Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 11-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default What A Worthless Team

Maybe its just the first 4 games, but this is really the most worthless Grizzlies team I have ever seen.

They are playing exactly like I thought they would on offense with OJ, Rudy, and ZBO only looking to score the ball and taking bad shots in the process while playing almost no defense.

Why is DeMarre Carroll even receiving 20+ MPG? He flat out sucks on offense, but hes been given an opportunity to take shots.

Hasheem Thabeet is horrible, Me & Kebab agree 100% on that and have agreed on it for awhile.

Marc Gasol is having a great season so far, and I once again see no reason for us drafting Thabeet.

I was wrong about 30 wins this season, another 20-25 win season is on the horizon as we score a lot of points but give up even more.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What A Worthless Team

The Thabeet pick look like a real bust. We couldn't be worse off with picking Rubio. At least we won't be baying him.

Let's see, who's gonna drop their season high against the grizz next? Hamilton, Bosh, Melo, K-Mart.. who's next?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
The Thabeet pick look like a real bust. We couldn't be worse off with picking Rubio. At least we won't be baying him.

Let's see, who's gonna drop their season high against the grizz next? Hamilton, Bosh, Melo, K-Mart.. who's next?

Anyone can.

This is the worst Grizzlies team I've ever seen, and thats sad to say because we have talented players. Probably 4 of the Top 50 players in the NBA.

None of them play defense, Rudy has absolutely no heart, ZBO plays no defense, Iverson has no more opportunities elsewhere, and OJ loses focus when we aren't winning.

I wish we had traded Rudy to Phoenix for Amare, and drafted James Harden at #2.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

thabeet = science experiment i love gasol s game if zbo can put some effort on defense he will be fine same for oj conley looks a lot better this year and i like rudy but he wants mj money but hes a pippen type player.iverson is not the right veteran for this team i still think he will never want to come off the bench or be happy being a point guard.hollins has to get these guys not caring about stats but about winning.If iverson starts to complain cut the loses and send him home.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
BALLin01
Local High School Star

BALLin01 has decent reputationBALLin01 has decent reputation

Well it hasn't looked good so far. Hopefully Iverson can learn to accept the bench role and get more minutes. The Starting line up looks good, but our bench is just atrocious.
BALLin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Did anybody get to see last night's game?

As usual we come out guns ablazing in the 1st quarter only to fall flat in the next 3. Iverson should take over as starting PG next game.

Among all of them, he was the only one who showed that he is willing to pass the ball
Old 11-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
derf
I airball my layups

derf has an OK reputation so far

offense not the problem we are terrible on defense
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I wish we had traded Rudy to Phoenix for Amare, and drafted James Harden at #2.

Send Gay to NJ, well glady take em over there cause he have no scoring.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Did anybody get to see last night's game?

As usual we come out guns ablazing in the 1st quarter only to fall flat in the next 3. Iverson should take over as starting PG next game.

Among all of them, he was the only one who showed that he is willing to pass the ball
Its so pathetic watching these games.

We literally play no defense. We could beat a college basketball team, but we'd still allow at least 110 points.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Its so pathetic watching these games.

We literally play no defense. We could beat a college basketball team, but we'd still allow at least 110 points.

I understand your frustration, I feel it too. But there is no reason for this negative thread. What good is it to have a thread with all this bashing. Its still early in the year. They will figure how to win keep faith.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I understand your frustration, I feel it too. But there is no reason for this negative thread. What good is it to have a thread with all this bashing. Its still early in the year. They will figure how to win keep faith.
Nah.

I can't understand why these guys have no heart and play no defense, we need a new coach IMO.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

I just don't get it with this team. THe Pistons learned their defense with Carlisle and kept it with LB. The Rockets learned their defense with JVG and kept it with Adelman.

As awful our team was on the offensive end last year, we were a pretty good and scrappy defensive team. WHy none of it translate this year boggles me.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I just don't get it with this team. THe Pistons learned their defense with Carlisle and kept it with LB. The Rockets learned their defense with JVG and kept it with Adelman.

As awful our team was on the offensive end last year, we were a pretty good and scrappy defensive team. WHy none of it translate this year boggles me.
Only six players from last years team are on this current team. PLus were playing three rookies as our key players off the bench
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The Thabeet pick look like a real bust.

Bigs take the longest to develop... its wayyyyy too premature to say he's a bust.

There is talk of bringing in Kareem to work with the Memphis bigs.. and that could help in their development.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Only six players from last years team are on this current team. PLus were playing three rookies as our key players off the bench

But of those 6 players, 4 of them play like 32+ mpg. Btw where the hell is Darrell Arthur?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: