Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: LA Daily News Blog - A role for Morrison?

Discuss... do the Lakers have long term plans for Morrison or are they just grooming him for a trade?

Source: A role for Morrison?

Quote:

Adam Morrison didn't play much after the Lakers acquired him and Shannon Brown from the Charlotte Bobcats last Feb. 7. He didn't seem to have much of a shot at cracking the rotation when the season concluded. But then he went and played well for the Lakers' summer league team in July in Las Vegas. He said his surgically-repaired left knee was sound again and that his confidence was high again. Flash forward to training camp.

Today, Lakers coach Phil Jackson praised Morrison's play during training camp, calling him "the best shooter we've had." However, Jackson was uncertain about what role Morrison might play this season, the final year on his rookie contract. Said Morrison when relayed Jackson's comments: "I feel great. It's the best I've felt since my surgery. It's finally come around. I feel like my leg is under me a lot more, which helps."

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Coop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: LA Daily News Blog - A role for Morrison?

I think its a little bit of both right now. Currently he is behind Luke and Ron Ron on the chart. I think if he plays well and one of them get's hurt he grabs some more minutes.

I also believe that if he does play well he may be used later in the season as bait for whatever may be needed to make the final push.
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here

I, like every other Laker fan, would love to see this guy play like he did in the NCAA tourney. Dude played like a madman, such emotion and moxy. I didn't think he would live up to the hype, but still thought he would be a good NBA player. The problem with this guy, is he doesn't play any defense, terrible lateral quickness so he won't be able to play the guard position, and we have lots of options at the 3, so it would be hard to put him in there and expect good results. I think LA will let his 5 mil expire, and maybe resign him to a deal similar to they gave Luke afer his rookie deal (2 yrs around 3 mil), if he is smart, he will take it cause I don't see anyone shelling out more.

I do hope they can deal his ending contract for a veteran or a promising young player, but there isn't a market for this guy. So lets hope he has learned more about the triangle, and his Knee is as good as he says it is.

I am sure he might be "the best shooter we've had" but Sasha went through the same thing. Shoots 80% in practice, and 20% in actual games, so they even out to about 50% total. but we only care about game action son!!! Like young buck says, "STEP YO' GAME UP!!!" Make everyone remember that you were the peice we traded Vlade for, because right now it looks like you were the throw in, not Chris Brown.

Last edited by praneel : 10-07-2009 at 02:56 PM.
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think as well as Ammo gets or could possibly contribute, the lakers hands are a bit tied with handing out spare minutes.

Unfortunately, him and Farmar may be shipped off mid-season in a trade... or they may just serve as expiring contracts.

The only opportunity that Ammo may get, is if Sasha continues hurt or plays horrid, and then he may gain some time at the sg position... but even then there is Brown to battle with. When it comes to the SF position, Artest and Walton have it on lock.

There is always the awful prospect of an injury, and may serve as a backup for that situation.. but I dont really want to ponder on that type of situation..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Would be more than happy for him to take Sasha's minutes if he is still poor this year.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, we talked about this before. He does have a skill the Lakers have a need for and that is being a very good outside shooter. The Lakers don't have a ton of them, even though they shot well from outside tonight. Morrison could really open up things for them. Worst case scenario he at least gets shown off a bit as trade bait, but I think he can make a contribution this year.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: