Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Fantasy Basketball News, Notes, and Tidbits *Statman32 style*

Quote:
An MRI on Thursday revealed that Antawn Jamison's right shoulder injury will force him to miss the next three to five weeks.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz...wizardsinsider

First major injury this season to a star player. Will miss appx 10-15 games but it also could prove to be a nagging injury. Wizards are being conservative with this injury which is bad news short term for his FB owners but great long-term.

*Must have pick-up for owners*

Andray Blatche PF/C, Washington Wizards-

Coach Flip Saunders is still deciding on who will start between Oberto and Blatche but Blatche will get enough minutes either way for him to be a productive fantasy player until Jamison gets back. Oberto has no real value in leagues with 14 teams or less.

Blatche as starter last year:

11.8 pts/6.3 reb/2.1 ast/47.4 fg%/71.6ft%/1.7 to/0.8 stl/1.1 blk in 28.3 mpg

Blatche as starter 2 seasons ago:

11.5 pts/8.1 reb/1.5 ast/47fg%/68.2 ft%/1.9 to/1.2 stl/1.9 blk in 31 mpg

Look for his production to be closer to 2 years ago then last year.

Brendan Haywoods value should also go up as he will benefit from a few more touches.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball News, Notes, and Tidbits *Statman32 style*

*Stock up*

D.J. Augustin, PG/SG, Charlotte Bobcats -

With Raja Bells recent wrist injury, Augustins value jumps up from borderline late round draft pick to must have fantasy starter. This second-year guard proved last year that he could be a very good fantasy contributer when given the minutes and while he will hurt you in fg% will contribute great ft%/points/threes/steals and decent assists/steals.

Augustin as starter last year: (12 games)

17.8 pts/2.4 reb/5.6 ast/46.7 fg%/87.2 ft%/2.6 threes/1.1 stl/2.1 to in 38.5 mpg

While I dont think he will be that good, look for something like 16/5/2 with 2 threes/44fg%/87ft%/2.1 to/1.1 steals until Bell returns which is a unknown right now. Beware of inconsistency as 1 day he might put up 26 pts but the next night 10 pts.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Throw Hibbert's stat line at me.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I picked Haywood up in the 15th (last) round. Even with Jamison there, Haywood is good for around 10/10/2 certain nights... that's if he can stay healthy.

Another sleeper to look out for is Yi Jianlin. He's starting for a bad Nets team, and if he can take another step forward in his career he could be puting up some decent stat lines.

Other guys that a lot people don't have, but will produce:

Morrow is starting in GS... for now. He will get you 3's in abundance.

Flynn is killing it in Minny in the preseason. Points, Steals, Assists, Rebounds... he's getting it all.

Hinrich is gong to get more PT now that BG is gone. He will get a little of everything... including a couple steals per game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Brandon Rush is a 1/1/1 player with Dunleavy out of the lineup. STUD
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
tian820
College star

Be happy if Rush gets you the steals and threes lol. The blocks are a long shot. Could see Rush doing like his former teammate Chalmers though and put up 1.5 steals and threes. Nice value if he hits those numbers
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I picked Haywood up in the 15th (last) round. Even with Jamison there, Haywood is good for around 10/10/2 certain nights... that's if he can stay healthy.

Another sleeper to look out for is Yi Jianlin. He's starting for a bad Nets team, and if he can take another step forward in his career he could be puting up some decent stat lines.

Other guys that a lot people don't have, but will produce:

Flynn is killing it in Minny in the preseason. Points, Steals, Assists, Rebounds... he's getting it all.

Hinrich is gong to get more PT now that BG is gone. He will get a little of everything... including a couple steals per game.

Flynn is racking up points, steals, and above-average rebounds for a PG, but his assist totals haven't been anything to brag about yet.

However, what he lacks in the assist department, he MORE than makes up for with his ability to get to the line, and his ability to consistently make free throws.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Be happy if Rush gets you the steals and threes lol. The blocks are a long shot. Could see Rush doing like his former teammate Chalmers though and put up 1.5 steals and threes. Nice value if he hits those numbers
He averaged half a block in his rookie season only playing 24 minutes a game...I think he could flirt with .9 or 1.0 stuff...
Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
He averaged half a block in his rookie season only playing 24 minutes a game...I think he could flirt with .9 or 1.0 stuff...

As he gets more comfortable in his role, and fully adjusts to the speed of the pro game, I don't see it being an out of line prediction.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
As he gets more comfortable in his role, and fully adjusts to the speed of the pro game, I don't see it being an out of line prediction.
Ha I really know very little about fantasy Bball...especially compared to tian and statman - I'm just regurgitating what I heard on a forum, lol
Old 10-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

10/10/2 would be the max Haywood would be. I think a lot of people are overreacting to his performance last year and underestimating the ability of McGee who is better now than Etan Thomas ever was. I still do like Haywood but I see him more as a 10/8/1.8 blocks guy in 65 games then a 10/10/2 blks guy all season long.

Quote:

IMO Yi is still another year away from producing stats of a guy like Bargnani. While he should get more touches this year, he still is very raw and is a real fg% killer. Injuries have also hurt him the last two years.

Quote:

Morrow is not starting and if he does for the first couple of games, you never know if he will stay there. Still he is a must have pick-up and should contribute plenty of points and threes on good %. Will be a little frustrating to own because of Nellies changing line-ups but is a guy that has a lot of potential and could blow up and be a great fantasy player if Sjax is ever traded or injured.

Quote:

I do like Flynn but when Al Jeff and Love get healthy look for his scoring stats to go down a bit. I see something like 14/2/5 with good ft%/threes/steals. Might be a killer on turnovers with not many other creators on that team and fg% could be draining too.

Quote:

He will get more PT but his upside is kinda limited. Will be a good source of threes/steals/assists but I dont think he will ever be the player he was in his 2nd-4th seasons because Rose loves to have the ball in his hands. Still he is a must-owned player especially with Rose being injured.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #12
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Correct. Although he will score more and be less of a drag on fg% (nowhere near as many assists) then Chalmers.

Still a very nice high reward/low risk guy in the late rounds of a draft. Start looking at him around round 9-10.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Throw Hibbert's stat line at me.
The blocks are real and he can score but the pre-season stats are misleading. He will get into foul trouble and Foster will take some minutes from him. I expect something like 11/6/1.6 blks from him this year.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
bisk

What do people think that Nene will average in points this upcoming season..?
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
tian820
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
What do people think that Nene will average in points this upcoming season..?

14-15 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 1.3 blocks on 55% FG and 75% FT. Low turnovers too. He's a great fantasy player, but health issues are always a concern
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: