Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default bandwagon people

i wrote this post for the "bandwagon" thread in the main:

i'd lived in la-la land for a number of years. when i first moved there in 1985, it was tough and expensive to get laker tix because of the magic show

so i started going to clipper games in the old sports arena and loved it. for 8 bucks you could get in, wander down near courtside and the ushers didnt care. and the fans that did come were working class folks who loved yelling smack at everyone.

i adopted them the next few years-- marques johnson, norm nixon, michael cage, benoit benjamin, mike woodson, darrell valentine-- and rooted for them as blue collar alternatives to the lakers. they never had my heart as the sonics do, but they were fun to follow as it seem the whole world were lakers fans. i have kept an eye on them ever since and still prefer to go to their games when i am in la. i have tix to the spurs game in march

good to see them have a great year last year; i expect them to be even better this year as tim thomas was an upgrade from radmanovich plus the maturity as a team because of the playoffs

i actually wish MORE people would jump on the clippers bandwagon!! they are a fun team to watch.

i do like to toy with bandwagoners at times though by asking them if they think that the 1992 team with harper, manning, ken norman, charles smith, benoit was better than the current team--- and then get blank stares. cracks me up

i do think that people are better served when we stay with one team primarily; but its ok to follow others--- just dont pretend to be more of a fan than you are with a team you just started following (ex. putting clippers stickers all over your car if you have never cussed out donald sterling for being so cheap over the years)

enjoy life!! its too short. go on cheer for the clips if you want, there is more room on this bandwagon!!

but read up a bit on them so we could talk some substance lest i do have to do this -------->>

any comments?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i do like to toy with bandwagoners at times though by asking them if they think that the 1992 team with harper, manning, ken norman, charles smith, benoit was better than the current team--- and then get blank stares. cracks me up

Same here! Noone really knows that Loy Vaught was the man before Elton Brand was here and that Stanley Roberts used to be a beast! And many people give me blank stares when I talk about Pooh Richardson and "Hollywood" James Robinson!
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0

Same here! Noone really knows that Loy Vaught was the man before Elton Brand was here and that Stanley Roberts used to be a beast! And many people give me blank stares when I talk about Pooh Richardson and "Hollywood" James Robinson!

i miss saying "pooh"!!!

stanley was so frustrating over the years--- he could have rivaled shaq but liked the twinkies too much...

oh... those were the days
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:

i'd lived in la-la land for a number of years. when i first moved there in 1985, it was tough and expensive to get laker tix because of the magic show

so i started going to clipper games in the old sports arena and loved it. for 8 bucks you could get in, wander down near courtside and the ushers didnt care. and the fans that did come were working class folks who loved yelling smack at everyone.

i adopted them the next few years-- marques johnson, norm nixon, michael cage, benoit benjamin, mike woodson, darrell valentine-- and rooted for them as blue collar alternatives to the lakers. they never had my heart as the sonics do, but they were fun to follow as it seem the whole world were lakers fans. i have kept an eye on them ever since and still prefer to go to their games when i am in la. i have tix to the spurs game in march

good to see them have a great year last year; i expect them to be even better this year as tim thomas was an upgrade from radmanovich plus the maturity as a team because of the playoffs

i actually wish MORE people would jump on the clippers bandwagon!! they are a fun team to watch.

i do think that people are better served when we stay with one team primarily; but its ok to follow others--- just dont pretend to be more of a fan than you are with a team you just started following (ex. putting clippers stickers all over your car if you have never cussed out donald sterling for being so cheap over the years)

enjoy life!! its too short. go on cheer for the clips if you want, there is more room on this bandwagon!!

but read up a bit on them so we could talk some substance lest i do have to do this -------->>

any comments?
I think this is the best and deepest Clipper team of all time. It is simple just compare each position and don't even bring up the reserves.
any comments
I think this is the best and deepest Clipper team of all time. It is simple just compare each position and don't even bring up the reserves.
any comments
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:

any comments?
any comments
I think this is the best and deepest Clipper team of all time. It is simple just compare each position and don't even bring up the reserves. That is weird, my message posted twice anyhow I have to comment on Stanley Roberts. He was dominent when he was not injured and that was not too often. The Snake was a good player with alot of energy in his play, Danny Manning use to frustrate the hell out of me with all of those bricks he use to put up. Ron Harper did not become a good player until later in his career. I hate to correct you but Benoit didn't play in 92, he was traded for Olden in the 90-91 season but Doc Rivers did play that season along with Loy. I remember all this because I actually became a devoted fan during the 90-91 season, that year was the first year I actually became a NBA fan. I never was a fan of another Team other than the Clippers but I really enjoyed watching MJ play. I remember going to The Sports Arena for several years and never really having expectations of going to the play-offs, man I remember when we use to get excited about the Team scoring more than 100 points and getting free food from Fat Burger or some other fast food Restaurant.

Last edited by adiedanny : 10-26-2006 at 01:45 PM.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: