Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 11-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Exclamation AI Unhappy.... duh!

Allen Iverson: Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley backs coach Lionel Hollins - ESPN

Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins has made it clear that Allen Iverson is still coming off the bench, despite the player's complaints about being utilized as a reserve -- and his owner is backing him.

Quote:
Iverson was unhappy with his non-starting role earlier this week, saying Monday after the Grizzlies lost in Sacramento that he's "not a sixth man," according to The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley made it clear Wednesday, however, that Hollins will make that decision, the newspaper reported.

"Lionel will handle it," Heisley said, according to the report. "This is a situation that'll be handled between Lionel and Allen. What Allen said was inappropriate, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Allen expressed his frustration about not playing and I understand that."

"It's up to the coach to handle these issues," Heisley added, according to the report.

On Monday, Iverson, who missed the preseason and the start of the regular season because of a hamstring injury, played 18 minutes in a loss to the Kings and made headlines after the game when he complained about his diminished role.

CLICK HERE TO READY MORE
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: AI Unhappy.... duh!

AI is ending his career the worst possible way... without dignity and class. Nobody made him sign with the Grizz and he cannot even honor his contract and agreement with them. What a shame.

The Grizz and AI both deserve better from him.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
AI is ending his career the worst possible way... without dignity and class. Nobody made him sign with the Grizz and he cannot even honor his contract and agreement with them. What a shame.

The Grizz and AI both deserve better from him.

to me there's more here than we are hearing... why would they sign him knowing his views on being a sixth man? his views were clear as a bell last season when they tried to have him come off the bench in detroit, yet here they are trying to turn him into a sixth man... he may be in the wrong here speaking out like he is but still, i cannot belive that this discussion didn't take place in negotiations, i smell a fu*k up here from within the front office...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

^^^

Yea, that makes sense..

But what DOESNT make sense to me is allen iverson at this point.

The guy couldnt get a deal not because of his talent but because of his attitude. That people said he was going to be a problem to the team and its chemistry. That allen wouldnt be able to fill a role, to be part of a team.

What does he do? first chance he gets, he blows up.

Would allen iverson really come to memphis and play for a team (not a very good one) off the bench and still not play a lot of minutes?

Thats pretty upsetting for a guy like Iverson. To be backing up Mike Conley?
Iverson is probably upset because he feels that at 34, he is better than Conley will EVER BE..

Idk.. looks wierd. Looks like maybe memphis did this, to use allen as trade bait? Maybe another team wanted allen, but werent sure if he still had game left, so they told memphis to sign him for 3.5 mil, and if he can still play and hasnt lost too many steps then we will go ahead and trade one of our young players earning 3.5 mil, in order to get Iverson. ?

Who know? Memphis have been doing some wierd stuff lately.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Who the **** are you people and what the **** are you doing in the Grizzlies forum?

Anybody with actual knowledge of the Grizzlies feels AI has the right to call out everyone in this organization because its chocked full of fail, but nobody gets upset about it.

AI has accomplished more than this entire Franchise has, If he has any money left or some big wallet partners to make it happen I'd want him to buy this team.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
to me there's more here than we are hearing... why would they sign him knowing his views on being a sixth man? his views were clear as a bell last season when they tried to have him come off the bench in detroit, yet here they are trying to turn him into a sixth man... he may be in the wrong here speaking out like he is but still, i cannot belive that this discussion didn't take place in negotiations, i smell a fu*k up here from within the front office...lol

that may or may not be the case, but regardless, you honor your contract... plain and simple.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

i beleive that ai should have had a little more patience. i think that the intention was to ease him into the starting lineup, especially since he was injured for a bit in the summer and didnt play any preseason games

eventually by the end of november he would have been starting.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
Kobe8
Banned

All I see is That Allen Iverson Is a One-Man Play Kinda of guy. I dont Agree to put him on a sixthman role , and Memphis Grizzlies made a big mistake of signing A.I., A.I just dont fit this team.

A.I. is a penetrator , memphis has O.J and Rudy most likely SG-SF.. And Ofcourse A.I. Is gonna complain bout his role and minutes.

We All Know the Old A.I. he still got it but he's just not in the right team.

My Best Opinion for now is : NY , Hornies , Blazers maybe Suns.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: