Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Thumbs up Ben Gordon, possible go to guy

With him having the team high in points and now getting to the free throw line more often he should improve his points per game considerably. Players who score a lot in games get to the free throw line at least ten times a game. That's one part of his game he is trying to improve, not only getting to free throw line, but also making them. In the Bulls last preseason game he was 12-20 FG, and 12-12 from the free throw line (38 points). Last season he didn't get to the free throw line that often, but this year if he does than he may become the Bulls go to guy. He might be a big part in improving the teams offense. If he scores 25-30 points a game consistantly and some 30+ point games, I would consider that a major success. I'm not saying he's going to score 25 points every game, but he should be able to score 18-20 points easily with his skills It's possibe now that he's getting to the free throw line a lot more. He's got a lot of the tools to be an elite scorer very soon. Expect this season to be an improvement for Ben Gordon and the Bulls.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Anyone think this may become a reality? In my oppinion he looks like the closest player to be considered a go to guy on the team this season.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

I do,

He is exhibiting that same killer instinct from his days at U-Conn
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

At the end of Bulls close games, I'd like to see the ball in Hinrich's hands to let him create (a la Steve Nash). Hinrich can shoot, drive or pass, which I think is a better option than Gordan going one on one.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
At the end of Bulls close games, I'd like to see the ball in Hinrich's hands to let him create (a la Steve Nash). Hinrich can shoot, drive or pass, which I think is a better option than Gordan going one on one.

I guess that would be O.K, but a go to guy is usually the teams top scorer and it looks like Gordon will be that. I'm predicting that he will score 20 points per game soon, hopefully that will happen this season. Anything's possible, a lot of the Bulls players will probably have their best season as of yet.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 10-30-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 AM   #6
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I guess that would be O.K, but a go to guy is usually the teams top scorer and it looks like Gordon will be that. I'm predicting that he will score 20 points per game soon, hopefully that will happen this season. Anything's possible, a lot of the Bulls players will probably have their best season as of yet.

Yeah, but how many 1-1 moves does Ben have especially against a bigger defender? I don't mind Gordon taking the shot, but I'd like Hinrich to drive, collapse the D and then dish it out for an open J, rather than Gordon trying to create.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Who dou you guys agree with more me or xxxSuperStar? For me it makes no difference who gets the ball as long as I know they can get the job done.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 AM   #8
goillcity
I brick open layups

ben will end up leading the bulls in scoring this year and hit the crucial shot
ben is clutch kirk leads
our bulls are dominant
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: