Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Question ahhh, help... im starting to think i want morrison #1!

:confused:

this guy is impressing in workouts, he's hitting shots from everywhere, and he has immense passion and heart... could he be a good fit for the raps?

ok, he'll suck on D, and doesn't blow anyone away with his rebounding... but he can be the team 1st scorer that mike james couldnt... from the sf position.

we would have to play a lot like phoenix, and by that i mean, score a lot, and apply a lot of pressure defensively... score or miss, toronto could run the ball and get easy buckets from any one of their players... and if they're forced to put operate in the halfcourt, they will have 3 stud offensive players ready to fill it up. morrison just wants to flat out win... and he just finished dominating the college level... scoring something like 33 ppg.

am i wrong to think he COULD go #1 to us? with only 12 days to go, i'm not sure what to believe anymore...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'm going through something similiar man. I agree with every point you made. I'm not sure what to think about it either. I think I'd be really happy if they picked him, but at the same time if they pick someone else and justified the pick I'd probably be just as happy. We'll see what happens tho i guess.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 AM   #3
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

I went from hating the idea to being at a point where I would accept it. Not my first choice, but the amount of interest this guy is getting from all the top teams makes me think he might be worth it.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Arrow niiice

good to hear im not alone.

this guy could be one of those 'special' players who always seem to get the job done. we would then just have to make sure we resign mopete for another three seasons, and pick up a point guard along the way.

with colangelo's eye for talent, we should easily be able to patch up the holes in our bench.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:02 AM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Beleive it or not, Morrison is actually my first choice. I just love his passion for the game, not to mention he's money. I can't picture him in a Raptors jersey though. I see it in my head and it just doesn't look right.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 AM   #6
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Thumbs up

just reading the "positives" about morrison from draftexpress is enough to make you drool.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 AM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

He really strikes me as a winner. Moreso then Alridge or Gay. Guy just has the will to win and will give 100% every game. He would be an instant fan favourite.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:59 AM   #8
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

What i wonder about with Morrison and i did get to watch a few Zags game here in Calgary isn't his scoring or shooting. I wonder how his rebounding, passing and defence are goin to be. I know he will give it his all but his he goin to be athletic enough to do the little things in the NBA.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:01 AM   #9
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

if the raps pick him, he will become effected by his diabeities and end his career in 2 seasons, (but not if anyone else picks him, thats just our luck)
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #10
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
What i wonder about with Morrison and i did get to watch a few Zags game here in Calgary isn't his scoring or shooting. I wonder how his rebounding, passing and defence are goin to be. I know he will give it his all but his he goin to be athletic enough to do the little things in the NBA.

i can't see passing being a problem. he was the go-to guy at gonzaga, didn't have any players on his level there, which is not the case in toronto. his rebounding will be average, maybe 2-3 a game... and his defence will suck...
Old 06-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

My mind changes everyday in whom I want us to pick. The only guys that I dont want are Tyrus Thomas and Bargnani. If we choose Aldridge or Morrison #1, i'll be happy. If we trade down and choose Roy, Gay or Williams, i'll be happy. I just don't know anymore but I have faith in BC making the right choice.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
The only guys that I dont want are Tyrus Thomas and Bargnani

i agree, although i'd rather have bargnani than thomas. luckily for the raps, we have a lot of holes to fill and all of these guys have immense talent.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I don't think there is any chance at all of us picking Thomas, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief. He's an athletic 4 and he's not versatile enough (like Bargnani) to play multiple positions. Colangelo will not take him.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

my vote goes for aldrige or bargani....just imagine bosh, CV and alridge/bargani on the fast break...we would be so athletic and still have size...
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #15
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I made a thread similar to this a few days ago; I would have no bitter feelings if Morrison is selected.

Although, I would rather a trade down to the 3 spot to bring Brevin Knight to Toronto, or simply take LA at number 1.

The biggest nay nay about Morrison, that I think can be credited to Orealius who said it first, is that Adam Morrison will not improve much. What new skills can he possibly attain? Players with good athleticism can improve their shot and develop their basketball IQ - Morrison excels at both already, but he cannot similarly improve his athleticism.

Edit: Sorry, I just read my post and fixed the errors

Last edited by Bourne : 06-15-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: