Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 09-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Heat after Rafer Alston & Keyon Dooling?

Quote:
The Heat -- which says it would prefer to trade for a backup point guard than sign one -- spoke to New Jersey about ex-Heat guards Rafer Alston and Keyon Dooling, one of whom could be dealt. Nothing materialized, but the door was left open for further talks.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...y/1213387.html

Which one do you think is a better fit?

I like Dooling because of his better & more consistent shooting. I also like his versatility, he can play either PG or SG. His defense is slightly better, and he's 4 years younger and could possibly be part of the Heats future plans. He has a partially guaranteed contract going into 2010.

I like Rafer because he is more of the true sense of a "vet". He has more playoff experience, plays like a true PG and will set up the offense and teammates as well as score, and he's a little more crafty being able to hit the little floater in the lane, etc.. He's also a true expiring deal.

Either would be great.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Heat after Rafer Alston & Keyon Dooling?

Rafer Alston would be the better fit at PG imo...would Chalmers still start? If it was for 6th man, gimmi Dooling. PG starter, Alston.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

I'll take Alston & let him , & Chalmers have a royal rumble in training camp for starter.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I was really impressed by Alston in the playoffs. He played really solidly. I would definitely prefer him.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

So how do you guys think Alston would do coming off the bench?

Would he be okay backing up Chalmers? would a player as old as him be able to find a rhythm off the bench?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rafer Alston would be a great addition to the Heat roster...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rafer better start or he won't be a happy camper, i'd take dooling
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
rafer better start or he won't be a happy camper, i'd take dooling
I would take Rafer and he most definitely will start.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #10
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
I would take Rafer and he most definitely will start.

Agree on the first part, can't really say I agree on the second. Chalmers is a solid defender and should get the nod with Alston being the offensive spark off the bench.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Even if we did get Rafer, Spo will start Chalmers, & the only way Skip gets that starting spot is if 1) Chalmers go's down, or 2) chalmers regreses from last year, & i seriusly dought that.

In the end, i dont see us getting Rafer unless NJ actcepts Quin, Wright, Cuba, $3mil, & a 2nd r pick.

Like i said, i don't see rafer in MIA any time soon.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Well it's now official. Rafer is back with the Heat.

Now it will be interesting to see how quickly he advances to starting PG.

Quote:
MIAMI (AP)—Rafer Alston(notes) got his wish, signing with the Miami Heat for the remainder of the season and getting the chance to play alongside Dwyane Wade(notes) again.

The 33-year-old point guard cleared waivers at 6 p.m. Thursday, and the Heat announced the signing about an hour later. Alston will be with the team when it opens a six-game road trip Friday in Phoenix.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #13
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
Even if we did get Rafer, Spo will start Chalmers, & the only way Skip gets that starting spot is if 1) Chalmers go's down, or 2) chalmers regreses from last year, & i seriously dought that.

In the end, i dont see us getting Rafer unless NJ accepts Quinn, Wright, Cuba, $3mil, & a 2nd r pick.

Like i said, i don't see rafer in MIA any time soon.

Chalmers regressed.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:41 AM   #14
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
Chalmers regressed.
Yup.... and Alston is already the starter.

Where's that Riley quote again? Goes something like "I'm not bringing in a veteran to start over Chalmers"...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

I liked the way he played against the Suns. We just need Rafer to be a lock down defender and not take stupid shots or make stupid passes.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: