Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default *NCAAF Championships: SEC and Big 12*

Dang I can't wait 'till Saturday to find out who we play in the championship!!! I mean UT as in we and I know we're gonna beat the Cornhuskers so I'm just waitin to see who we play!!! I mean also I gotta think like the players and coaches are and not think beyond Sat and just focus on the Big 12 Championship game and just focus on Nebraska rather than looking in the future. Our biggest game right now is on Sat and we have to take care of Nebraska first. Cant wait for both games though as I'm a die hard UT fan! Its goin down Sat at 8:00 PM ET on ABC!!! It also is going down on CBS at 4:00 PM ET!!! Who would yall rather play if yall went/go/or is a die hard UT fan? I'd rather play Bama cuz Florida is just straight up scary...Tebow is just ridiculous...I mean I have no words for him and his offense...and their D is really good too...so I mean I dont wanna face Bama but I'd rather choose them over Florida. What'd yall say???
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
KOLBCTEW
HellMaster

KOLBCTEW has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: *NCAAF Championships: SEC and Big 12*

Florida wins this for sure, the loss of Carlos Dunlap does hurt but we were still able to beat Bama without Percy Harvin and he was far more valuable.
KOLBCTEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hopefully it's Florida vs Texas for the Nat championship. It will also be BS if Bama goes in the NAT champ game again.. Texas deserves to go to the NAT game and last year Bama got owned by Florida. Tebow vs McCoy is a great matchup and is more interesting then Bama. Bama is just so boring.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I want a TCU vs Boise State national championship....

too bad they could go undefeated until the end of time and it still wont happen.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

gotta love t-shirt UT fans
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I want a TCU vs Boise State national championship....

too bad they could go undefeated until the end of time and it still wont happen.

Too bad the toughest team TCU played was New Mexico State... Put TCU in the SEC and lets see how good they'll be.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Too bad the toughest team TCU played was New Mexico State... Put TCU in the SEC and lets see how good they'll be.

They never played New Mexico State. And all the other teams they played are better than New Mexico. New Mexico is probably the worst team in the D-I football. TCU's hardest opponents were Utah and BYU.

Both are ranked in the BCS.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want to see TCU vs Cincinnati in the championship. SEC and Big 12 are overrated, never play any good non conference games.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I want to see TCU vs Cincinnati in the championship. SEC and Big 12 are overrated, never play any good non conference games.

Overrated or not TCU and Cincinatti are not better teams than Texas, Florida or Alabama.

Plus, TCU and Cinci have to play decent teams non-conference b/c the are in a cupcake conference.

Big 12 and SEC teams are guaranteed to play tough games in conference. Might as well get ready for those games by playing a few cupcake non-conference teams.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
They never played New Mexico State. And all the other teams they played are better than New Mexico. New Mexico is probably the worst team in the D-I football. TCU's hardest opponents were Utah and BYU.

Both are ranked in the BCS.
TCU also beat Clemson on the road, who is in the ACC championship.

How about the CUSA title??? My Pirates looking to repeat.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
TCU also beat Clemson on the road, who is in the ACC championship.

How about the CUSA title??? My Pirates looking to repeat.

And?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Overrated or not TCU and Cincinatti are not better teams than Texas, Florida or Alabama.

Plus, TCU and Cinci have to play decent teams non-conference b/c the are in a cupcake conference.

Big 12 and SEC teams are guaranteed to play tough games in conference. Might as well get ready for those games by playing a few cupcake non-conference teams.

Just like how Oklahoma was clearly better than Utah but got trounced against Florida? Just how everyone was sure Boise St. would get trampled 3 years ago?You have no clue who's better. They're all undefeated. That is the problem with the current system.

And how do you know they're tough conference games when all they do is play each other?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Just like how Oklahoma was clearly better than Utah but got trounced against Florida? Just how everyone was sure Boise St. would get trampled 3 years ago?You have no clue who's better. They're all undefeated. That is the problem with the current system.

And how do you know they're tough conference games when all they do is play each other?

Not relevant in my opinion. There's no connection. The only real argument that can be made is that Texas should have played instead of OU. You have a point with Boise State though. That's only one example though but a good one.

And you know they're tough conference games by watching the teams actually play. The conference teams that TCU play are used as cupcake non conference teams for the Big 12 and SEC.

Last edited by Hawker : 12-03-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

It's highly relevant. You claim the BCS conference teams are clearly better on equal footing. Well undefeated Utah looked a hell of a lot better in its BCS bowl than Oklahoma who, by your standards, is obviously better. It's not obvious, there's enough evidence to say those claims are unjustified. It'll happen again this year, because one team will likely look bad in the championship game and one of either cinci or TCU will probably look very good.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #15
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
It's highly relevant. You claim the BCS conference teams are clearly better on equal footing. Well undefeated Utah looked a hell of a lot better in its BCS bowl than Oklahoma who, by your standards, is obviously better. It's not obvious, there's enough evidence to say those claims are unjustified. It'll happen again this year, because one team will likely look bad in the championship game and one of either cinci or TCU will probably look very good.

Of course undefeated Utah looks a lot better, they play a lot of cupcake teams so obviously they'll look better.

Teams have to earn their keep by playing tough teams and Utah and TCU don't do that due to their cupcake conferences.

The only way this can be settled is by a playoff system.

Not like TCU played any tough non-conference teams either. They played Texas State. They suck ass.

Last edited by Hawker : 12-03-2009 at 10:45 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: