Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Stephen Jackson to Charlotte???

Wonderful that we haven't heard from this from our wonderful beat writers.

ESPN:
Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Denver Nuggets both would apparently love to have Stephen Jackson(notes) on their squads but it's looking like the Charlotte Bobcats may be the team that comes up with this prize, according to ESPN.

That is, if you think the disgruntled Jackson is a prize. The Golden State Warriors have been trying to get rid of him since just before the season's start when it became very clear there was bad mojo brewing in this chemistry and it wasn't going to take long to explode.

The Cavs and Nuggets apparently are having trouble finding ways to absorb Jackson's long-term contract and also aren't finding the right combination of tradable assets. The Bobcats, however, seem to pressing forward and believing that it can get this deal done.

We've made some spectacular deals, but this one, I'm not sure.

If Bell gets hurt more and opts for surgery, I might consider this.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #2
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Stephen Jackson to Charlotte???

If we can drop Nazr + Vlad for this I am not sure but I may like this deal.
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent
If we can drop Nazr + Vlad for this I am not sure but I may like this deal.

Could we swap Nazr for Desagna? Dream scenario IMO then!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

Assume we're talking Bell's or Felton's expiring plus a bad contract? Don't know too much about him as outside of the cats online, I only get to see the big market teams really here in the UK on tele. From what I hear good player but bit of a chemistry problem. Would we rather resign Bell and could we? I kind of thought his injury was down to playing too many minutes rather than him being past it and I think he'd go for a sensible deal as a starter rather than asking for crazy money. I reckon he could have 3 good years left in him maybe tailing the minutes off later in the deal, could we even offer him 4 years with the wage decreasing bit like Matt Carrolls old deal? Probably a year longer than we should but if he gets cheaper each year sounds a good idea and I'd have thought ideal for both parties.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Why would we want this man?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

He is a very good player. Pretty dependable shooter, passes the ball and a dedicated defender. Pairing him with Crash (as SJax can shoot from the perimeter) would be a pretty deadly duo. He's a bit of a nutcase like Artest, though...and that new contract he just signed...27 million over the next 3 years...really hurts his value.

Raja would definitely go out in a trade which I don't particularly like but I could deal with it; the worry is what else is would be included and the possibility of us taking on even more long term salary. They're wanting Boris and in turn we're asking for Turiaf. I don't like that swap because we'd be left with a Turiaf/Vlad rotation at the 4, and IMO that's a prety serious downgrade.

The guy asked to be traded. Please Bobcats...do NOT overpay for this guy.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
He is a very good player. Pretty dependable shooter, passes the ball and a dedicated defender. Pairing him with Crash (as SJax can shoot from the perimeter) would be a pretty deadly duo. He's a bit of a nutcase like Artest, though...and that new contract he just signed...27 million over the next 3 years...really hurts his value.

Raja would definitely go out in a trade which I don't particularly like but I could deal with it; the worry is what else is would be included and the possibility of us taking on even more long term salary. They're wanting Boris and in turn we're asking for Turiaf. I don't like that swap because we'd be left with a Turiaf/Vlad rotation at the 4, and IMO that's a prety serious downgrade.

The guy asked to be traded. Please Bobcats...do NOT overpay for this guy.

If we trade Boris for Turiaf I will be furious.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
If we trade Boris for Turiaf I will be furious.

So will I.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Alex Kennedy of Hoops world is saying that our interest is way overblown...supposedly we made ONE initial call and that was it.

No SJax in the Queen City...and I'm perfectly fine with that.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

It's official.

Steven Jackson and Acie Law

for

Raja Bell and Vlad
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: