Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default One more trade to solidify the backcourt

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=lbu8fw

A guy can dream, cant he?

Bulls get 9 million in expiring contracts with which to go after FA's next year. Lakers get a fantastic triangle point guard.

I wish this were possible.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: One more trade to solidify the backcourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=lbu8fw

A guy can dream, cant he?

Bulls get 9 million in expiring contracts with which to go after FA's next year. Lakers get a fantastic triangle point guard.

I wish this were possible.

I hate Hinrich......horribly overrated!!!!!! Farmar will be much better than him by 2010-2011 season.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

He's the best defensive PG in the league and possibly the best defensive guard period.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I hate Hinrich......horribly overrated!!!!!! Farmar will be much better than him by 2010-2011 season.

he might be overrated but he works really well for our team and the triangle. and i'm not so sure about farmar... he's so small
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

The hollinger rating says we would lose one more game with Hinrich... WTF? lol
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He's the best defensive PG in the league and possibly the best defensive guard period.

Better than Billups? Nah. Billups is the best defensive pg in the league imo with Kidd up there at top 5 as well. hm, I dunno who else I would put up there in my top 5 defensive pg list.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

He isn't on Kobe's level, I wouldn't even put him in the same tier. I don't think he's better then Rondo either defensively, possibly not better then Billups or even aging Kidd. As overrated as Chris Paul is defensively, I'd still probably take him over Hinrich.

I don't understand what makes him that good to be honest. He's very overrated in my opinion. He isn't that much of an upgrade defensive over Fisher or Shannon. His lateral quickness isn't on Paul's level, his defensive awareness is great but not on Kidd/Billup's level.

Yeah we lack defensive PG's in this league today, but that's no reason to overrate Kirk. He is an above average PG to me. I wouldn't trade Derek for Kirk straight up, I trust Fish in clutch moments way too much.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
He isn't on Kobe's level, I wouldn't even put him in the same tier. I don't think he's better then Rondo either defensively, possibly not better then Billups or even aging Kidd. As overrated as Chris Paul is defensively, I'd still probably take him over Hinrich.

I don't understand what makes him that good to be honest. He's very overrated in my opinion. He isn't that much of an upgrade defensive over Fisher or Shannon. His lateral quickness isn't on Paul's level, his defensive awareness is great but not on Kidd/Billup's level.

Yeah we lack defensive PG's in this league today, but that's no reason to overrate Kirk. He is an above average PG to me. I wouldn't trade Derek for Kirk straight up, I trust Fish in clutch moments way too much.

I agree with many of those points.

Yup I forgot Rondo as well. The one thing I disagree with is CP3 being up there; I do not think he should be really considered a defensive pg, dude. He is good at stealing at the ball but his man-on-man defense is not all that impressive at all considering his size and all. If we are talking about just defense, I would not take CP3 over Hinrich. Steals do not make up for not being able to defend others physically..

I guess my top 5 defensive PG list in order are:
1.Billups
2.Rondo
3.Kidd
4.Jameer Nelson
5.D-Williams (this one is really arguable but I think he plays pretty physical D). I thought this could either be Deron or Andre Miller or Hinrich.

I was thinking of putting Baron Davis there but nah. He is not anywhere near top 5 defensive PGs lol

Last edited by bladefd : 07-31-2009 at 12:55 AM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i like hinrich..i wouldn't have felt that bad if odom talks broke down and he got s&t for hinrich and another big man (thomas/noah) instead

oh and jameer nelson plays crappy d
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i'll have what he's drinking...

"i'll just drink enough till he looks good to meeeeeeee"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 AM   #11
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I agree with many of those points.

Yup I forgot Rondo as well. The one thing I disagree with is CP3 being up there; I do not think he should be really considered a defensive pg, dude. He is good at stealing at the ball but his man-on-man defense is not all that impressive at all considering his size and all. If we are talking about just defense, I would not take CP3 over Hinrich. Steals do not make up for not being able to defend others physically..

I guess my top 5 defensive PG list in order are:
1.Billups
2.Rondo
3.Kidd
4.Jameer Nelson
5.D-Williams (this one is really arguable but I think he plays pretty physical D). I thought this could either be Deron or Andre Miller or Hinrich.

I was thinking of putting Baron Davis there but nah. He is not anywhere near top 5 defensive PGs lol

Man to man defense, Baron is as good as it gets in this league at the PG position. He's always freaking injured though. I agree CP isn't that great of a man to man defender, but he has good instinct and plays the passing lanes to perfection. He is slightly better then Iverson was but the PG position is weak in general so I had to throw him a bone.

I heard someone in the other forum mention LA trading Bynum for Hinrich, have people lost their minds? Bynum when healthy the last TWO seasons for a stretch was our most efficient scorer, and that includes Pau. We can get a hell of a lot more then Kirk for Drew; there is no reason to believe Bynum's stock went down. He came back a week before the playoffs started and was expected to produce in an atmosphere that he never played in.

If healthy, I could totally see Drew being our 3rd best player by season end. Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if he made the All-Star team and actually kept pace with Pau in terms of low post scoring. I love this kid's game, he is a prototypical center. Weight, size, low post moves, strength etc.

Kid has a chance to be special, I'd want more then an Kirk Hinrich for him. Hinrich in my eyes has declined as a player after the Kobe saga, where the Bulls were offering Hinrich, Gordon etc for Bryant.

I'm sure if LA really wanted Kirk they wouldn't even have to give up that much with Rose on the rise. Expiring contracts and draft picks would do the trick, in my opinion.

Last edited by Story Up : 07-31-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
ZeN
24,300...2K To Go

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Kirk and would root for him if he were a laker....

Hes not the particular thing that LA needs.. but the Lakers will as some point have to address the PG position, regardless of if it goes to an inside sources or via trade...

I would love for the Lakers to mainly give big regular season min. to a player other than Fish..

Not only would that prepare a young one for the playoffs... but it would also save energy for the Elder Mr. Little Bull Dog...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I like Kirk and would root for him if he were a laker....

Hes not the particular thing that LA needs.. but the Lakers will as some point have to address the PG position, regardless of if it goes to an inside sources or via trade...

I would love for the Lakers to mainly give big regular season min. to a player other than Fish..

Not only would that prepare a young one for the playoffs... but it would also save energy for the Elder Mr. Little Bull Dog...

Fisher played less then 30 MPG during the regular season. Phil gave Farmar/Shannon 18 minutes a night, that's significant minutes given to your back court PG's.

I expect Fish to play around 26 MPG this upcoming season.
As long as we run the triangle offense we'll have flexibility at the PG spot. Look at Brown, I completely think he's a 2 in this league but yet he plays PG for our offensive scheme.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #14
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:

Do they have oxygen on your planet?

Did you see how horribly he played in the playoffs, what a complete choker......the anti D-Fish!!! !
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Quote:

Huh?

Dude, therer are many, many better defensive guards in this league.
I do like Hinrich, but come on.
He is overrated simply because he is worth no where near his contract.
He is a nice player, and I personally think he'd be a good fit in our system.
He is a good, not great, defender. He passes and handles the ball well, and I think he'd be a high % 3 point shooter in OUR system, because he'd get so many wide open shots.

I read someone on the Bulls board suggest that Hinrich>Odom.
People always overestimatre their own players.
Bulls mgt would jump at a chance to make that swap, but we would never do it.
As far as the Bynum rumors, he is the future face of this franchise, and IMO, would be a 20/10 guy right now on just about any other team in the league.

If Mitch could pull off a little more of the Kwame for Gasol magic, great, I think Hinrich would be a good fit and solve our PG question well into the future.
But, IMO, the Bulls won't just dump him, and will expect some nice talent coming back in a trade, talent that the Lakers would not be willing to offer.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: