Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default How do you fix the Redskins?... I want to read some ideas.

#1.) If anybody can post some "contract infromation", that would be helpful.

#2.) Jason Campbell is a FA... let him walk

#3.) Draft a QB with the first pick if Clausen or Bradford are availble.

#4.) What coach do you bring in?

#5.) Rockey McIntosh is a FA

#6.) Carlos Rodgers is a FA

This team = Pure mess

I predict that they will have the first pick of the draft next year... Unless Snyder goes crazy in a uncapped year.

(I also predict that they will select Sam Bradford)
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: How do you fix the Redskins?... I want to read some ideas.

Isn't it pretty much a foregone conclusion that Shanahan is going to be here next season? I'm asking b/c I'm not sure. I keep hearing his name mentioned, but there's no "official word" yet, but I would imagine Shanahan's going to be there.

And I don't think they should be so quick to pull the trigger on Campbell. The dude hasn't been in the same offensive system for 2 consecutive years since he was on his JV team in high school. Even his final two years of high school ball, he went through a coaching change. Every year at Auburn, they changed offensive schemes, and same goes for the NFL. Give him a shot. I think he's a better than average QB. Unless Bradford falls later than expected, I think they should just stay with Campbell.

What about RB? Isn't Portis' career basically done with all the injuries? Shouldnt they look at drafting/signing a number 1 RB?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Isn't it pretty much a foregone conclusion that Shanahan is going to be here next season? I'm asking b/c I'm not sure. I keep hearing his name mentioned, but there's no "official word" yet, but I would imagine Shanahan's going to be there.

The rumor is that Shanahan want's to coach in Dallas... and he waiting for Wade Phillips to fail.

Quote:
And I don't think they should be so quick to pull the trigger on Campbell. The dude hasn't been in the same offensive system for 2 consecutive years since he was on his JV team in high school. Even his final two years of high school ball, he went through a coaching change. Every year at Auburn, they changed offensive schemes, and same goes for the NFL. Give him a shot. I think he's a better than average QB. Unless Bradford falls later than expected, I think they should just stay with Campbell.

You gotta get rid of him... He's a FA and I'm wondering what kind of money he is looking for. If you can get a good deal, then maybe he is the best option....

But who do you target in the draft?

Quote:
What about RB? Isn't Portis' career basically done with all the injuries? Shouldnt they look at drafting/signing a number 1 RB?

I think the O-Line is the bigger problem.

But you have to get rid of Portis.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
The rumor is that Shanahan want's to coach in Dallas... and he waiting for Wade Phillips to fail.

That makes sense. I remember hearing that Shanahan has always been a huge admirer of Romo.

I guess I've always thought that if Phillips is gone this offseason that Gruden would be the Cowboys coach.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Is that just a rumor in Dallas? Everything I've heard says Shanahan is even getting his coaching staff ready for the Skins. He'll probably be their coach before Philips is even given a chance to lose another playoff game. Shanahan's son (offensive coordinator for Texans) is expected to come with him.

I haven't seen anything recent that shows a connection between Shanahan and Dallas.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

QB and coach. Then Oline. Skins are loaded with talent. Its just having a bad QB makes everyone look bad.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jason Campbell is not a bad QB, he's actually pretty good it's just the o-line which is the worst in the league right now. He doesn't even get 3 seconds to throw the ball which only makes him able to look at 1 target. He's on his ass half the time and the other half he's running for his life.. Drafting a new QB won't do much good as there isn't a premier QB prospect and the QB will struggle his first 2 seasons, It will be Campbell 2.0 all over again. They need to address O-line. Draft the best O-Linemen prospect with your top pick, draft another in the later rounds, sign some FA linemen(Mankins from NE possibly) spend top $ if necessary. They also get Thomas and Samuels returning.

Try to get Cowher/Shan/even Gruden/ to coach if not just get a coach with some experience you can't go through another Zorn situation with a coach with 0 experience. Me personally I'd get Herm Edwards he gets the best out of his players. Draft RB in the 2nd round and groom him to be future starter or maybe trade 2nd for Stewart? Portis should be fine though. That defense looks stacked on paper but they could use a FS and make Landry a SS. Landry is slowly getting exposed as a poor pass coverage defender. Is a move to LB out of reach for Landry? That's it for now.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Jason Campbell is not a bad QB, he's actually pretty good it's just the o-line which is the worst in the league right now. He doesn't even get 3 seconds to throw the ball which only makes him able to look at 1 target. He's on his ass half the time and the other half he's running for his life.. Drafting a new QB won't do much good as there isn't a premier QB prospect and the QB will struggle his first 2 seasons, It will be Campbell 2.0 all over again. They need to address O-line. Draft the best O-Linemen prospect with your top pick, draft another in the later rounds, sign some FA linemen(Mankins from NE possibly) spend top $ if necessary. They also get Thomas and Samuels returning.

Try to get Cowher/Shan/even Gruden/ to coach if not just get a coach with some experience you can't go through another Zorn situation with a coach with 0 experience. Me personally I'd get Herm Edwards he gets the best out of his players. Draft RB in the 2nd round and groom him to be future starter or maybe trade 2nd for Stewart? Portis should be fine though. That defense looks stacked on paper but they could use a FS and make Landry a SS. Landry is slowly getting exposed as a poor pass coverage defender. Is a move to LB out of reach for Landry? That's it for now.

I liked your position on the skins. everything you said was correct but i feel a move to LB for Landry is almost out of the question. He would need to gain 30+ lbs and RELEARN how to tackle.

as for Campbell, I don't think he is a bad QB and he is a high character guy, but I just don't see him ever making a big play or stepping up in any way.

Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger both have terrible offensive lines, yet they both still find ways to make plays. Not saying Campbell is the caliber of the 2 QBs I named, just saying he doesn't have that IT factor that many coaches look for in QBs.

Hopefully one day a Washington team prevails. Capitals don't count, people just became fans of them when Ovie was drafted
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First step is to change their Yankees of the NFL philosophy. You can't buy titles in the NFL, there's a salary cap (for now). Since 03 they've had: 3, 4, 6 (2 1sts, Campbell and Carlos Rogers), 6 (no 1st, 3rd, or 4th), 5 (no 2-4), 10 (no 1st, 3 2nds), and 6 picks in each draft. Unless they're top 10ish picks, rookies are cheap and if successful are how teams are consistently competitive. You draft a kid, coach him up in your system (having a consistent system helps), and deploy him when he's ready.

And I'm also on the keep Campbell bandwagon. I think he can be a mid-level starter given a consistent coordinater.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 AM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How is this a team a pure mess? We haven't been blessed with being able to stay pretty injury-free like your team. Get rid of Zorn, find a QB and make some major repairs to the line and it's fine. Not saying that'll be easy, but it's not like we have to start over from scratch. Yeah, we could use some help in the DB, but offense should be the top concern. I wouldn't be surprised if we go after a QB with our 1st round pick. If it's Clausen, then yeah, we're a ****ing mess... Our recent drafts haven't made a lot of sense (though Orakpo was a good pick), so who knows how they go with their picks? Maybe with Cerrato gone, then our draft will start making sense. No overspending in FA.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 12-29-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #11
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Obviously they gotta fire Zorn (shouldn't be a HC in the NFL ever again).

I think they should re-sign Campbell but maybe also draft a QB (Bradford or maybe Mallet). The QB they draft will be the future, however they should start Campbell at QB, while the rookie QB learns (unless HC deems him ready).

So they should try and get an OL and a QB with their first two picks.

Free agency wise..Definetly try and sign maybe 2 OL's (it's a good FA class for them)

Also try and add a solid WR or RB (maybe a Malcolm Floyd or Lendale White)

They're defense shouldn't need much change, they could probably use some help in the secondary but I'm not sure if they'll get it this year.

As far as HC goes, Shannahan is your no.1 option, I think you do everything & anything to get him, if not maybe Cowher or Gruden. They need someone who has been a Head Coach before, not just a coordinator.

I really don't think this team is a mess, it might take them another season of adjusting to become a playoff-contending football team, but they've got some good players.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Campbell is the problem. His completion percentage, passing yards, passing TDs, and passer rating have been increasing each year in his career. I think if Suh is available that they should go for him. A Carter/Haynesworth/Suh/Orakpo line would eat up every O-Line in the NFC East.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #13
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I don't think Campbell is the problem. His completion percentage, passing yards, passing TDs, and passer rating have been increasing each year in his career. I think if Suh is available that they should go for him. A Carter/Haynesworth/Suh/Orakpo line would eat up every O-Line in the NFC East.

Suh won't make it past pick number 2. Even if the Rams don't pick him with the number one overall pick, the Lions sure will. And if somehow he magically falls to 3, he won't last past there either. But Suh is guaranteed to go 1 or 2, unless he has a historically awful combine or gets injured.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: