Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default this years wolves vs WCF's team?

heres the lineups:

'04:
Cassell/Hudson/Carter
Spree/Hoiberg
Hassell/Wally
KG/Madsen
Kandi/erv johnson

'06:
James/Hudson/bracey
Davis/Foye
Hassell/Jaric/reed
KG/craig smith/reed
Blount/eddie g/madsen/vin baker

head to head:
PG: Cassell vs James-if james plays like he did last season and distributes the ball somewhat, he'll be just like sam with better defense, maybe not as clutch though. (even)

SG: Davis vs Spree-Davis is almost exact same player as spree was for us, exept ricky is younger. slasher, plays with emotion, but is more athletic at this point in his career. and you cant forget about what foye will bring to the table (+++)

SF: Hassell is still here, and he's gotten better offensively. But wally vs jaric-jaric isnt near the scorer wally is, but he is more of a team player and can dribble and pass far better than wally. (even or +)

PF: You know bout KG, plus he seems hungry and im sure he is ready to show his doubters that he can make the playoffs. craig smith has apparently been playing well in preseason and any help up front is a plus for us. the addition of Justin Reed makes us better defensively and he seems to be a good role player. (+)

C: Blount/Griffin vs Kandi-you were pleased with anything you got out of kandi, 8 pts and 6 reb were a great night for him. with blount and griffin tag teaming down low, there should be more blocks and boards, thanks in large part to eddie g, if he keeps his head on straight. (++)

i think our team this year is somewhat the same team we had when we had our magical season. one of the main differences is the other teams have ALL gotten much better. there are only a couple of bad teams in the west now, mainly portland and seattle, but even those two teams are capable of upsetting any team any night.

shoud be an interesting year!
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

its sad that your magical season was a simple trip to the WCF
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i didnt mean like magical like the detroit tigers this season, i meant magical in that it seems now like it hardly happened.

why u gotta come in here and be like that man?

detroit isnt goin anywhere this year, MAYBE the second round of playoffs...u think nazr is gonna be ben's replacement, lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
its sad that your magical season was a simple trip to the WCF

Not really, when u consider that most Wolves fans (myself included) are convinced that the Wolves would've beaten the Lakers if Cassell had been healthy. KG was MVP, Cassell was on fire in the playoffs, he got hurt and the Wolves chances went down the drain. Had Cassell been healthy, KG would have his ring and all the talk about him not being able to lead his team to a championship wouldn't be happening. And that's a better "magical season" than over 75% of the league since then. Would MJ have won any titles without Pippen? Kobe without Shaq? Only difference is that Cassell is no Pippen or Shaq, yet KG still had the Wolves within 6 wins of a championship. And I'm not gonna look this up because I dont feel like it, but I know there are teams with longer playoff/Finals droughts than the Wolves... and I dont really care. Every teams goal is to win a championship, making it to the Finals and losing is no consolation (at least thats what players will say). Sure, i'd love to see the Wolves in the NBA Finals but only 2 teams make it their every year so I know the odds are stacked against it (like it is for most teams). Oh well...
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: