Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Stops

One thing I noticed about this years version of the Suns is thier ability to get stops in the fourth quarter. The Suns are actually playing defense this year, here are some 4th quarter stats:

4th quarter points for opposing teams

Heat 15
Celtics 20
Wizards 19
76ers 29 (but there was a lot of BIG stops in this game, and the Suns dropped 35 in the fourth)

now these are just for the wins on our recent road trip but holding teams to that amount of points playing 5 games in 7 nights on the road is pretty impressive.

The one person I really see "doing it all" is Jared Dudley, this guy is playing like a STUD!

Jared Dudley and JRich (who is playing lights out since the Orlando game) came over in the trade for Diaw and Raja. We all know of the trade for Shaq and how it didn't work out, well this one did and the "addition by subtraction" of getting rid of Shaq really puts Kerr at 2/3 as it goes for the trades he's made. He manned up enough to see that his trade for Shaq did not work and got rid of him.. we didn't get much in return but like I said he owned up to it and made it right.

JRich as of late has really been our best player (one could argue that Nash has been and thats fine) and has answered my question can we run our offense through him. We can, and he is opening up so much more for Nash to create and for Amar'e.

alright I'll stop the madness been up all night working the graveyard shift and gotta go to a funeral soon and add the fact that I gotta go get my copy of Modern WF2 today and I have a long and tiresome day ahead of me. but these were just some things that were running through my mind as I was driving home.

Peace out Planet Orange
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation
Default Re: Stops

Plus let's not forget Kerr brought in Channing Frye who has been awesome, and made sure we resigned Steve Nash at all costs. Plus he didn't trade Amare, so overall he has done a pretty good job, and the team on the floor looks really good.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: