Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Your spot

Where is the spot on the floor where you do the most damage? Where the defender doesnt have a chance?

For me, its on the midrange on the right side of the floor.

I pull up on em', post up and turn around, drive to the rack(and reverse), do the duncan turnaround hook shot of the glass, pull up bankshot, and the fadeaway to the right.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your spot

After all these years, I'm still money from either baseline. I find it much easier to shoot without the view of the backboard in my way. I used to make a living there, even with hands in my face, defenders running at me. I swear I was like a 60% shooter on the baselines, and like a 40% every where else.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
LevisJeans
Underdog

LevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected posterLevisJeans is a pretty well-respected poster

Either the left wing, right wing, or top of the key. It's not necessarily where I am on the floor that determines whether or not I make my baskets. I'm always either red hot, or ice cold, kind of like John Starks.
LevisJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Post... either block. There are so many moves I can do... so many combos. Plus, almost nobody knows how to play defense down there. Typically when I am on the left block (back to the basket POV) they over play to my left and I can just get in the lane easy and have a great shot at the basket. If I am on the right block, they overplay to my right trying to stop me from getting into the lane with my dominant hand and then I just drop step for an easy bucket... Then I can do the drop step and pump... or a fade away... or whatever.

Obviously it's going to depend on on who is guarding me though. If a guy is 3 inches taller then me then I might just try to get open for 3 or pick and pop... but just because someone is taller doesn't mean they know how to play post D. If he is about my height though I am definitely going to try and post every time. Hey it's not as sexy as a mid range jumper or slashing to the basket... but it's effective and can be damn pretty when executed right.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 12-03-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

I'm actually pretty comfertable from any where on the court out to the 3pt. line. It all feels the same to me.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

28 footers on the left elbow. Thats my heat spot, I rarely miss from there and also straight away from 28 ft. You guys can even ask Lamar Doom, UCLAlegend32, and lilojmayo, im pretty much money from 28 ft and in
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Either baseline (mid-range) and either side of the free throw line. I don't have three-point range, but I'm pretty killer from within the arc.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #8
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Depends on how big the guy is that's guarding me. In most cases, I do my best in the low post. If the guy is excessively bigger than me though, mid-range is where I do best.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At the rim.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Half court.

No im just kidding. Right now its probably either elbow. But in middle school i was pretty good on the baseline. It was really weird though cause i was almost automatic if i caught the ball and shot without really thinking about it, but if i dribbled or waited a sec i would suck.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my spot is all over against phoenix, doesnt matter where im at, ball is going in the bucket, and your **** gwan get swatted into the street
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

Baseline midrange J alllllllllllll day.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
my spot is all over against phoenix, doesnt matter where im at, ball is going in the bucket, and your **** gwan get swatted into the street

The plain unrealistic nature of this post has me in shreds.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

wing
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #15
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

top of the key iso play for me
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: