Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Default Nets roster: Not as bad as some say or predict...

I was just looking at this Nets roster and really think it is not as bad as so many people are saying. Some say the Nets will be the worst team in the league. I say no way. I think the Nets can make a little noise and build a foundation for years to come.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Re: Nets roster: Not as bad as some say or predict...

Its just like last year when they predicted we would be the NBA's worst. What happened? We almost made the playoffs. Those so called "experts" just dont learn.

IMO, were better then the Bucks, Kings, and Knicks. Were probably not making to much noise but I think we'll impress some people.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

record-wise it could be the worst nets team since the 2000-2001 team went 26-56 with stephon marbury.

worst team in the NBA? i'll take that bet any day if somebody out there wants to give me their money.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
josh99
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Its just like last year when they predicted we would be the NBA's worst. What happened? We almost made the playoffs. Those so called "experts" just dont learn.

IMO, were better then the Bucks, Kings, and Knicks. Were probably not making to much noise but I think we'll impress some people.
I doubt you have the worse record in the leauge... The bucks look pretty terrible, the Knicks will be disgusting if they don't resign Nate or Lee, and the Kings are the Kings. The Wolves or Grizzlies could also well be worse than the Nets.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i'm not sure why so many people are down on the knicks. d'antoni has never needed any particular players to make his offense work, other than athletic guys who are reasonable 3pt shooters. then there's steve nash, who he already had to do without last season. nate robinson is no steve nash. there are hundreds of nate robinsons who can make flashy plays and pile up stats in fastbreak offenses. he's totally replaceable IMO and in fact the knicks are probably better off without him. david lee is a different matter.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Does someone really want to tell me that the Kings, Bucks, Knicks, Wolves, AND Grizz are all better than the Nets? Not a chance...

I like the roster for this season's purposes.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Does someone really want to tell me that the Kings, Bucks, Knicks, Wolves, AND Grizz are all better than the Nets? Not a chance...

I like the roster for this season's purposes.

if Grizzlies add Iverson, they may have a more talented roster with O.J mayo, Iverson, Gay, Randolph, Thabeet, and Gasol

Not saying they are better but they got some talent
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
if Grizzlies add Iverson, they may have a more talented roster with O.J mayo, Iverson, Gay, Randolph, Thabeet, and Gasol

I dont know how there gonna play with one basketball down in Memphis.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze

I was just talking about the arguement that the Nets will have the worst record in the league. 1-2 of those teams could end up with a better record, but all of them won't. I guarentee you that.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Well we still need our key players to stay healthy...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

If this team is able to get a good prospect in next year's draft (assuming they get a lottery pick) and get a big free agent acquisition (Lebron? Wade?) this team could be scary good in the future with all the great young players already in place like Harris, Lopez, T Williams, and Courtney Lee who I think would be better as a 6th man.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #12
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

the team for the future looks good and is built on a good foundation. The nets have been smart in doing this and have the most money to spend for next years FA...however the team this year with devin being out, has no scoring. Well see wat happens win devin comes back
Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
If this team is able to get a good prospect in next year's draft (assuming they get a lottery pick) and get a big free agent acquisition (Lebron? Wade?) this team could be scary good in the future with all the great young players already in place like Harris, Lopez, T Williams, and Courtney Lee who I think would be better as a 6th man.

As much as I want LeBron, Wade, or Bosh here, I'm guessing they're not coming. If not them, I want to target Joe Johnson or Amar'e. Either of those guys who be fantastic on our team.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
As much as I want LeBron, Wade, or Bosh here, I'm guessing they're not coming. If not them, I want to target Joe Johnson or Amar'e. Either of those guys who be fantastic on our team.

They are definately not coming (Lebron, Johnson, Wade). They would choose the knicks over the nets...A'mare and Bosh maybe. But how about trying to pick up a guy like RUDY GAY who will also be a FA next year. Lure Gay and A'mare here with Devin Harris and Lopez. Not a bad squad. Although the Knicks will probably try and get these players as well.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 AM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i think you guys are greatly underestimating how much is changing now that the richest owner in sports is buying the nets.

the nets are going to be a premiere destination in the NBA. it won't completely happen overnight, but all the pieces are in place to make it happen within a couple years. star FA's and their agents would be foolish not to consider this.

the knicks are going to be our little brothers within a couple years, and why would any of the stars prefer the little brother? more likely they would choose to stay home, which offers them a larger contract monetarily than switching teams.

Last edited by gigantes : 11-06-2009 at 02:20 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: