Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board
Default are the Steelers dunzo?

3 straight losses. team isn't healthy. ravens and broncos seem like better teams.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: are the Steelers dunzo?

Ravens seem like a better team?

They BARELY beat them AT HOME facing a quarterback who only attempted one pass in the NFL.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Hopefully.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Steelers are in pretty good shape. Of their final five games, three are at home. Their two away games are both likely wins (at Cleveland and at Miami), with the Browns being almost assuredly a victory.

Their three home games are Oakland, Baltimore and Green Bay. GB and Baltimore aren't necessarily easy games, but the Steelers will be favorites in both. In truth, the Steelers will be favorites to win all five of their remaining games. I see them going no worse than 4-1 which would put them at 10-6 and likely in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked if they won all five.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

The steelers aren't done, but they need to win out, and get some help, to have a chance. They should win every remaining game, and if they do make the playoffs and are healthy than I will be happy. With Troy and Ben healthy the steelers can beat anyone.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

I just wanna see the Titans make history.

They gotta play Indianapolis next week, and it would be awesome to see them get past Indy to reach 6-6.

Not sure if they can get in the playoffs at 9-7... I doubt it.

So they basically have to win their next 5 games.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
The steelers aren't done, but they need to win out, and get some help, to have a chance. They should win every remaining game, and if they do make the playoffs and are healthy than I will be happy. With Troy and Ben healthy the steelers can beat anyone.
Looking at the teams in front and behind them, 10-6 will likely get them in. Why do you feel that they need to win out and get some help to get in?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alot of it depends on the health of Troy Polamalu, whenever he returns. Without him, that defense is not nearly as good. Even when he does come back, will he be completely healthy?

I assume that the team, with the Raiders and Browns coming up, will get back to their winning ways. I've seen this team fight through adversity too many times to count them out. I'm already thinking that there might be a round 3 of Bengals vs. Steelers in the playoffs
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

hahaha they lost to the raiders

wait...
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

had a feeling this thread was going to get bumped.

how would you like you're Roethlisberger medium rare or well done?
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Yep... Not looking good now. It is rare that a Steelers team loses to teams that they should beat. This Pittsburgh team doesn't seem as mentally tough as past squads. Also, injuries have hit them hard.

There wasn't a huge deal made a few weeks ago when it was announced Aaron Smith was out of the year, but he is absolutely key to that defense. Add to that their other key defensive player -- Polamalu -- playing hurt all season and this is the result.

Looks like they may be sitting at home in Week 18.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They have 5 conference losses, so they basically will have no tiebreakers.

It's not just the injuries. It's also the veteran leaders on this team not getting the job done.

Coach Tomlin has also made some costly mistakes as well, and I heard that they ran a pretty soft training camp.

As much as I hate the Steelers, they are an extremely well run organization, and they will bounce back pretty quickly. The core of the team will still be in place. They need to shore up at the CB spot, and maybe try to get younger in the linebacker area.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

I think the Steelers have 4 conference losses (they still face Browns this Thursday and still have to play Ravens once more).

At any rate, it feels so damn good to see the Steelers fold like they are. They peaked at the wrong time earlier in the season. Don't be shocked if they finish 8-8.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I think the Steelers have 4 conference losses (they still face Browns this Thursday and still have to play Ravens once more).

At any rate, it feels so damn good to see the Steelers fold like they are. They peaked at the wrong time earlier in the season. Don't be shocked if they finish 8-8.

3 losses in the division (Bengals twice, and Ravens)

2 losses in the rest of the conference (Raiders and Chiefs)

What does Hines gotta smile about these days? Answer: Absolutely NOTHING.

Steelers fans: "but we got 6 rings!"

Doesn't mean anything in this current season. Sorry.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Looking at the teams in front and behind them, 10-6 will likely get them in. Why do you feel that they need to win out and get some help to get in?

I wasn't sure if Dever/SD or another wildcard team could knock them out.

Steelers defense just isn't the same without Troy...

I'm still hoping we can make it to the playoffs healthy, but now we REALLY need to win out. Green Bay and Baltimore will be very tough games, but after losing to Bears, Raiders I think every game might be a tough one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Coach Tomlin has also made some costly mistakes as well, and I heard that they ran a pretty soft training camp.

Really, where did you hear this? I've always liked Tomlin, I liked his philosophy on football and how football should be played...I don't like a coach who's not going to get his players ready in training camp, this team has championship potential they need to be prepared to compete every week.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: