Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
unknown101
Local High School Star

Default Do you think Iverson would fit on this team?

We got the MLE and no1 to use it on and Iverson isn't signing with anyone. He is still capable of dropping 25ppg and maybe 6apg and 1.5spg. How well do you think he would fit with this team?

Starting lineup can be something like

Brooks
AI
Ariza
Scola
Anderson? Dorsey? Landry? Not sure who our starting C is.
With Battier as 6th man
unknown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

Default Re: Do you think Iverson would fit on this team?

You left out T-Mac... he's gonna be kicking butts this season hopefully. But Iverson could take Wafer's place.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

I really feel they should think about it but houston does not seem to be interested. Yao Ming is injured for the year and t-mac does not return til around the all star break... Houston is still a solid defensive team and you don't really have a major scorer on offense. Scola is definitely capable but hasn't given that role in the NBA til this season, Brooks is definitely capable but hasn't shown the consistency.

Iverson 1 year for MLE could be beneficial. I don't believe the 18ppg Iverson in Detroit is the real A.I. A Brooks-Iverson tandem would also be an interesting thing to see. I see Brooks as an A.I. type player. A scoring point but Brooks is the better long range shooter but they have a lot of similarities. Iverson at 2 would be a better contributer but the tandem on the defensive end would be highly questionable.

If nothing else, i bet they have considered it.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
I really feel they should think about it but houston does not seem to be interested. Yao Ming is injured for the year and t-mac does not return til around the all star break... Houston is still a solid defensive team and you don't really have a major scorer on offense. Scola is definitely capable but hasn't given that role in the NBA til this season, Brooks is definitely capable but hasn't shown the consistency.

Iverson 1 year for MLE could be beneficial. I don't believe the 18ppg Iverson in Detroit is the real A.I. A Brooks-Iverson tandem would also be an interesting thing to see. I see Brooks as an A.I. type player. A scoring point but Brooks is the better long range shooter but they have a lot of similarities. Iverson at 2 would be a better contributer but the tandem on the defensive end would be highly questionable.

If nothing else, i bet they have considered it.

T-Mac is expected to come around December from what I've heard, and I don't know about about Iverson because he only seems to do good when he's the only scorer on the team. I'm not sure how he would do in our system. Maybe if he didn't want to have the ball as much, and played team ball, this deal could work.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
T-Mac is expected to come around December from what I've heard, and I don't know about about Iverson because he only seems to do good when he's the only scorer on the team. I'm not sure how he would do in our system. Maybe if he didn't want to have the ball as much, and played team ball, this deal could work.

see what i was thinking is that next season, we don't have a proven perimeter scorer and another big issue is that we don't have a distributor. Brooks can score but he isn't consistent and he hasn't shown he is a solid floor general and distributor. The only know scorer that we know will be consistent night in and night out is Luis Scola. Having Iverson gives us a scoring threat and a go to guy late in the games and he will be the best distributor on the team.

if it doesn't work out, it's a 1 and done deal.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
mattevans11
National High School Star

Quote:
see what i was thinking is that next season, we don't have a proven perimeter scorer and another big issue is that we don't have a distributor. Brooks can score but he isn't consistent and he hasn't shown he is a solid floor general and distributor. The only know scorer that we know will be consistent night in and night out is Luis Scola. Having Iverson gives us a scoring threat and a go to guy late in the games and he will be the best distributor on the team.

if it doesn't work out, it's a 1 and done deal.

Morey is too smart to give him even a one year try out. he is a stat driven executive and AI tdakes way too many DUMB shots to get a second look from a smart mind like Morey....PLEASE keep this guy FAR away from this TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
unknown101
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
Morey is too smart to give him even a one year try out. he is a stat driven executive and AI tdakes way too many DUMB shots to get a second look from a smart mind like Morey....PLEASE keep this guy FAR away from this TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want him either, but for a different reason. I hope the Rockets tank this year so we can get one of the great players in next years draft like Greg Monroe or John Wall. Next year is supposed to be an extremely deep draft, so the Rockets can get a great player if they get into the lottery.
unknown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:37 AM   #8
Q.E.C
нυєy

I just don't think we need anymore guards unless its Kobe or someone amazing. Our main focus should be a big man.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
Jordandunk23
Rockets

While i'm not strong on Iverson being the savior of this squad, I think people don't realize who Iverson is. I think people are caught up on the Iverson bashing from Detroit media last season and that's all they see Iverson as is a team cancer. While I don't believe he is the same player that can put up 27+ppg, he is more than capable of 20ppg and if you look at our roster i don't think people realize we don't have one player that has averaged over 15ppg with houston.

I don't ever believe "tanking" a season is an option because i don't believe anything good comes out of it. We have a better chance at a higher draft pick but it won't necessarily happen. We might get a high draft pick but we might not necessarily get a good player out of it. Im a firm believer of playing to win.

With that said maybe Iverson really just isn't a good signing and the Rockets believe they have the pieces to play for the season and they know guys will step up as the main focuses on offense (im looking at Scola and Brooks in particular).
Old 08-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #10
mattevans11

Quote:
While i'm not strong on Iverson being the savior of this squad, I think people don't realize who Iverson is. I think people are caught up on the Iverson bashing from Detroit media last season and that's all they see Iverson as is a team cancer. While I don't believe he is the same player that can put up 27+ppg, he is more than capable of 20ppg and if you look at our roster i don't think people realize we don't have one player that has averaged over 15ppg with houston.

I don't ever believe "tanking" a season is an option because i don't believe anything good comes out of it. We have a better chance at a higher draft pick but it won't necessarily happen. We might get a high draft pick but we might not necessarily get a good player out of it. Im a firm believer of playing to win.

With that said maybe Iverson really just isn't a good signing and the Rockets believe they have the pieces to play for the season and they know guys will step up as the main focuses on offense (im looking at Scola and Brooks in particular).

i know who iverson is has been one of the biggest CHUCKERS in NBA history......

put it this way....i wouldnt want a prime AI on this team....... PERIOD!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #11
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
i know who iverson is has been one of the biggest CHUCKERS in NBA history......

put it this way....i wouldnt want a prime AI on this team....... PERIOD!!!!!!!!

now that's a pretty bold statement. Okay, iverson is not the most efficient guard in NBA history to say the least. He is nonetheless a hall of famer. The 2001 Sixers were specifically built as a defensive squad with Iverson forced to produce the offense. So yes, in his career Iverson has shot a low fg percentage, but when was the last time T-mac had a higher fg% in the season over Iverson??... 04-05

If you believe Iverson won't fit in well in Houston, that's fair but a prime A.I. made a career good enough to be a future hall of famer.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
mattevans11

Quote:
now that's a pretty bold statement. Okay, iverson is not the most efficient guard in NBA history to say the least. He is nonetheless a hall of famer. The 2001 Sixers were specifically built as a defensive squad with Iverson forced to produce the offense. So yes, in his career Iverson has shot a low fg percentage, but when was the last time T-mac had a higher fg% in the season over Iverson??... 04-05

If you believe Iverson won't fit in well in Houston, that's fair but a prime A.I. made a career good enough to be a future hall of famer.

hall of famer....... YES!!!!!!!! He will without a doubt make the hall of fame.

He is a guy that never learned that he needs his game to mature for him to be productive. Yes, he was a GREAT scorer(even though his fgs were terrible) but remember the Eastern conference when they made it to the finals.... it was like the NBA D league.

He will go down as a Hall of Famer, but i dont think it is a secret whether I would vote him in or not...... the answer is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
Jordandunk23
Rockets

i mean i trust the rockets org. and all, if they don't believe Iverson will help then i will believe that. Ive heard only two teams are interested now in A.I. that being New York and Charlotte.

I don't know the type of contract being tossed around to A.I. but i have been hearing MLE. For the MLE, you could get a guy that a couple of seasons ago averaged 26ppg 7apg in 46fg%. I just don't believe his Detroit fall last season.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #14
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
i mean i trust the rockets org. and all, if they don't believe Iverson will help then i will believe that. Ive heard only two teams are interested now in A.I. that being New York and Charlotte.

I don't know the type of contract being tossed around to A.I. but i have been hearing MLE. For the MLE, you could get a guy that a couple of seasons ago averaged 26ppg 7apg in 46fg%. I just don't believe his Detroit fall last season.

If we can get him then I'll take him I guess. He could be what we need right now because like you said earlier, we don't have a primary scorer. The thing I'm worried about is, how well will he work with Tracy and Yao when they return? I wouldn't mind having Iverson at all, the thing about him is, he's 6'1 and plays like a SG, not a PG. He wants to shoot most of the time, and doesn't really pass the ball much. If Adleman can get him to play team ball then I'll be glad to have him. I think thats Iverson's problem now, is that he plays for himself and not for the team.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #15
mattevans11

if he can play team ball? that is like asking a bowl of cereal to fill you up....not happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: