Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Week 8 NFL point spreads...

11/1 1:00 ET At Baltimore -3.5 Denver
11/1 1:00 ET At Chicago -13.5 Cleveland
11/1 1:00 ET Houston -3.5 At Buffalo
11/1 4:15 ET At Green Bay -3 Minnesota
11/1 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -12.5 San Francisco
11/1 1:00 ET At NY Jets -3 Miami
11/1 1:00 ET At Detroit -4 St. Louis
11/1 1:00 ET At Dallas -9.5 Seattle
11/1 4:05 ET At San Diego -16.5 Oakland
11/1 4:05 ET At Tennessee -3 Jacksonville
11/1 4:15 ET At Arizona -9.5 Carolina
11/1 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -2 NY Giants

Monday Night Football Point Spread

11/2 8:35 ET At New Orleans -10 Atlanta

whatchu guys think?

yeah Glove, we know you're the master...just save it and focus on continueing to be head and shoulders above everyone else again this week...

Indy to rape San Fran???...it isn't like Vernon Davis is gonna have 3 TDs every week....
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Week 8 NFL point spreads...

I am going with your list, but I have a feeling that Packers will win over Vikings.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Houston is the one.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Wizardly Cool

Philly favored 2 points over NY?

That doesn't make sense.

Double Play

At Green Bay -3 Minnesota
At Philadelphia -2 NY Giants
At NY Jets -3 Miami

Single Play

At Baltimore -3.5 Denver
At Chicago -13.5 Cleveland
Houston -3.5 At Buffalo
At Indianapolis -12.5 San Francisco
At Detroit -4 St. Louis
At Dallas -9.5 Seattle
At San Diego -16.5 Oakland
At Tennessee -3 Jacksonville
At Arizona -9.5 Carolina
Old 10-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know much about odds, or how to read them for that matter, but are you saying that the Vikings are a 3-point underdog against the Packers????
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I don't know much about odds, or how to read them for that matter, but are you saying that the Vikings are a 3-point underdog against the Packers????
yes...
Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Philly favored 2 points over NY?

That doesn't make sense.

Double Play

At Green Bay -3 Minnesota
At Philadelphia -2 NY Giants
At NY Jets -3 Miami

Single Play

At Baltimore -3.5 Denver
At Chicago -13.5 Cleveland
Houston -3.5 At Buffalo
At Indianapolis -12.5 San Francisco
At Detroit -4 St. Louis
At Dallas -9.5 Seattle
At San Diego -16.5 Oakland
At Tennessee -3 Jacksonville
At Arizona -9.5 Carolina
is that Norm's picks or yours?

I am gonna stick with the insurance thing when it comes to Dallas...
Old 10-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Someone explain to me the .0 and .5 plz
I basically know it's a handicap, and that a team with -3.5 has to win with at least 4 pts.
But what's up with the .0?
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
yes...

I don't understand these odds. How can a 4-2 Packer team that is 1-2 against quality teams (Bengals, Vikes, Bears), be favorites against the 6-1 Vikes that is 2-1 against quality teams (49ers, Ravens, Steelers)

They've beaten the same bad teams (Rams, Browns, Lions), and the Vikings have beaten the Packers this season.

I know its in Green Bay, but does homefield really make that much difference??? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
11/1 1:00 ET At Baltimore -3.5 Denver
11/1 1:00 ET At Chicago -13.5 Cleveland
11/1 1:00 ET Houston -3.5 At Buffalo
11/1 4:15 ET At Green Bay -3 Minnesota
11/1 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -12.5 San Francisco
11/1 1:00 ET At NY Jets -3 Miami
11/1 1:00 ET At Detroit -4 St. Louis
11/1 1:00 ET At Dallas -9.5 Seattle
11/1 4:05 ET At San Diego -16.5 Oakland
11/1 4:05 ET At Tennessee -3 Jacksonville
11/1 4:15 ET At Arizona -9.5 Carolina
11/1 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -2 NY Giants

Monday Night Football Point Spread

11/2 8:35 ET At New Orleans -10 Atlanta

AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
notlebowski
Can barely lace up my sneakers

notlebowski has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I don't understand these odds. How can a 4-2 Packer team that is 1-2 against quality teams (Bengals, Vikes, Bears), be favorites against the 6-1 Vikes that is 2-1 against quality teams (49ers, Ravens, Steelers)

They've beaten the same bad teams (Rams, Browns, Lions), and the Vikings have beaten the Packers this season.

I know its in Green Bay, but does homefield really make that much difference??? Just doesn't make sense to me.

If all things are equal, home teams gives 3.
notlebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
is that Norm's picks or yours?

I am gonna stick with the insurance thing when it comes to Dallas...

Those are mine...

I think Norm mkes his picks on Friday's

(yea... The Dallas insurance bet looks pretty good here, but I think we will destroy them... It could be close though if Dallas decides to stick to the running game. Our secondary could struggle against TJ & Hasselback, but I don't see Seattle getting much of a Running zgame going against us.

If Seattle can manage to get 2 turnovers... I think they can easily cover the spread.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlebowski
If all things are equal, home teams gives 3.

Okay, so since the Packers are a 3-point favorite, does that really mean that oddsmakers see the Pack and Vikes as equals at this point in the season?? Even if the Vikings beat them earlier in the season?

I'm not trying to rebut what you're saying, I'm just trying to understand.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
Someone explain to me the .0 and .5 plz
I basically know it's a handicap, and that a team with -3.5 has to win with at least 4 pts.
But what's up with the .0?
a .0 would just be nothing...but I don't see any .0s there...

I would just take that as "nothing"...

3.0 = 3 points
3.5 = 3 and 1/2 points
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Those are mine...

I think Norm mkes his picks on Friday's

(yea... The Dallas insurance bet looks pretty good here, but I think we will destroy them... It could be close though if Dallas decides to stick to the running game. Our secondary could struggle against TJ & Hasselback, but I don't see Seattle getting much of a Running zgame going against us.

If Seattle can manage to get 2 turnovers... I think they can easily cover the spread.
that isn't a good sign...

we need you to be the normal extremely pesemistic and negative fan that you normally are...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: