Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Default Tonight vs Chicago

Looks like another decent performance from the Wolves tonight if u ignore another 22 turnovers. That may fly in the preseason with opposing teams not playing their starters for very long but that could get the Wolves in a whole lot of trouble once the regular season starts. We shot 39-45 (87%) from the FT line compared to 18-26 (69%) for Chicago. Foye had 14 pts with 8 of those coming from the line. KG, Griffin, & Blount all had 3 blocks a piece. Griffin (12) & Blount (9) also helped the Wolves outrebound the Bulls 45-38. And because of the turnovers, the Bulls had 15 more FG attempts (88-73) than the Wolves. If we're gonna surprise some people in the West this season, the turnovers are gonna have to be cut down. I believe we've got 1 more preseason game before the regular season starts and then the games will count. And one more positive note, Mike James chipped in 9 assists tonight while struggling with his shot. If he can average around 18 pts/7 assists this year, i'll be happy.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Foye might take over sooner than you think if James puts up perforance like 0/5. Hopefull James is just jerking off in the preseason and is saving his real ball playing for the season. I think Davis will be the star this year. He is showing so much improvement. I think this is going to be PRIME Davis this year so look for him to make noise in the season. I think Davis is the guy that will carry this team to playoffs along with Garnett being the vocal point still of course. BUT DAVIS IS BEING A PIMP IN PRESEASON. I agree with the turnovers, if we can cut those down...we can compete with anybody in the league.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-26-2006 at 12:15 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: