Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default D Wash

Is Darius Washington on the Mavs squad? I watched him play
college bball. How is he doing with the Mavs?
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

He hasn't been very impressive, at least in my opinion. I've read more than one comment stating he should've stayed another year. More than likely he won't make the team. It's looking like it's between Barea and Ebi for the last spot.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Just to follow up. Washington was waived today by the Mavs. The roster stands at 16.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:26 AM   #4
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

so carrol is waived too?

also both the four players played awfully, they all shot below 39 percent from the field
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Carroll got the axe earlier. It's down to Barea and Ebi. Both have had good and bad moments. The one thing against Ebi is that you can't have him do any d-league time. Tonight might be the last time to see either of them with any decent minutes till the last game. Wed against the Cavs is supposed to be as close to a dress rehearsal for the regulars, won't get much time then. And with everyone almost healthy, might not see much tonight.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

thanks for the update on D Wash...he should have stayed in college
one more year and he might have been drafted
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #7
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

I believe he was expecting to be drafter this year. Ive seen a lot of "i can't believe that guy wasn't drafted" comments running around out there.

I love barea, but being 3 deep at pg as it is, I dont see a great need for him despite the fact he'd be our only true pg. Ebi still plays like a highschooler (stupid mistakes) but has moments of brilliance. Would mind seeing us take him on as a project although i dont know how we'd juggle the roster with the D league. With Ebi it might mean sending ager, bonsu, and mbenga down.

**EDIT**
was catching up on mavs news and ran over an article that said its just as likely the mavs will cut both players, keeping only 14 on the roster and allowing for roster flexibility later in the season.

Last edited by soog : 10-22-2006 at 12:31 PM.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #8
flamethrower42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

flamethrower42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by soog
I believe he was expecting to be drafter this year. Ive seen a lot of "i can't believe that guy wasn't drafted" comments running around out there.

I love barea, but being 3 deep at pg as it is, I dont see a great need for him despite the fact he'd be our only true pg. Ebi still plays like a highschooler (stupid mistakes) but has moments of brilliance. Would mind seeing us take him on as a project although i dont know how we'd juggle the roster with the D league. With Ebi it might mean sending ager, bonsu, and mbenga down.

**EDIT**
was catching up on mavs news and ran over an article that said its just as likely the mavs will cut both players, keeping only 14 on the roster and allowing for roster flexibility later in the season.

I didn't see the article but that is what I read from comments
around the boards.
Nice thought to be able to pick up another player later.

Any thoughts on what position they would look to fill?
flamethrower42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

well we have a lot of versatility at each position because we have players who can play multiple positions.

pg - aj, harris, jet
sg - ager, stack, buck, jet, george
sf - howard, george, stack
pf - dirk, crocher, pops, george
c - diop, damp, mbenga

so we have no glaring weaknesses in terms of lack of depth. I would say the biggest factor would be in dealing with active roster spots. anyone we would sign would most likely be sent to the D-league, or at least inactivated.

so i would say purely picking up a player isn't incredibly likely, i would say this would more likely give us the flexibility to pull of a midseason trade.

and if we do make a move id say we'd most likely make a move at pf, i like crosher, but as ive said before, I'd like to see him and what i believe is the last year of his contract moved somewhere else, or possibly if KVH does want to come back to a S&T with him. with so many teams over the salary cap now, we would most likely be involved in something if he does stay in the nba.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
flamethrower42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

flamethrower42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by soog
well we have a lot of versatility at each position because we have players who can play multiple positions.

pg - aj, harris, jet
sg - ager, stack, buck, jet, george
sf - howard, george, stack
pf - dirk, crocher, pops, george
c - diop, damp, mbenga

so we have no glaring weaknesses in terms of lack of depth. I would say the biggest factor would be in dealing with active roster spots. anyone we would sign would most likely be sent to the D-league, or at least inactivated.

so i would say purely picking up a player isn't incredibly likely, i would say this would more likely give us the flexibility to pull of a midseason trade.

and if we do make a move id say we'd most likely make a move at pf, i like crosher, but as ive said before, I'd like to see him and what i believe is the last year of his contract moved somewhere else, or possibly if KVH does want to come back to a S&T with him. with so many teams over the salary cap now, we would most likely be involved in something if he does stay in the nba.

Well thought out post and make perfectly good reasoning for the Mavs to use AC as a S&T, more power to us if KVH could be used. If not he drops off the books.
Thanks for the reply.
flamethrower42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Darius will find a home in the NBDL.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: