Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-31-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Trevor Ariza should be the front runner for MIP.

Since we all love jumping into conclusions, I think I will too. Trevor Ariza has been the most improved player now, see his last 2 games for his pure dominance. He wasn't looking too good in the pre-season, I was actually a bit worried. Even I didn't think Ariza was going to be this dominant for the last 2 games, I think he would do a bit better, but not near all-star level.

Ariza will lead the Rockets to the playoffs without Tracy and Yao, and he'll surpass LeBron James very soon for the best player in the NBA, Ok just kidding there about being better than LeBron. But playoffs should be realistic.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trevor Ariza should be the front runner for MIP.

Arenas, and the playoffs are unrealistic
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWizard
Arenas, and the playoffs are unrealistic
Um. What? How can Arenas win the MIP? When at one point he was arguably a Top 10 player in the NBA? It isn't a comeback of the year award, It's the most improved player award, which is much different. If there was a comeback player of the year, Arenas would easily win it and Wade would have gotten it last season. It's about most improved and Ariza has improved the most.....at least so far.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

if he keeps it up sure
and i know some Laker fans will wish we didn't give him up
but it doesn't upset me because I know that he
wouldn't be able to get the opportunities he is getting with Houston
if he was still with the Lakers
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love Ariza and I hope this continues, but NBA players and coaches have yet to look at Ariza the same way they look at every other "star" in the NBA. I don't think he'll be putting up these types of numbers once NBA defenses focus on trying to slow him down. But hey, I hope he proves me wrong. One of my favorite players not on the Lakers.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Gallinari should be on that list too.

Arenas come back player of the year.

Gallinari and Ariza battle it out for MIP?

Id say Gallo has an edge cuz he played less games and was hurt and only avged 6 points last season.

Last edited by Bano114 : 10-31-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

vince will win it by growing a heart
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #8
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
vince will win it by growing a heart
Maybe comeback player of the year. But Vince can only be a Top 15 player at best, if he truly does return to his old-form, which I doubt anyways. He's always been inferior to Paul Pierce in my opinion anyways, still is and be a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I love Ariza and I hope this continues, but NBA players and coaches have yet to look at Ariza the same way they look at every other "star" in the NBA. I don't think he'll be putting up these types of numbers once NBA defenses focus on trying to slow him down. But hey, I hope he proves me wrong. One of my favorite players not on the Lakers.
Probably not...He's not the type of player that beats defenses off of his dribble. He's really more of a slasher and cutter guy, like Mickeal Pietrus. Only difference is Ariza is consistent as hell while Pietrus makes Lamar Odom look like Tim Duncan out there. He'll be more effective if he gets to play with a star player, like the one in Houston who's out for the season, Yao Ming. Tracy is done, so there's no point in talking about him.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Houston rockets whole team is pretty much up for MIP, any of the guys who consistantly step up will be in the running, but yes bias favours in, so the guy with the most press will get it- Ariza in this case.

But yeah, Brooks and Scola also are in the running- heck even Carl Landry will put up far better numbers.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
Since we all love jumping into conclusions, I think I will too. Trevor Ariza has been the most improved player now, see his last 2 games for his pure dominance. He wasn't looking too good in the pre-season, I was actually a bit worried. Even I didn't think Ariza was going to be this dominant for the last 2 games, I think he would do a bit better, but not near all-star level.

Ariza will lead the Rockets to the playoffs without Tracy and Yao, and he'll surpass LeBron James very soon for the best player in the NBA, Ok just kidding there about being better than LeBron. But playoffs should be realistic.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Speights from the 76ers. He's got it on lock in my opinion. If only they give him the start.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Gallinari should be on that list too.
Let's wait a bit on that one to see if he can keep his current pace up. I suspect that when defenses start to key in on him that his stats will nosedive.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andray Blatche's also doing well so far.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #14
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

Yeah he had a crazy game yesterday.

30 points or something...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #15
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

Wow, just checked up on his game. 15-18, scoring all 30pts from the field. Very impressive.

His game reminds me a bit of Cliff Robinson in his prime.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: