Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bryant vs. Artest in 4-on-4 scrimmage

Quote:
The Lakers had a long second practice of the season, and let me just say that in the action I saw at the end of practice, Ron Artest didnít exactly shut down Kobe Bryant.

Artest and Bryant were on the same scrimmage team Tuesday night, but they were on different units this time. Not too surprisingly, the purple-clad group of Pau Gasol, Luke Walton, Bryant and Derek Fisher emerged the champion among four practice teams. Bryant had his way with Artest in a key sequence, scoring twice inside, and then Fisher nailed the scrimmage-ending jump shot.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/20...ge-work/22659/
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bryant vs. Artest in 4-on-4 scrimmage

i hope that we dont see a lot of this during the season:

Quote:
Artest jacked up an off-balance wing 3-pointer that sailed way over the basket without hitting anything.
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That will be Artest's biggest challenge which is to play within the system and trust his team.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #4

Nobody "shuts-down" Kobe Bryant. Nobody.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:20 AM   #5
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope artest does better with the opposition..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Coop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Artest jacked up an off-balance wing 3-pointer that sailed way over the basket without hitting anything."

Are we sure he is not talking about Sasha here?
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
That will be Artest's biggest challenge which is to play within the system and trust his team.

I saw one game last year in Chicago where Artest simply took atleast 4 forced/ill advised shots in the last 3 mins, resulting to them giving up a nice lead and losing in the end. Albeit Yao was in foul trouble all game and T-Mac wasn't playing, I still saw a not so smart player in Artest that game.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
i hope that we dont see a lot of this during the season:

LOL, good luck with that sh!t. We saw this a whole lot in Houston. It's very frustrating.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
LOL, good luck with that sh!t. We saw this a whole lot in Houston. It's very frustrating.
still sporting the lovely avy eh?...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
still sporting the lovely avy eh?...

Of course bro. A deal is a deal and I lost. I don't even remember when I'm suppose to take it off.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Of course bro. A deal is a deal and I lost. I don't even remember when I'm suppose to take it off.
lol i don't either.. feel free to swap out anytime
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You guys made a bet for the Lakers/Rockets series I'm guessing?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net

Yep.

When Yao went down for the series, I proposed an avy bet that the Rockets would win in seven. It was wishful thinking, didn't even think they would get to game seven.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
and i didn't have the heart to make him sport something horrid...lol he's too good a poster and a true rockets fan so i made that one up
Old 10-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Artest's shot selection has always been questionable and erratic. I hope he can tone those down a bit. I don't expect him to totally change his game bc that's almost impossible at this stage of his career. But he more than anyone will have to make the biggest adjustments. He is going to need to realize that ball movement is what makes this team go. And Phil has no problem sending you to the dog house if you displease him. Thats one thing I am glad about. Phil would have no problem sending him to the bench if he screws up
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: