Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Default 2K Calls Out EA on NBA Live 10 Patch

Quote:
In a post on their official forums (which has since been deleted) 2K Sports community manager Ronnie Singh responded to the wide-spread sentiment that the recently released NBA Live 10 patch took into account community feedback. The patch for NBA 2K10 wonít be arriving for some time still and the positive response to the Live patch along with it being out in time for the start of the NBA season prompted the following response:

To say that the Live patch was based on community feedback is outrageous. There is no way they could get days/weeks of feedback, build a patch to fix all their issues, have passed cert, etc. without a very simple thing: they were building the patch before release. I shouldnít even have to make you clear about this. You guys saw our efforts to get actual feedback as we put up countless threads about it. Thatís real effort.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/10/27...patch#comments

Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Default Re: 2K Calls Out EA on NBA Live 10 Patch

Anybody who knows a thing or two about software development knows he's saying the truth.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

considering they are playing live they deserve to be lied to.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Soulful
1984 Blazer's 2nd pick

I don't know in 2 years time which game i would choose to play but this year after playing both games, I would still play 2K over live with or without their patch
Soulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
Toizumi
veteran savvy

So? Neither EA or 2K got all the bugs out of their games before the release dates. At least this shows that EA recognized it and was already working to get the flaws out of the game I'm still waiting on 2k to come out with a patch. That said.. 2K > Live this year.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Anybody who knows a thing or two about software development knows he's saying the truth.

This.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
lukekarts
Local High School Star

This is the problem with annually released games, they're always buggy because there simply isn't time in a year to make a game and test it effectively.

I'd love to see the end product if one of these teams took the brave decision to extend the development cycle to 18 months or 2 years, or even decided that next years release will be a DLC add-on, with a full sequel the following year.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

Just shows that 2k is turning into a joke. (don't call me a fan boy for this, i've been playing 2k since 2k2) They released an unfinished games with tons of glitches that pop up the minute you turn on the game. I don't think you need community feedback to tell you that the 2k cam lags and jitters, or that myplayer mode is a mess.

I got the game early and stopped playing it after about an hour because there were that many problems with it. I just don't see why the developers couldn't get that fixed before the fans started *****ing about it. It's like they were hoping that some things would go unnoticed and that they could get away without fixing them.

The game has been out for almost a month and i don't even want to touch it till the patch comes out, which won't be for another 2 weeks.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Well, the developers aren't the ones to choose the release date.
Almost every software developing company releases its products with bugs.
During the packaging and release phase the developer team works on these bugs so as soon as the product starts being used there's a patch available.

Of course, not every bug can be solved in that period, and then it's just a matter of releasing one big patch or several smaller ones.
Again, this decision may not be taking by developers but by the marketing department: what "looks better"? one patch that solves more bugs but takes its time or patch after patch from the start?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #10
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

LMAO, Ronnie exposed EA sports. I'm bored with 2k already, but at least they listened to the fans to fix some issues in the game. Live just sucks big time again, glad I didn't rent or buy it.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
LMAO, Ronnie exposed EA sports. I'm bored with 2k already, but at least they listened to the fans to fix some issues in the game. Live just sucks big time again, glad I didn't rent or buy it.
So how do you know it sucks?
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
lukekarts
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?

You got him there.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #13
josh99
Local High School Star

Quote:
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #14
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:

People on twitter and 2k10 writing that they returned Live and bought 2k10 and are so much happier. I played the demo, it was garbage. Shiny plastic models and cheesy animations.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #15
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

Partly, but I think he's being deceptive as well by pretending 2k wasn't working on their patch before release. I'm guessing there is a code drop at least a 2-3 weeks if not a month before the release date to account for the massive distribution effort. After that point, any development that takes place is essentially patchwork. If 2k10 wants to pretend they weren't working on this "patch" before their release they can, but I'd say they're full of ****. The game is not only buggy, parts seem flat out incomplete. Whenever I've been involved in the release of an imcomplete product, we usually continue working to complete it and implement it later. Also, most of their bugs are so in your face that some basic testing would have caught them. It should have been obvious for them what feedback was going to turn up just like it probably was for Live.

2k is probably just putzing around with their patch, just like they putzed around in putting together their game.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: