Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
24Love
Learning to shoot layups

Default Basketball Diet

Can anybody provide a diet that will help me become more energetic?that will help me possibly grow taller/bigger possibly?

Im not fat or skinny, Im fit.
It's just that when i got tournament games schedule in the morning, or practices in the morning. Im very tired and run out of breath during suicides and drills. my coach said its because I drink a lot of pop/soda and becuase my diet is bad. But i only eat what my mom puts on the table. can somebody please provide a diet? Im not trying to loose weight, i just want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
24Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Default Re: Basketball Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Love
Can anybody provide a diet that will help me become more energetic?that will help me possibly grow taller/bigger possibly?

Im not fat or skinny, Im fit.
It's just that when i got tournament games schedule in the morning, or practices in the morning. Im very tired and run out of breath during suicides and drills. my coach said its because I drink a lot of pop/soda and becuase my diet is bad. But i only eat what my mom puts on the table. can somebody please provide a diet? Im not trying to loose weight, i just want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Breakfast (pick1)
1. Oatmeal + blueberries, banana, glass of milk
2. 2 Eggs, 2 slices of wheat toast, 2 strips of bacon/sausage. orange juice
3. Bowl of Cereal, banana, glass of milk/water
(you may drink any juice/water, and you may substitute banana for other fruit)

Lunch (pick1)
1. Peanut butter/Jelly Sandwich + fruit + water
2. some form of chicken + vegetables + water
3. some form of fish + vegetables + water

Dinner you can usually do whatever. Try to stay away from greasy foods and sugar unless its natural (sugar from a fruit is ok, sugar from candy is not). You should be consuming a certain amount of fat in your diet, but you want good fats, not bad.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
24Love
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Breakfast (pick1)
1. Oatmeal + blueberries, banana, glass of milk
2. 2 Eggs, 2 slices of wheat toast, 2 strips of bacon/sausage. orange juice
3. Bowl of Cereal, banana, glass of milk/water
(you may drink any juice/water, and you may substitute banana for other fruit)

Lunch (pick1)
1. Peanut butter/Jelly Sandwich + fruit + water
2. some form of chicken + vegetables + water
3. some form of fish + vegetables + water

Dinner you can usually do whatever. Try to stay away from greasy foods and sugar unless its natural (sugar from a fruit is ok, sugar from candy is not). You should be consuming a certain amount of fat in your diet, but you want good fats, not bad.

Thanks, really appreciated
24Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

yea dude is pretty much on the money. Keep your meals simple man, Chicken, Fish, Tuna, Turkey Breast and vegetables/ salad for lunch and dinner...Breakfast - oatmeal, eggs,

snacks should be fruits in between meals and take protein shakes as well for energy. 1 or 2 a day. Drink Plenty of Water and if u need to drink juice, do Green tea or Diet Green Tea and occasionaly G2. Get 8-9 hours of sleep...and start weight training. Ball players tend to neglect serious weight training.
Also make sure you are eating 5-6 times a day, i dont know how old you are but if you are fairly young, u better start drinking lots and lots of milk for you bones so you can grow strong, if your trying to make it to the NBA...IF you dont grow and say you get to like 6'0 Max or so...work on your handles and make sure ur good enought to be a point guard.

Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Protein Shake

Do that and you will feel like a superhero

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 07-29-2009 at 06:12 PM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
Shoo
Saw a basketball once

Protein - Helps you grow taller, helps rebuild muscle mass.
Fat/Carbs - Gives you energy. Body will burn carbs before it burns fat.

A lot of athletes in other sports like to "carb-load" before an athletic event... Wheat bread, brown rice, pasta, cereal, so on. This will be your best bet in giving you energy.

Eating a lot of meat and drinking milk will help you grow taller.

Example.

Breakfast - Eggs, Turkey Sausage (heaps lot more protein and a lot less fat), Slice of Wheat Bread, Orange Juice
Lunch - Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs (again a lot more protein and a lot less fat than a regular meatball)
Dinner - Steak, Salad, Wheat Bread

And fill in with healthy snacks. Soda and potatos (french fries, mashed, baked) are probably the most popular foods that help your body the least, so try to cut back... But I admit, I enjoy a good baked potato now and then.

Last edited by Shoo : 08-09-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: