Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

The Joker has an OK reputation so far
Default Why is Harris considered a top PG?

Look at what he has done... had few high scoring games and he runs fast... really does that put you in the same category as the likes of Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups?

I don't think so. He has to be the most overrated point guard in the league after last season.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Why is Harris considered a top PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
Look at what he has done... had few high scoring games and he runs fast... really does that put you in the same category as the likes of Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups?

I don't think so. He has to be the most overrated point guard in the league after last season.
He is in the same category Joe Johnson was in last year.. now if he doesn't produce he will go down in the opinions of most..
MrUnstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

G.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

He put up some impressive numbers, better then most the guys you listed and while I don't think an objective fan ranks Harris alongside those players yet, it's clear he the potential to be there.
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

He is also vastly overrated as well. He's good, but people make him out to be this all time stud who single-handedly launched Denver into a deep playoff run.

Davis? He's done
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
He put up some impressive numbers, better then most the guys you listed and while I don't think an objective fan ranks Harris alongside those players yet, it's clear he the potential to be there.
Thats why I gave the Joe Johnson comparison.. he most definetly has the potential but fans are quick to annoint a player before he has done anything significant..
Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

Wake me up and tell me when Harris ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING WORTH OF BEING MENTIONED.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
xx03xx
I hit open layups

xx03xx has an OK reputation so far

because he is OVERRATED..

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE CONTRADICTION
xx03xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

He's not gonna take the Nets anywhere and again will average "good numbers" to boost up his career... He's not even a true point guard in my eyes only assists he gets is when he passes to VC or misses and Lopez gets a rebound other than that he's an awfully shooting scorer. Who shoots 3's knowing that they're not gonna make them? That's just sad.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

This might not be the point but I find it funny you found room to throw in Baron Davis.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
This might not be the point but I find it funny you found room to throw in Baron Davis.
Didn't watch the 2007 playoffs did we?
Old 08-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Why do people rain on Baron and forget what he can do.. yes he had a bad year but he is still a top pg considering what team he played for..
Old 08-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

Harris is a worse shooting and worse passing version of Gilbert Arenas.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #13
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Didn't watch the 2007 playoffs did we?

We're talking about the same guy who's only had 1 season where he's played 70 games in the past 7 seasons?

Is this some type of sick joke?
Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #14
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

Quote:
We're talking about the same guy who's only had 1 season where he's played 70 games in the past 7 seasons?

Is this some type of sick joke?
Ok.... Davis had a full season with the Warriors 2 years ago so first off all get your facts straight(not to mention the other ones but since you said last 7 years then whatever) and Harris never had full season in his career...
Davis is way better than Harris when healthy, and even that one season he had with Warriors where he played every game that season was better than all of Harris' career. Enough said.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #15
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Ok.... Davis had a full season with the Warriors 2 years ago so first off all get your facts straight(not to mention the other ones but since you said last 7 years then whatever) and Harris never had full season in his career...
Davis is way better than Harris when healthy, and even that one season he had with Warriors where he played every game that season was better than all of Harris' career. Enough said.

Yes the full season is the one where hes played 70 games, yes to get to 82 games clearly ment you played 70.

Since you want to be dumb check it out youself

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/baron_...eer_stats.html

From in the past 7 season 02-09 he's only had 1 season where he's played 70 games or more( Thats the 82 one). Please get your facts straight.

Thats pathetic I don't think any other "Top Pg" has a track record like that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: