Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Iverson 'Definitely' Not Coming To Knicks

Quote:
But the fact that Iverson mentioned New York and other news outlets insisted on including the Knicks as a destination despite our reporting here, let's make the point clear. I mean, crystal clear.

To reiterate our reporting, we've been told by several sources -- impeccable ones (as opposed to those misguided peccable types) --that Iverson has never been seriously considered by the Knicks and, despite his available status, will not be.

One source suggested we here at the Fix "take a very strong position that the Knicks are not a destination for Iverson."

Another put it succinctly that Iverson's future team is "definitely not" the Knicks.

Link: http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...nick-1.1382819

So who does this leave?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Tking714
I can dunk

Tking714 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Iverson 'Definitely' Not Coming To Knicks

Bobcats.
Tking714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

It's gotta be Charlotte I would think

Theirs is the only team AI fits on in a starting role that has a shot at the playoffs.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
It's gotta be Charlotte I would think

Theirs is the only team AI fits on in a starting role that has a shot at the playoffs.

So considering the team is in debt and taking on huge financial losses, how do you convince the owner to sign Iverson to start.... and still sign Felton to a ~$30M contract?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #5
Tking714
I can dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
So considering the team is in debt and taking on huge financial losses, how do you convince the owner to sign Iverson to start.... and still sign Felton to a ~$30M contract?

Iverson brings fans. Fans bring money. Iverson brings wins. Fans like wins.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:05 AM   #6
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

AI can come to the Hawks on MLE. The Hawks are under the luxury cap and could give out the full MLE to AI, if he would accept a backup role.

Our bench would be phenomenal if he came: AI, Crawford, Evans, Joe Smith, Pachulia.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not the Clippers, please.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

have the Heat ruled him out?
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
have the Heat ruled him out?

I hope not. But is he willing to take a bench role?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #10
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tking714
Iverson brings fans. Fans bring money. Iverson brings wins. Fans like wins.
So if that's the case... why re-sign Felton at all if he's only going to be a bench player? They already have Augustin & Singletary?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:29 AM   #11
Tking714
I can dunk

Quote:
So if that's the case... why re-sign Felton at all if he's only going to be a bench player? They already have Augustin?

True, but Iverson is more like a rental. They still need to keep their young talented PGs.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #12
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Probably not behind Wade and Chalmers, there aint many minutes to be had.
nice avy btw.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #13
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Probably not behind Wade and Chalmers, there aint many minutes to be had.
nice avy btw.
There are minutes to be had... but I think Riley wants to see what he can get out of Cook going into 2010 to know whether to pick up his player option. Cook has been working on his ball handling... and assessing pick & roll situations throughout the Heat's "summer camp". Riley is looking towards the future, and his plan makes the most sense to get the team better long term, but it may frustrate Wade in the meantime if he doesn't get more scoring/playmaking help.

...And thanks, btw.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #14
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

IMO, this is the sole thing that put's the Bobcats as the number 1 potential destination. All depends how keen (or not) they are to put themselves over the luxury tax considering Felton's contract is a fixture, regardless of whether they keep him or not. (Props to rufuspaul for reminding me of this in another thread, I kinda forgot ).

Raja Bell is our biggest trade asset at the moment, being an expiring contact at the end of the coming season.

If we really want him, it's either go over the luxury tax and not resign Felton so AI get's his minutes, or trade Raja, or maybe (preferably) someone like Radmanovic or Mohammed who have big contracts, but will come off the books another season later. Would be a case of finding a team who would bite on that.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
The Joker
Agent of Chaos

The Joker has an OK reputation so far

Yes!!! Thank God... I was afraid he might end up in NY but now I can breathe. As a Knicks fan I do not want AI. Nothing personal, I just don't want him here.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: