Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 11-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Talking Spurs-Trail Blazers Preview-11/06/09

Spurs-Trail Blazers Preview
By MATT BEARDMORE,
STATS Writer

Quote:
(AP) -- The Portland Trail Blazers had one of the best home records in the NBA last season.

It's been a different story for them at the Rose Garden in 2009-10.

The Trail Blazers look to avoid their third straight loss there Friday night, when they continue their three-game homestand against a San Antonio Spurs team without a road win.

Portland (2-3) went 34-7 at home in 2008-09 - the fourth-best mark in the league behind Cleveland, the Lakers and Boston - while never losing more than two straight at the Rose Garden.

Despite leading by as many as 12 points in the second quarter, the Trail Blazers dropped their second in a row at home Tuesday - 97-91 to Atlanta.

"Regardless of where you are, you've got to work," coach Nate McMillan told the Trail Blazers' official Web site. "I really felt our level of intensity needed to be better for pretty much all of the games."

Portland's last three-game slide at home was March 29-April 6, 2008.

The Trail Blazers had lost five straight at home - and 12 overall - to San Antonio, prior to their 100-99 victory on Oct. 31, 2008.

Spurs guard Michael Finley missed a shot as time expired and Portland won its first home game in this series since Jan. 24, 2005.

"When he missed the shot, I couldn't believe it. I was thinking overtime or something because it just didn't feel right," guard Brandon Roy said. "But I looked up and realized that we had finally beaten the Spurs."

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: