Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Anybody care to post their Playoff Predictions?

I need to think about mine for a little bit...

The only game I feel confident about is Green Bay over Arizona.

I feel good about Dallas over Philly... but still very concerned... very very concerned.

(also don't forget to add scores to your predictions)
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Anybody care to post their Playoff Predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
NFL Expert GP_20 will post his expert playoff predictions when the playoff matchups are finalized.

They already are:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

I'll post mine soon too
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
I need to think about mine for a little bit...

The only game I feel confident about is Green Bay over Arizona.

I feel good about Dallas over Philly... but still very concerned... very very concerned.

(also don't forget to add scores to your predictions)
you are not alone and honestly, I just don't f*ckin understand people...

watching ESPN I saw some former players predicting that Philly wins next week...

it is like everyone like SERIOULSY buys into the whole "December superstition" crap, as though it is a real spirit that goes on from one year to the next or something...(yeah I know it is January, but I think that still counts in our supposed curse)

I really don't understand who someone can watch what happened today and then go on to say..."Oh yeah, well Philly will beat them next week, Dallas can't handle them"....

of all the teams we could possibly face, give me Philly...Wade just knows how to beat them...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
you are not alone and honestly, I just don't f*ckin understand people...

watching ESPN I saw some former players predicting that Philly wins next week...

it is like everyone like SERIOULSY buys into the whole "December superstition" crap, as though it is a real spirit that goes on from one year to the next or something...(yeah I know it is January, but I think that still counts in our supposed curse)

I really don't understand who someone can watch what happened today and then go on to say..."Oh yeah, well Philly will beat them next week, Dallas can't handle them"....

of all the teams we could possibly face, give me Philly...Wade just knows how to beat them...

I honestly thought there was very little chance of New York beating us in the playoffs two years ago.

I just didn't see how they could do it... but they found a way.

Let me rephrase that statement... I feel good about beating Philly, but losing that game scares the $hit out of me.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I honestly thought there was very little chance of New York beating us in the playoffs two years ago.

I just didn't see how they could do it... but they found a way.

Let me rephrase that statement... I feel good about beating Philly, but losing that game scares the $hit out of me.
because it would be Philly preventing us from winning a playoff game in our own home?

yeah, that would really f*ckin suck...

this is almost like the Raiders coming to Dallas on Thanksgiving now...it is like we have nothing to win and everything to lose...winning will just allow us to breath again...just a sigh of relief...not really a celebration.

yes, after what happened today, if we do lose to Philly next week it will ONLY be seen as a complete choke job...no one will view that as something that Philly won by just playing good...
Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
it is like we have nothing to win and everything to lose...winning will just allow us to breath again...just a sigh of relief...not really a celebration.

this.

There is nothing to celebrate other than getting that "haven't won a playoff game in forever" monkey off our back.... and I'll feel good for Wade Phillips job security.

I can honestly say... If we lose this game, it will be slightly more dissapointing than that New York game 2 years ago.

Anyway...

The Season has just begun.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
WeaponX2024
Banned

WeaponX2024 has an OK reputation so far

I'll just talk about the Wild card games...

Ravens-Patriots - Patriots Win, 41-27. Patriots just have too much fire power on the offensive end for the Ravens to match.

Jets-Bengals - Bengals Win, 20-13. Bengals defense will show up as their star running back will as well. I think Ochocinco will be the first to survive Revis Island, Week 17 didn't count.

Cardinals-Packers - This is a toss up for me, I honestly think who ever wins this matchup will go to the Superbowl.

Eagles-Cowboys - Eagles Win, 38-31. I think they'll bounce back and I think they'll want revenge.
WeaponX2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
this.

There is nothing to celebrate other than getting that "haven't won a playoff game in forever" monkey off our back.... and I'll feel good for Wade Phillips job security.

I can honestly say... If we lose this game, it will be slightly more dissapointing than that New York game 2 years ago.

Anyway...

The Season has just begun.
that "monkey" is so ridiculous IMO...

there are like literally a dozen f*ckin teams that haven't sniffed a post season win in just as long...where the f*ck is their monkey?

a REAL "monkey" in Philly not having a ring...they are like the Dallas Mavericks of the NFL...

plus we went 13-3 and had a freakin BYE...that should count as a post season win...despite the fact that we lost to the future SB Champs who beat the undefeated Patriots...

f*ck that monkey...it is all about the rings IMO...

I suppose though that it has humbled alot of Dallas fans, I can remember the days of anything less than a ring is unacceptable...now alot of fans are just willing to accept a simple playoff win...
Old 01-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #9
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX2024
I'll just talk about the Wild card games...

Ravens-Patriots - Patriots Win, 41-27. Patriots just have too much fire power on the offensive end for the Ravens to match.

Jets-Bengals - Bengals Win, 20-13. Bengals defense will show up as their star running back will as well. I think Ochocinco will be the first to survive Revis Island, Week 17 didn't count.

Cardinals-Packers - This is a toss up for me, I honestly think who ever wins this matchup will go to the Superbowl.

Eagles-Cowboys - Eagles Win, 38-31. I think they'll bounce back and I think they'll want revenge.
^^^ see that Dooms (notice that was his 151st post also)

that is EVERYONE right now I am reading...

for some damn reason, today didn't convince ANYONE that Dallas is better...

if we are still just 3 point favs this time, I am gonna drop a G-Unit on Dallas...
Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 AM   #10
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The patriots will beat baltimore, although not by a huge margin. The patriots are going to pull a lot of tricks out of their bag without welker on the field, and in the end it will be too much for baltimore to handle.

I am 50/50 on the jets vs bengals. on one hand i think the jets defense is just too good for the bengals to overcome. on the other hand i really dont trust sanchez (he will probably throw at least 1 int) and i think the bengals will do a much job of stuffing the jets running game than they did today.

I will take the Eagles over the Cowboys. I cant see this Eagles team getting beaten by the cowboys 3x in one season. Reid and his staff are too good to let that happen.

Packers vs Arizona is tough to call, but im going with Arizona. The veteran QB, homefield advantage, and last years playoff experience are going to prevail in the end for the Cardinals.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

so is there anyone here other than myself that actually thinks Dallas is going to beat the Eagles...

I know the idea sounds insane, but I have a this strange feeling that we might be able to pull it off...I know I sound like a crazy homer...smh
Old 01-04-2010, 02:29 AM   #12
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
so is there anyone here other than myself that actually thinks Dallas is going to beat the Eagles...

I know the idea sounds insane, but I have a this strange feeling that we might be able to pull it off...I know I sound like a crazy homer...smh

Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 AM   #13
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:

Actually think about it this way:

Green Bay vs Arizona
Dallas vs Philly
Jets vs Bengals

All three games were played today and all three games were COMPLETE MASSACRES!!!

do you think it's a safe bet that all three teams will win again next week?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #14
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Actually think about it this way:

Green Bay vs Arizona
Dallas vs Philly
Jets vs Bengals

All three games were played today and all three games were COMPLETE MASSACRES!!!

do you think it's a safe bet that all three teams will win again next week?

Its definitely not a safe bet that all three will win again.

this season alone:

Minnesota massacred Chicago only to lose to them a few weeks later.

New Orleans beat Carolina and Tampa Bay only to lose to both of them a few weeks later.

New England got crushed by the Jets and then turned around to beat them mid season.

Tennessee got owned by the Jags and then beat them a few weeks later.

Pittsburgh easily defeated the Browns only to get owned by them 2 months later.

Denver absolutely destroyed the Chiefs a few weeks ago, and got totally massacred by them today.

so yeah, it happens
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:55 AM   #15
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Wild Card round:

Baltimore over New England
Cincinnati over New York Jets

Dallas over Philly
Arizona over Green Bay

Conference Semis:

Indianapolis over Baltimore
Cincinnati over San Diego

Arizona over Minnesota
New Orleans over Dallas

Conference Championships

Indianapolis over Cincinnati
New Orleans over Arizona

Super Bowl

Indianapolis over New Orleans

The most questionable pick I think made admittedly was Cincinnati over San Diego, which may have changed my make up of who would actually win it all, but whatever. This is what I think will happen
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: