Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board
Default Are the knockoffs any good?

The best shoes I've ever owned were the Jordan XXI's. They've been with me for three years and 6 different countries. Seriously, if I could design a shoe to fit what I needed, I'd just copy these shoes and call it a day. Sadly it's well past time to retire them. I actually looked in to getting one of the re-releases, but they're all way too expensive or have hideous colors, and the originals are way to expensive for shoes. (I paid 60 bucks for my original ones because footlocker sucks at making sure coupons don't overlap.)

I'm assuming the really cheap ones are the knockoffs. Are knockoffs any good? Do they compare to the actual shoes? I figure it can't really cost like 200 bucks to make the shoes, so the 60 dollar pair has to be at least near the real ones. I don't really care so much about if the leather is real or the detail of the stiching. More about fit, design and durability. I don't want them to start falling apart after a week, or to have weird constricting angles on my feet because they based the shoe loosely off of a picture from the internet.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Are the knockoffs any good?

most fakes are pretty much cardboard pieces of garbage in comparison to the real thing
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Jeebus, they're that bad huh? So even if they're like 1/3 the cost they're like 1/8th the quality? Crap. I feel like Elaine from Seinfeld trying to get the sponges before they run out. I need those shoes, just not 200 bucks need them.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

$40 cheap Nike/Adidas shoes is still much better quality than $60 fake Jordan XXI.

Go for something like this: http://www.footlocker.com/product/mo...0583&size=10.0
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
$40 cheap Nike/Adidas shoes is still much better quality than $60 fake Jordan XXI.

Go for something like this: http://www.footlocker.com/product/mo...0583&size=10.0

I would do this
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Just like the last two posters, I think it's better for you to get the cheaper Nikes/Adidas shoes. They might be cheap, but they are worth it. May I suggest looking for a cheap pair of Adidas TS Lightspeeds? They super comfy and pretty light. Got them around 4 years ago and they still work magic (if you're wondering why it still fits after 4 years, I have to buy bigger shoes because I'm falt-footed and need arch support which adds around an inch of thickness to my foot).

As for knockoffs, well, I guess they work okay. I used to have a pair of fake T-Mac 5's, the one that supposedly had a piece of hardwood on the back of the shoe or something. It worked pretty well, but after a few months my feet grew so I got some Decade GCS'. The T-Mac's were good enough for the price, but yeah, I'd still suggest getting the more economical, old (but still good) sneakers.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: