Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Rapping and Old Age?

What is the cut of age to retire from being a rapper. You notice other genre's of music, you can be 60, 70 and even 80 performing. You have B.B. King, Rolling Stones and James Brown still performing.

So, could y'all see Busta Rhymes or Lil' Wayne performing at 63 years old?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #2
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

35 is the limit IMO.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:25 AM   #3
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

you cant act "gangsta" for the rest of your life...eventually you have a wife, kids, family and those things become the most important parts of your life. i think that is why alot of them are using rap as a platform to bigger things like fashion, acting, and other business ventures. rappers like P. Diddy and Dr. Dre dont really rap much any more, they make their money making beats, selling clothes etc. if you havent built some type of platform to keep you in the limelight, you will just fade away.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Lascar78 has an OK reputation so far

there weren't any 70 year old rockers in the 70s or 80s. The music has to be old enough for some of its top performers to be old. As far as new guys go, isn't Rick Ross about 45?
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i saw ice-cube on the hip-hop awards the other day

he still looked and sounded better than most rappers
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Number2
I hit open layups

Number2 has an OK reputation so far

Andre 3000 said once that he can't imagine rapping after 35.
Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

And this is why hiphop will always be treated as a disposable music, not worthy of the same kind of respect as classical, jazz, rock, country, etc.

There's no respect of elder acts in hiphop. You're considered over the hill.

I see 12, 13 year old kids all the time rocking Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, etc. shirts.

In hiphop, you have a "shelf life" and that's it.

It's sad, but it shows that the average hiphop "fan" is really nothing of the sort. Just someone jumping on the latest trend.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
And this is why hiphop will always be treated as a disposable music, not worthy of the same kind of respect as classical, jazz, rock, country, etc.

There's no respect of elder acts in hiphop. You're considered over the hill.

I see 12, 13 year old kids all the time rocking Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, etc. shirts.

In hiphop, you have a "shelf life" and that's it.

It's sad, but it shows that the average hiphop "fan" is really nothing of the sort. Just someone jumping on the latest trend.

It's true, but alot of these kids rep the older bands b/c the newer music is not nearly as good. Maybe the alternative could be true about rap.....I really don't know I'm not a rap fan.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #9
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Snoop is embarrasing himself these days...
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #10
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Snoop is embarrasing himself these days...

I think Jay-Z is more of an embarrasment
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 PM   #11
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

If young people are better rappers than older people, I guess it's not the kind of art form that you get better at with experience? I mean, most jazz musicians start to find their voice around age 30 and hit their prime at 40. If rappers hit their prime at age 20, what does it say about the music? That it's more important to be young and cool than to be good at the craft? The reason I compared it to jazz, is because I suspect that in actuallity rappers should be getting better with age. They should be refining their control of rhythm, building their vocabulary, and starting to talk about real subjects. A 40 year old rapper should be able to give us more insightful lyrics with a more polished delivery, assuming they kept practicing and experiencing life throughout their 20's and 30's.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: