Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation
Default houston out/ tennessee in ???

ok, so we lose a couple of games and end up 5-6 and everybody thinks we're out of the playoffs but tennessee gets on a roll to 5-6 and they're in it to make the playoffs (according to most people, especially espn).. i know we probably won't make the playoffs but it's just as tough for them to make it. we don't deserve respect for the way we've been playing but do they when we have the same record and are 1-1 against each other.

and no, i'm not bitter about that monday night game. (just a little).
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation
Default Re: houston out/ tennessee in ???

Ten probably wont make the playoffs as well but they are a great story. Not only is the coming back from the dead story intriguing but you also have VY's redemption and CJ chasing the history books as a sub plot. How was 5-3 but they blew their opportunity to get over the hump and have confirmed to people that they are the same ole texans. while Tennesee is a team that has history of sucess at least in the reg season the last few years. In fact they have are within the top 5 in regular season wins since 2006 i beleive oddly enough the Texans are not really that far behind. The titans are also 1 of 5 teams who have made the playoffs the last 2 season. So nobody really believe they were as bad as they were earlier in the season and that the team that is showing up lately is a more accurate reflection.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still believe bro...I know realistically we're out but mathematically we're still in bro! Just gotta believe that we can keep winning and I still believe bro. I think we'll win against the Jags, go 6-6, Colts will beat Titans so they'll go 5-7, then Monday's a HUGE game for us too as we can hope the Packs beat the Ravens and the birds will go 6-6 as well. Only team that will win for sure is the Steelers against the Raiders, so they'll go 7-5 and prolly get the #2 Wild Card spot for the weekend. So we can still hope man.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tenn would need 4 of the 5 teams still in it to lose 3 out of their next 5 games while they win out. It's just not going to happen
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
Tenn would need 4 of the 5 teams still in it to lose 3 out of their next 5 games while they win out. It's just not going to happen

If Tenn wins out they would need at miniumum

Jets to lose at least once
NYJ @ TB
ATL @ NYJ
NYJ @ IND
CIN @ NYJ
looking at their schedule i can see 2-3 loses but it also depends on whether those teams in week 16-17 are resting their guys. Jets curently own the head-to-head vs the Titans and have a better conf record.

Mia to lose once
NE @ MIA
MIA @ JAC
MIA @ TEN
HOU @ MIA
PIT @ MIA
They play a lot of the teams that are in contention so it is hard to tell how they will fare.

Balt to lose at least twice
BAL @ GB
DET @ BAL
CHI @ BAL
BAL @ PIT
BAL @ OAK
Balt could lose 2 games but I see 3 easy wins and 2 games that could go either way. Tenn is going to need a lot of luck to finish ahead of the Ravens.

Pit to lose at least twice
OAK @ PIT
PIT @ CLE
GB @ PIT
BAL @ PIT
PIT @ MIA
Pit is on a 3 game lose streak and are a bit dinged up so it is possible that they lose twice. However the next 2 weeks should get them back in the W margin.

Jags to lose at least twice
HOU @ JAC
MIA @ JAC
IND @ JAC
JAC @ NE
JAC @ CLE
The Jags have the toughest schedule left of the teams in contention. In fact it is possible that the Jags might have a losing record at the end of the season

That would put them all at 7 loses.
Now if one of these scenarios fail then they would need the Broncos to lose 3
DEN @ KC
DEN @ IND
OAK @ DEN
DEN @ PHI
KC @ DEN
Which doesn't look good.

Anyways I wont give up on the titans and their very very slim playoff hopes but they are not as thin as you think.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Props for posting the scenario, I some what familiar with it but having all the facts help. I just don't see the Raven and Pitt dropping off.

The supposed locker room issue with Ben have to be legit in order for that to happen. If Tenn had started this push a week earlier however I would be in complete you gotta believe mode
Old 12-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
Props for posting the scenario, I some what familiar with it but having all the facts help. I just don't see the Raven and Pitt dropping off.

The supposed locker room issue with Ben have to be legit in order for that to happen. If Tenn had started this push a week earlier however I would be in complete you gotta believe mode

I doubt they fall off too but anything is possible. The Steelers are not the same team with out Troy Polamalu. Another posibilty is with SD instead of Denver. Since Tenn plays SD if Den wins their div and SD loses 3 games including the game at Tenn then the titans would own the tie breaker with the Chargers.

However it is difficult to find the next 2 loses that SD would need to have with their schedule.

SD @ CLE
SD @ DAL
CIN @ SD
SD @ TEN
WAS @ SD

Maybe Dal and Cin can beat them but there is no guarentee that the Titans can even beat SD.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
beasly15
TEXANS

this is unbelievable. if it wasn't for dumbass brown causing us another game we could be in good position to make the playoffs considering all the losses that happened today. i would rather be in it with the titans, then be out with them.

this is unbelievable.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
simcjt
The bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
this is unbelievable. if it wasn't for dumbass brown causing us another game we could be in good position to make the playoffs considering all the losses that happened today. i would rather be in it with the titans, then be out with them.

this is unbelievable.
you seem a little upset
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
beasly15
TEXANS

shut yo ass up

i am PISSED!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
MMM
877-954-1893

I know this is crazy and i'm usually not like this but I spent all this time believing so I just can't give up now even though the chances have gone from slim to miniscule. I got to beleive until there is no mathematical shot at all.

Titans win out go to 9-7

Mia to lose once to Tenn leaving them at 9-7

Jets to lose at least twice go to 8-8
Their QB is banged up and they have Indy, Cin and Atl on the schedule so it is possible.

Pit to lose at least twice to go 8-8
If they can lose to Oakland they can lose to anyone at this point

Jags to lose at least 3 times leaving them at 8-8
with there schedule it is possible

now here comes the tough part

Balt to lose at least 3 times to go 8-8
Hopefully they can start off with losing on Monday night but after that I don't see how they lose

Now if one of those scenarios fail we need one of the AFC West teams to lose 4 games. Since Tenn plays SD if the Titans win out that would give them the tie breaker if they end up tied. So they would need to lose 3 more games which is easier then the 4 games the Titans need Den to lose.

SD remaining schedule
SD @ CLE
SD @ DAL
CIN @ SD
SD @ TEN
WAS @ SD

Den remaining schedule
DEN @ IND
OAK @ DEN
DEN @ PHI
KC @ DEN
Old 12-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
beasly15
TEXANS

^^^^^well, good luck cause we have chris brown and that mathematically means we're done. i see no light at the end of the tunnel. too many wasted games... wasted.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
^^^^^well, good luck cause we have chris brown and that mathematically means we're done. i see no light at the end of the tunnel. too many wasted games... wasted.

were going to need all the luck in the world
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: