Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I Need Light Shoes With Ankle Support!

Alright, my Reebok Pumps just aren't cutting it. They feel heavy, and the inner material is slippery. So even when as tight as I can tie them I can slide my feet out.

What are some light shoes with good ankle support? I don't care what brand, or a price. Give me some recommendations people!
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I Need Light Shoes With Ankle Support!

Hyperdunks are light as fukc and have great ankle support.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Alright, my Reebok Pumps just aren't cutting it. They feel heavy, and the inner material is slippery. So even when as tight as I can tie them I can slide my feet out.

What are some light shoes with good ankle support? I don't care what brand, or a price. Give me some recommendations people!
Try the hyperize.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks guys... The Hyperize's are just a newer version of Hyperdunks right?

Should I just go for Hyperize since they're newer, or get Hyperdunks?

Will the 'fly wire' material last a decent amount of time?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thanks guys... The Hyperize's are just a newer version of Hyperdunks right?

Should I just go for Hyperize since they're newer, or get Hyperdunks?

Will the 'fly wire' material last a decent amount of time?
Hyperdunks are pretty cheap now. They go for 80 or 90 dollars I think. The hyperizes are 125. Go with whatever fits your budget.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Hyperdunks are pretty cheap now. They go for 80 or 90 dollars I think. The hyperizes are 125. Go with whatever fits your budget.

Yeah looks like I'm going to go for the Hyperdunks (cheaper is good).

What are some good sites? I checked Eastbay and Zappos, but their variety is lacking. Ebay seems like there are some decent prices (roughly what eastbay has), but would fakes for these be a big issue?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Yeah looks like I'm going to go for the Hyperdunks (cheaper is good).

What are some good sites? I checked Eastbay and Zappos, but their variety is lacking. Ebay seems like there are some decent prices (roughly what eastbay has), but would fakes for these be a big issue?
What size are you and what color do you want?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
What size are you and what color do you want?

I think I'd order 10.5, since that's the size my new Reeboks are. In a pinch I might go for 11. Do the sizes run small, big, or even with other brands?

The only 2 on eastbay that have those sizes are:

EDIT: I'm actually starting to dig the first shoes in this post.
I'd like something a bit different, but if I can't find anything I think I'd go with those white/red ones for $100.

Last edited by ProfessorMurder : 08-26-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
I think I'd order 10.5, since that's the size my new Reeboks are. In a pinch I might go for 11. Do the sizes run small, big, or even with other brands?

The only 2 on eastbay that have those sizes are:

EDIT: I'm actually starting to dig the first shoes in this post.
I'd like something a bit different, but if I can't find anything I think I'd go with those white/red ones for $100.
They run small. Get one size bigger.
Just saying you can get these for $70 dollars and they're only 2 ounces heavier than the hyperdunks if you want to save money.
http://www.sneakerhead.com/nike-zoom...354815031.html
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
They run small. Get one size bigger.
Just saying you can get these for $70 dollars and they're only 2 ounces heavier than the hyperdunks if you want to save money.
http://www.sneakerhead.com/nike-zoom...354815031.html

Cool thanks for all the help man. I'm going to check out a few stores and check out sizing, then order in a day or two... If I can finagle some extra cash I might just go for the Hyperize's.

I'll post what I got when I order them.

I'm throwing a rep your way too.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:16 AM   #11
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Am I too late to add an opinion?

If not, then I suggest looking for an those TS Lightspeeds Adidas came out with a few years ago. They are hella comfortable and are greatly cushioned in the ankle areas.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Am I too late to add an opinion?

If not, then I suggest looking for an those TS Lightspeeds Adidas came out with a few years ago. They are hella comfortable and are greatly cushioned in the ankle areas.

You weren't too late, I saw your post before I went this morning. Thanks for the tip.

I ended up just going all out and getting the Hyperize's in white with blue. The ones featured in the commercial. They are the same size as my Reebok's too.

I can't believe I just spent $130.25 on one pair of shoes! Holy F*CK! Talk about highway robbery.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:30 AM   #13
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Try the Huarache 09s. They offer really good ankle support and are very light. Very comfortable shoe as well.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #14
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Try the Huarache 09s. They offer really good ankle support and are very light. Very comfortable shoe as well.

That also would've been an awesome choice for OP. I saw it a few months ago and was able to test it. Damn it's light!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 AM   #15
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0

Get OJ Mayo's

The designers did a hell of a job on OJ Mayo's logo. When he becomes big time this year he will have his own shoe not these damn player exclusives like LeBron, Kobe, Jordan. What a logo so creative yet so simple. It looks nice it is better than LeBron LBJ logo by far.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: