And his HS competition leaves a lot to be desired, he passed on an opportunity to go to Oak Hill with Roscoe Smith now going to Oak Hill.

Hes a talented college swingman, but his game translates as a 3-4 year college player. He reminds me a lot of Malik Hairston, Malik however is more vocal and played with a swagger. The only problem is at 6'5 or 6'6 and at SF there is nothing that stands out about him to the NBA, of course he does a lot of things well but hes not the type of player although hes #1 or #2 who you can point to as an eventual NBA star.

Hes the type of guy to go to a school like Duke, star for 4 years, break records, have his # retired, and get picked in the mid-late 1st Round.

Barnes measured 6'8" with a 7'0.5" wingspan. That's prototypical size and length for an NBA wing and he's not even a senior in HS. He's already got a ridiculously advanced skill set. I got to see him play for the first time this past year and came away more impressed with him than any prospect I've seen coming out of HS since Eric Gordon.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #10
Hoopladawg87
I brick open layups

Hoopladawg87 has an OK reputation so far

As a Buckeye fan who has seen him play a few times, I cannot say I expect him to be a dominant force in his freshman year at Ohio State. While he definitely has some ability inside the paint, he is 6'8" 270. I recently read to where he had slimmed down to a very practical playing weight, and if this is the case then he is really doing himself some good. A lot of the time he seemed uninterested, though with the team they had that is somewhat to be expected. It will be interesting to see how to develops in his senior year as well as how his game translates to the NCAA level. If he gets into real good physical condition and plays with the intensity and desired he displayed during the final few minutes of this year's State Championship game, then he will definitely be well prepared for the collegeiate game and with one, two, maybe three years under his belt, the NBA.
Hoopladawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I meant Kevin Love with regards to body type although Sullinger is a bit bulkier and not as athletic, although they do share similarities in their playing style.

Like Love, Sullinger is also able to stretch the D with his perimeter J and he's not just some raw banger in the post. He's got a nice hook and I've seen him pull some sweet up and under moves. There's definitely some similarities there. I doubt Sullinger will be a one and done as you'll hardly ever see undersized big men go high after a solid freshman year.
I saw him in AAU and I did not see this perimeter J you speak of, he played the post the entire game and just dominated.

Quote:
Barnes measured 6'8" with a 7'0.5" wingspan. That's prototypical size and length for an NBA wing and he's not even a senior in HS. He's already got a ridiculously advanced skill set. I got to see him play for the first time this past year and came away more impressed with him than any prospect I've seen coming out of HS since Eric Gordon.
Once again, hes already a very good player but the problem is there is nothing about his game that stands out. That is going to hurt him if he has his eye on the NBA after 1 or 2 years.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #12
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXED
In the words of lilojmayo:

Every high school class will seem weak for maybe a few more years just because of how damn good the class of 2007 was maybe the greatest HS class of all time. O.J.Mayo, Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, Blake Griffin (yes he was part of this class, Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, Jared Bayless, Bill Walker, Donte Green, J.J Hickson, Anthony Randolph, Kosta Kufos, DeJuian Blair, Johnny Flynn,

All of them besides two were lottery players. Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, OJ Mayo, Blake Griffin were all top 3 picks.

Anyway i live in Ohio this dude is such a force nobody can check him in HS hoops. I don't think he is as good as Renardo Sidney though He is only like 6'8 and 270 undersized, but who knows maybe like Paul Milsap or something.
There could be another top 3 pick from that class, Cole Aldrich is from 2007 and will probably be the best big man in college basketball next year (Greg Monroe also has a chance).

Not to mention Patrick Patterson, Evan Turner, JaJuan Johnson, Craig Brackins, James Anderson, Gani Lawal, Solomon Alabi, Kyle Singler, Kalin Lucas, and AJ Ogilvy, all of whom will be first rounders next year if they declare.

So yeah it was a ridiculously stacked class.

But I think irregardless of 2007's sickness, 2010 just doesn't look that good for real NBA star calibre players. Tristan Thompson and Brandon Knight maybe could be stars, Jeremy Tyler technically isn't part of that "HS class" anymore but he could be an NBA star too. Harrison Barnes, Fabricio de Melo, Adreian Payne, those are pretty much all the players other than Sullinger that right now look like they are serious NBA prospects.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
There could be another top 3 pick from that class, Cole Aldrich is from 2007 and will probably be the best big man in college basketball next year (Greg Monroe also has a chance).

Not to mention Patrick Patterson, Evan Turner, JaJuan Johnson, Craig Brackins, James Anderson, Gani Lawal, Solomon Alabi, Kyle Singler, Kalin Lucas, and AJ Ogilvy, all of whom will be first rounders next year if they declare.
Lucas isnt a 1st Rounder, he probably will end up as another one of those Great college PG's who just wasnt thought highly of by the NBA.

2007 Class was amazing, each 5* prospect may end up playing in the NBA at some point.

Quote:
But I think irregardless of 2007's sickness, 2010 just doesn't look that good for real NBA star calibre players. Tristan Thompson and Brandon Knight maybe could be stars, Jeremy Tyler technically isn't part of that "HS class" anymore but he could be an NBA star too. Harrison Barnes, Fabricio de Melo, Adreian Payne, those are pretty much all the players other than Sullinger that right now look like they are serious NBA prospects.
2010 is extremely deep, maybe me & Grinder who follow HS basketball are some of the few who realize who deep this class is.
There are a lot of very good players in this class, some may end up being 2-3 years players but they will be drafted high.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
2010 is extremely deep, maybe me & Grinder who follow HS basketball are some of the few who realize who deep this class is.
There are a lot of very good players in this class, some may end up being 2-3 years players but they will be drafted high.
Interminator you seen my Philly boy Dion Waiters yet? Headed to Syracuse. He's not as hyped because he plays on Team Finale with Gilchrist but he's good. He's got a good story behind him that was in the paper the other day if you want to read it.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport... rt_star.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wJAboFndbE
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Interminator you seen my Philly boy Dion Waiters yet? Headed to Syracuse. He's not as hyped because he plays on Team Finale with Gilchrist but he's good. He's got a good story behind him that was in the paper the other day if you want to read it.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport... rt_star.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wJAboFndbE
Yeah I saw him in the DMV vs Philly game last year.

Hes pretty good, looks like a good athlete, couldnt really shoot though. Maybe it was just a bad game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: