Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Default Whats up with Jordan Hill?

Is he hurt or something? There is no reason a lottery pick can't get more than 2 minutes in the first 4 games of the season, especially on a team that knows that they have no real chance to win the title this year.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: Whats up with Jordan Hill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Is he hurt or something? There is no reason a lottery pick can't get more than 2 minutes in the first 4 games of the season, especially on a team that knows that they have no real chance to win the title this year.

Well the Knicks still think they can make the play offs. If you watched the pre season youd know why Jordan Hill isnt a big part of those plans.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
el gringos
Decent college freshman

All this whole plan, collecting expirers, building capspace and then bringing in fa's- all wasted by terrible drafting- brook lopez and brandon jennings right now and the entire future of the franchise looks different
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

I dont know about this pick, but who am i kidding, I also thought picking Gallinari was a huge mistake. He is somehow proving me wrong tho.
I think Brandon Jennings would have been a nice addition with the lack of free agents in next years class. But I did not expect him to be playing like he does, I do not blame the front office for making this decision.
But imagine if we had picked Jennings and taken Blair with our late first round pick.

Jennings
Chandler
Gallinari
Blair
Lee

bench:
Al Harrington
Nate Robinson
Larry Hughes
Chris Duhon
Darko Milicic
Jared Jeffries

I think this would be a much better line up, but again, I didnt expect either Blair or Jennings to play at a high level.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

Jennings has attitude problems and we don't need another one of those guys running around. Blair is a half court player and only God knows how long he'll be able to play. That's a wasted pick if you have to give him a guaranteed contract.

Hill doesn't get minutes because there are several forwards we have that are better than him. Lee, Chandler, Harrington, Millicic, Gallinari as of right now. Then there are guys that we need to showcase (Jeffries and Curry) that will get minutes at the 4 and 5 positions. Hill is also extremely raw if you watched him in the preseason. He needs to get stronger before he can get any significant minutes.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
itz reggie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I'm disappointed that we skipped on a future allstar Brandon Jennings. He is probably the best player in that draft. Jordan Hill is unimpressive he had a mediocre summer league followed by a TERRIBLE preseason. He has bust written all over him. We could be having a squad with Jennings and Gordon right now , im getting tired of this team smh.
itz reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
itz reggie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BTW ..Blair is better than Jordan Hill what a shame.
itz reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

yea i was wondering the same exact thing. I was watching the game and didnt even see hill on the bench. Im curious to see what he can do. If they dont play him , then it was a wasted pick.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
yea i was wondering the same exact thing. I was watching the game and didnt even see hill on the bench. Im curious to see what he can do. If they dont play him , then it was a wasted pick.

How many years did Jermaine O'Neal sit on the bench before going on to become one of the best big men in the game? Not ready does not equal Bust.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

yea but Jermaine O'Neal had obvious talent and wasnt on nearly as bad a team as the Knicks.Dont get hyped over that Hornets win.this is an all time bad Knicks team.the Hornets are just overrated n injured.as for Hill, I never thought he was all that good to begin with but I never got on the Knicks for taking him.I saw it as us taknig him by default.The Timberwolves F'd up the draft and we had to take him or Jennings basically.As good as Jennings has looked,it was a high risk high reward pick to take him and we went on the side of caution.Can't blame a team for that when you pick last year was Gallinari (even though some people wanna hoist him into the HOF already).
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

With the way Jennings has started the season, Hill could end up being the biggest Knicks draft **** up since Weiss-Artest
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #12
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
yea but Jermaine O'Neal had obvious talent and wasnt on nearly as bad a team as the Knicks.Dont get hyped over that Hornets win.this is an all time bad Knicks team.the Hornets are just overrated n injured.as for Hill, I never thought he was all that good to begin with but I never got on the Knicks for taking him.I saw it as us taknig him by default.The Timberwolves F'd up the draft and we had to take him or Jennings basically.As good as Jennings has looked,it was a high risk high reward pick to take him and we went on the side of caution.Can't blame a team for that when you pick last year was Gallinari (even though some people wanna hoist him into the HOF already).

I'm not comparing him to O'Neal. I'm just saying that people are acting like he's a bust because he isn't ready to play yet. When he gets some minutes and look like shit, then we can call him a wasted pick. Until then he's just not ready.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Jordan Hill doesnt play because he doesnt know how to play basketball in Dumbtoni's system bottom line.

I too was ok with Jordan Hill being picked ahead of Jennings but hindsight 20/20. Similar in football you dont take picks based on needs you take the best available player. Jordan Hill was the Knicks highest rated player at that spot. I really do believe the Knicks braintrust thought they could acquire a 1 year veteran or young player to play PG. Again Hindsight 20/20 it didnt work.

We cant say Blair is better than Jordan Hill because he plays on a different team in a different system with different expectations. Jordan Hill may have been just as productive as Blair in SA but Blair on the Knicks would probably getting splinters too.

Jermaine O'Neal was on a deep team. So he didnt play.

Look how long its taken Larry Hughes to start to grasp Dumbtoni's system. Now he is doing ok.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Jordan Hill is raw, plain and simple.

But he was the best prospect available at the time, whether you looked and draft sites or listened to the experts.

That doesn't mean best player though.

But he is very raw.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #15
Knicks101
Black Cesaro

He looked decent in the few minutes that he got. If D'Antoni was trying to showcase him to LeBron a little bit, Hill didn't do a bad job.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: