Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far
Default Nets want Big Babyy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

i was waiting for them to go after him. he's a great fit for our team. big and athletic with a good shot and good intensity. He'd be a sick addition to our young core. screw Yi.

Harris/Lee/?/Davis/Lopez

throw a lebron in there next year and we good lol
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nets want Big Babyy

Big and athletic? I haven't seen him dunk yet..

I'd rather gamble on Sean Williams for now.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Big and athletic? I haven't seen him dunk yet..

I'd rather gamble on Sean Williams for now.

meh we've been waiting for that guy to improve. nothin yet...
Old 07-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont like Big Baby but I have to admit he did a great job when KG went down for the C's. I wouldnt mind if we got him though I doubt the Celtics want to lose him.

Man we need to make a move.
I'm just waiting to come on ISH and see:

Breaking News: Nets sign !
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

lol i guess thats why i got excited when i saw this. we might actually do something. wade/lbj/bosh not looking good for us. maybe we should just try to get boozer and a good sf next year?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Vinsanity850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
lol i guess thats why i got excited when i saw this. we might actually do something. wade/lbj/bosh not looking good for us. maybe we should just try to get boozer and a good sf next year?

whts wrong with terrence? have ye no faith?
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

According to rumors, nets are in the race for Big baby, Lamar Odom, Carlos Boozer, Marvin Williams, and Drew Gooden. So i think they will probably land one of these guys.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Vinsanity850

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
According to rumors, nets are in the race for Big baby, Lamar Odom, Carlos Boozer, Marvin Williams, and Drew Gooden. So i think they will probably land one of these guys.

I hope we get marvin, he was playing good last year. i def dont want gooden.
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I'll take Glen if he's cheap. He could be a nice player for us.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
sublicon

sublicon has an OK reputation so far

I hate to say it, I don't think we're signing anybody.

Every single player linked to us has been a result of an "inquiry" which ultimately results in absolutely NADA happening in terms of making a competitive offer to try to acquire somebody.

If we make an offer for Davis, the Celtics will match, and it'll be a wrap. Who's next?
sublicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

here's a clip from the NY post about the situation:

"We're trying to stay abreast of all situations," GM Kiki Vandeweghe said.

"We've contacted most of the teams and the agents to make sure we know where everybody is. We're waiting to see what comes out of the initial waves [of signings and movement].

"We like our young players, we like our core group and don't want to change it."

One name being floated, and by all accounts unrealistically, is Carlos Boozer from Utah. The Nets simply don't have what Utah would require -- unless they'd be willing to part with Brook Lopez, which is not going to happen.

"There's really nothing to comment about," Nets president Rod Thorn said regarding Boozer.

So again, the Nets' stance is wait and see and hopefully scoop up a bargain when the dust settles.

Boozer, Odom, Davis all seem beyond reach. And no signing will happen until a roster spot is cleared."""

After reading this, i think Marvin Williams may be an option...but who knows.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Id rather just develop Yi, we already have Eddie and Williams on the bench
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was hoping The Nets would make a move for Josh McRoberts. Big Baby would make The Nets an even worse rebounding team if he got the lion's share of the minutes as a starter. He is horrible on the boards.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I was hoping The Nets would make a move for Josh McRoberts. Big Baby would make The Nets an even worse rebounding team if he got the lion's share of the minutes as a starter. He is horrible on the boards.

Can't be any worse than Yi. We traded our offensive board monster, Ryan Anderson.

I wanted the Nets to draft Josh over Sean Williams back in '07.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #15
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Can't be any worse than Yi. We traded our offensive board monster, Ryan Anderson.

I wanted the Nets to draft Josh over Sean Williams back in '07.
Yi is still on a rookie contract though. I don't want to get any money tied up in a player like Big Baby.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: