Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation
Default Two Preseason Games Left

With two games left to go until the regular season starts. What would you like to see from the Mavs? Also any thoughts on the team from what you've seen so far this preseason?

We might actually get to see the whole team tomorrow night against the Cavs. It's been said a couple of times that this will be the closest thing to a dress rehearsal before the season begins.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

Despite Damp being held out tonight, I expect to see the mavs going full steam ahead for at least half of the game. This will be the dress rehersal because we wont want to give anything away in our last preseason game to SA since they are our opener.

We also have to consider that a decision needs to be made concerning barea and Ebi. So I would hope they would still get a decent amount of playing time tonight. The more ive thought about it I think we'll sign barea and send him to the DL. Long story short, we are deep, we don't need the spot for trade flexibility. Ebi cant go to the NBDL, so that means barea. Although I'd rather see a S&T KVH.

kthxbye

Last edited by soog : 10-25-2006 at 09:22 AM.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Neither Barea or Ebi are going to have high dollar guaranteed contracts. So it's not out of the question whichever one makes it could still be waived later to add someone. I mean, they were willing to cut Christie last year. And were able to get Griffin with that opening.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
soog
I brick open layups

Didn't Christie retire? Aren't NBA contracts guaranteed except for the buy out clause we excercised on finley?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

If he did retire, it was after the Mavs waived him. Barea's contract is partially guaranteed. Two year deal worth 1.1 mil. And the main point I was trying to make was that they are such low deals, they wouldn't be eating much money to cut them if they choose.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
soog
I brick open layups

Oh yeah I agree, it is a very good point... just dont know the details around waiving a player under contract.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:16 PM   #7
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
With two games left to go until the regular season starts. What would you like to see from the Mavs? Also any thoughts on the team from what you've seen so far this preseason?

We might actually get to see the whole team tomorrow night against the Cavs. It's been said a couple of times that this will be the closest thing to a dress rehearsal before the season begins.

1. No injuries.

2. I wanna see Barea and Ebi start against the Spurs and hopefully both get 40+ minutes. I'm still torn on which one should make it, but I'm pretty sure the Mavs are leaning toward Barea.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #8
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

The team is still struggling to make 3 pointers.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #9
soog
I brick open layups

can't say im too worried about preseason 3pt struggles...

Terry, Dirk, and JHo all shot over 40% from behind the arc last year
Then we also added Buck at 35%, Croshere at 39%, AJ at 33%, and George at 32% (all last year's avgs).
Then there is ager who's shooting at 39% in the preseason.

The only real 3 point shooter we lost from last year is KVH, and he was replaced by croshere who has a better avg from behind the arc. With the addtions of buckner, aj, george, and ager, i dont think we really need to worry too much.

And i am assuming this stems from the media's fixation on the mavs "outside shooting problems." it's funny how a dry run in the finals can make everyone forget that as a team we ranked 4th in the nba last year in 3pt shooting percentage (38%) and were tied for 1st in 3pt defense (33%).
Old 10-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #10
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

lebron with 5-14 for 13 points. Not bad for our defense.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
MFFL
I airball my layups

MFFL has an OK reputation so far

Christie didn't retire I don't believe. He got injured but isn't with a team. I heard him state in an interview to promote his new show with his wife that he is looking forward to getting back on the court. So I assume he isn't retired.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Ebi was waived. So it looks like Barea will be the last guy. I would expect to see him get a lot of time tomorrow night against the Spurs. You know the starters aren't going to play to much. And they aren't going to show the Spurs much.

I'll be curious to see if the starting lineup for tomorrow night will be the same next Thursday for the opener. Good health prevailing of course.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: