Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Brook Lopez- red hot already?

after today's game, he's now played three preseason games so far in his new role as focal point of the offense and is already tearing it up--

- about 20 PPG
- 6 RPG (could be a little better)
- 60% FG% (roughly)
- 10 foul shots per game (is there anyone in the league better?)
- couple of assists
- just under two blocks

for the exact numbers, today's stats should be added sometime tonight:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brook_lopez/index.html

so what else to say...? sure it's preseason, but he's mainly playing against starters, not second-stringers. i guess it just feels good to be a nets fan with lopez tearing it up already, CDR and t-will busting out, the richest owner in sports about to take over the team... need we say more?

even our problem-child player seems to be getting back his pre-injury form. yi jianlian against the celtics, sunday, oct 11th:
8/15 FG's, 8 REB's, 2 steals, 20 points.

not bad, ey?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brook Lopez- red hot already?

Looks promising.
Im especially glad Yi had a good game.

(btw Dirk has 11 fta so far this preseason, wtf?)
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am looking forward to charting Brook's progress. He is establishing himself nicely on the post. I just wish The Nets had better shooters to provide spacing for him and the drives of Devin. As the season wears on I expect his efficiency to wane due to fatigue and a constricting of his work area. Yi will have to become confident from mid and long range to keep Brook from developing bad habits like rushing his moves as the season goes along.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

Against Boston (in newark), he had 17pts, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks. I think he can be an elite center at this pace. He's developing good chemistry too with Devin. CDR and Lee played well too that game.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I am looking forward to charting Brook's progress. He is establishing himself nicely on the post. I just wish The Nets had better shooters to provide spacing for him and the drives of Devin. As the season wears on I expect his efficiency to wane due to fatigue and a constricting of his work area. Yi will have to become confident from mid and long range to keep Brook from developing bad habits like rushing his moves as the season goes along.
good points... hadn't really thought of those. particularly since professional teams always try to take away your strength(s).

so it should be an arms race, as is usual among us human beings...
Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

There was one time lopez was posting up (against the knicks) and like 3 defenders converged on him and stole the ball! I forget which guards/forwards were playing, but didnt seem like the defense gave them that much respect.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

as smart as lopez is (stanford, sharp sense of humor), as little experience he has as a passer (from what i gather) and his very young age (21), isn't it appetizing to think how much better he might become as a low post fulcrum for the offense in the coming years?

if i was another GM i might think about making a play for robin lopez while he's injured and his stock is lowish... just on potential to be as productive as his identical twin one day.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

5 Star has an OK reputation so far

Frank needs to be aggressive and keep feeding him the rock. He is gonna be fun to watch and hopefully he will be a disruptive force all season.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
good points... hadn't really thought of those. particularly since professional teams always try to take away your strength(s).

so it should be an arms race, as is usual among us human beings...
I still harbor the Greg Monroe dream. I think he and Brook would be an ideal in the front court, and a he and Terrence Williams would be able to a great deal of the playmaking load off of Devin and allow him to concentrate more on scoring. Greg has the jumper needed to space the floor if Yi does not show increased proficiency and confidence in his jumper.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:06 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

when is monroe expected to come out?

next offseason should theoretically be our highest pick in years. if we perform as 99% of experts predict then we should finish as one of the 2-3 worst records in the league. so that should be our one big opportunity to draft high, even if we don't finish quite as badly as the experts project.

...which actually scares me a little due to the everpresent chance that a high pick will bust no matter how brilliant the GM and (shared) scouting are. i'd almost rather keep getting these medium-high picks which thorn duly turns into lopez, t. williams, etc. weird, huh?

anyway, our picks after that will not be as good. nor will our dallas pick. our golden state pick, i forget what the deal is now that it's been restructured.

so next year seems like our only shot at monroe if i understand everything correctly.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 AM   #11
Dasher

Monroe is expected to come out next year, and he is currently slotted in the 10 range for some reason. There is a chance that he will return to Georgetown for his senior season though. He seems to really enjoy college life, and playing for JTIII. I don't expect him to stay there, or The Nets to have the worst record in the league. 35-38 wins should be the total, with the team flirting with a playoff spot for 4/5ths of the season. I can see Greg at about 6-8 spots because of the hype players like John Wall, Derrick Favors, Ed Davis(I don't get this), and Evan Turner have. A sleeper could be Al Farooq Aminu. The Nets fam was high on him last year, and he is also expected to come out.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 AM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

hmm... 35-38 wins might be good enough to draft 10th, but it could easily miss as well. last two years we finished with 34 wins and picked 10th and 11th.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: