Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Who the hell is Nathan Jawai?

Is he any good? It looks like he hasn't played in the NBA at all, hardly. I saw he was in some Australian league with good stats of 20 and 10. He is a big man at least. I don't know if he knows how to play D, but I hope so. He is suppose to play on Friday.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who the hell is Nathan Jawai?

I used to watch him in our Australian league a couple of years ago so everything im saying is based on his game from back then as I haven't seen him play in the NBA yet.
He is strong and athletic which is a combination that we rarely see down here in our league therefore he would average about 5 dunks and some big blocks per game. He is a decent rebounder but he was not at all a good post defender, he would constantly get abused in the post by veteran or skilled big men. With this being said he still came out on top in almost every matchup and from what ive heard has developed his post game a fair bit since then. I think he will develop into a solid rotation player as he plays his role very well and is a good team player.
B-Easy8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Nathan Jawai is just a Big Body for us, nothing more and nothing less. Will be lucky to get 5 minutes a game
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

all i know is he's fat as ****.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

stop hating on my home boy.

He played 3 mins today, did a few good, few bad things. Off a missed twolve ft he hustled and tipped it to sasha for a 2 pointer. Posted up big z and drew a shooting foul and knocked both in. He got like 2 rebounds, but then decided to try a fadeaway over shaq that was blocked, but knocked down a mid range jumper after the block on the same possesion.

He can create his own shot down in the low post and has some decent moves, once he loses a bit of his fat hell increase his quickness which will help. He has a pretty huge winspan, so at 6'10 he can board decently and throw them down. Hoping he gets some minutes over pecherov/shaq/hollins while love is out.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #6
MagicMoose
I hit open layups

MagicMoose has an OK reputation so far

Jawai played awesome today. I watched him often when he played down here in Australia and he was fairly dominant. I've wanted him to get minutes soooo badly (just because he is aussie) and today he finally got the minutes and look what happened. Now I didn't watch the game but he was the Wolves highest scorer on 7-11 shooting and grabbed 6 boards. Hopefully he an keep putting up those numbers.
MagicMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
all i know is he's fat as ****.

this

hes big,fat,ugly
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
spillo88
Can barely lace up my sneakers

spillo88 has an OK reputation so far

once he lose's some weight he will be a good pick up for the twolves
spillo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #9
killakaronic
I airball my layups

killakaronic has an OK reputation so far

He can thank Kevin Love for getting the playing time he has. Without that injury Jawai is likely headed back to the D-league. Although, with his size & height he has a good chance of sticking in the NBA for a few years, providing he doesn't eat his way out of it.
killakaronic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: