Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Default Dallas Cowboys Thread

Since I'm guessing most Mavs fans also follow the Cowboys and vice versa, here ya go.

Parcells says he's going with Bledsoe next game. I say about time. Love Drew as a player, and the guy's always professional, but I think it's time he just hangs up the cleats. I really sincerely feel for the guy. This is the third time he's been shelved in favor of a younger gun. First that guy in New England, then JP Losman in Buffalo, and now Tony Romo in Dallas. Not to mention the amount of punishment he's taken over the years. Guy has a rocket arm, nice touch, but just makes too many bonehead mistakes to be a 14 year statue in the pocket.

Well here's to Romo and hoping he can right the ship.

-BACK LIKE COOKED CRACK-
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

To be honest I'm not a Cowboy fan. And I'd rather keep this about the Mavs and the NBA. But there are other fans here that are Cowboy fans. If they want to talk some Cowboys then ok. But let's keep it in this thread, alright?
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

The Cowboy season is over.

Its Mavs time.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

Parcells has put the team in a position to fail and he has to go. he didnt improve the line which everyone knew was the biggest problem in the offseason, his play calling is insane (why were the Cowboys passing at all when they were inside the 5, why did he call a bootleg for Drew knowing he is slower than a slug?), and im sick of his lies to the press(my ass he was in the dark during the TO suicide thing).
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #5
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Last I checked this side of the ish spectrum wasn't exactly overflowing with ball talk, so I thought I'd at least keep it in the fam and on a sports level. Not some newby rook come here to spam ot threads cowboy, so I'd take it to heart if you'd keep that in mind.

Back to the matter at hand. Parcells has restored prestige and added an air of accountability to the Cowboy locker room, something lacking in years past. You want a case study of not being held accountable, look at the Raider morale. Our o-line is pretty standard far as the rest of the league goes, it was just blitz schitz Bledsoe making it look much more worse than it really was. Considerin the money being shelled out for lineman now, the other needs we addressed were plausible for the time being. Lot of things I don't agree with the Tuna on, but far as coaching grade I'll have to pass him, despite stayin with Bledsoe this long. And it's still too early to say if Romo's the next thing coming, seeing as he hasn't played an entire game yet. We'll find out what he's made of over the next three games.

-BACK LIKE COOKED CRACK-
Old 10-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

We've been pretty active with the Mavs talk, so I don't know where you are getting that from. And I said that there are Cowboy fans here, just to please keep it in this thread. I don't think that is unreasonable. First and formost it's a Mavs fam. I'd appreciate if you'd keep that in mind.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

Parcells has done well in transforming this team from a loser after the Dave Campo era to a respectable team but I don't think he can be the guy who will make them legit Super Bowl contenders.

The offensive line's main problems are miscommunication and not knowing who to pick up. I don't know why they're having so many problems with that. I think it's just the problem of not having chemistry. With 2 new players starting on the line in Kosier (who has the big shoes of Larry Allen to replace) and Colombo, and Flozell returning after missing so much time last season, they need time to get used to each other. Continuity is so important on the offensive line. If the same problems are still occurring in week 10 then something else is truly wrong with them and it will need to be adressed through new personnel. That being said, they will still need to draft some quality young guys to develop. I doubt Rivera will be coming back next season, he's been mediocre. It's hurts when Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman, two guys who should be starters right now, have turned out to be busts.

The safeties on defense need help big-time. Roy Williams will get burned time and time again. Pat Watkins is too inexperienced and teams are taking advantage of it. Playing with Roy out there, it's hard to know what to do in coverage because even Roy has no clue himself.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

The fourth thread from the top is dated for this same time yesterday, and the fifth one is dated for four days ago. If you wanna micro mod go ahead, but you can blow smoke up somebody else's tail pipe on that one.

I agree that the line's problems aren't that they're being overpowered, it's that they just aren't cohesive yet. A lot of missed assignments. Case in point. The Lavar Arrington sack that led to the fumble was a blown block by Julius Jones. He was anticipating another defender and hesitated half a sec and it took less than that for Drew to get knocked on his back. Not necessarily the line's fault but a miscommunication error all the same.

Bigger problem than the line is our defensive coverage. Roy's a big hitter. When it comes to stopping the run he's one of the best in the game. His vision on slant and out routes has led to lot alot of three and outs and a couple of highlights. But get him backing up and a speedy receiver can chalk up six on him. Til we get a coverage safety in the Cowboys secondary, that'll be our achilles heel.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #9
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Sorry the activity isn't enough for you. You asked not to be treated as a newbie rook, and you weren't. And it would've been easy. But you were shown some consideration. Why don't you try the same.

All that has been asked is to keep it in one thread. Why does that bother you so much? Sorry that all Mav fans aren't Cowboy fans. If the thread gets too large start another.

Enjoy your Cowboy talk and lighten up Francis.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Consideration? If you call shining your light in my face like a flashlight cop consideration, I hate to see when you blow your whistle.

MODS = TOP FLIGHT SECURITY

The name's the Bat. Not Francis, nor newby rook. I didn't make 10 gazillion threads about each and every player on the Cowboy roster, I made one. Single. Thread. With threads about Shawn Merriman's drug use, and TO's every cough and sneeze, one topic for Dallas fans and I get a warning to keep it to a minimum. S#!t's backwards bruh straight up and down.

There's intelligent and in depth observations going on. And you're hooting about what?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #11
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

You really are overreacting on this. Again all I asked was to keep Cowboys in one thread. Not a warning or a threat. That it's a Mavs forum. I didn't ask not to post or anything else. All points that have not been brought up in any of your responses. You have gone on the defensive over nothing. You have been borderline insulting over nothing. Maybe I should've waited till there was more than one thread to ask to keep it to one. Maybe I shouldn't.

With the season starting next week. Hopefully the hoops discussion will pick up around here. There are several active people trying to keep things going. You are more than welcome to join in, and I hope you do. I will say nothing more on the matter. Have fun.

Last edited by Silent Mav : 10-27-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:09 PM   #12
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

*dapz*

I'm not here to make waves. I only went on the defensive because you went on the offensive and keeping with the theme of the thread it's just a miscommunication.

I'm looking forward to the season and posting with the more intelligent and knowledgable members of the fam. Here's to good posting
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Back at ya Bat. No harm no foul. Let's get this season going. And good luck to the Boys rest of the way.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Ok Mavs fan... wow, thats kind of strange. I am surprised you would be talking football in a basketball forum. Then again, Mavs fan is always a little off.

No wonder some of you spend plenty of your time in other team's forums.

Good luck to your season.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #15
hotsizzle
Superstar

wow didnt know theres a thread bout this. big big cowboyz fan here. cant wait for sunday against the cats. our season is on the line. glad we're not rollin with bledsoe, in romo we trust now.

i agree on parcells messing this up as well. this is his last chance..they have to turn this around.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 10-29-2006 at 07:14 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: