Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
Trademan
Banned

Trademan has an OK reputation so far
Default Me ???

Hey guys, just want to ask for your honest opinion.

I am 14 years old about 5"7-5"8, 120 pounds. Give or take.

I ran the 100 meter sprint in something like 12 seconds

I don't know my vertical but I can consistently touch the middle of the net. Sometimes I might have a huge leap (for me) and tap the backboard, but thats not very often.

My game is weird, I'm very versatile. I can play all positions, PF or C being my actual position though. I'm skinny but have got some muscle. I love contact, I love getting hurt and love to play hard and angry (even though I'm really a fairly down to earth and nothing really bothers me person)

I love praising my teammates and encouraging them while on the court and like to sometimes make a half time pump up speech.

I HAVE NO MID RANGE JUMPER But I knock down 3's like a madman

I defend generally the tallest player or the opponents best player (even though he could be their ball handler or whatever).

Well thats just "some" stuff about me. Could you guys just say what you think about my body, my game or whatever. I would really like some advice if you have some or whatever comes to your mind.

Thanks,
Trademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation
Default Re: Me ???

Huge plusses if you just play streetball are that you're (relatively) small and light. A tall guy with big lateral speed is hard to find, so you must find it pretty easy to play against taller persons. If I were you, I'd really work on my midrange game, because if you're 5'7'', midrange & three is where you work your magic. You said nothing about your handling skills, but I suggest (If you want to use your speed to cut your way to the basket) to look at tutorials for pg's. A really cool move that's quite effective if you can execute it smoothly, is Crawford's Shake & Bake. Just look up the Ganon Baker Tutorials on youtube, it helped me alot.

Being 6'1''-6'2'', I rely on hookshots, layups, crossovers and fade-aways. I litteraly don't have any lateral speed, and smaller guys can keep up with me, so that's why I fake the hell out of them.

One tip tho, learn to shoot with a hand in your face, that's probably the best advice I can give to you.
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Trademan
Banned

Trademan has an OK reputation so far

Sweet, thanks man.

I've been trying to practice my mid range game for a while now. Just never really works.
Trademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

You're 5'8 and you play PF/C? That probably won't last long unless you grow so you are doing the right thing trying to get a midrange game and the fact you can knock down 3's is good.

Getting a good midrange game just takes a lot of practice. Most people when they are shooting around shoot a lot of 3's so they are decent at 3's... you have to get in the mindset that you are going to shoot exclusively midrange and get out of that 3 mode. You don't have to do it every time, but once a week get in the gym or wherever you shoot around and focus on that midrange. If your shooting technique is good then eventually you will that muscle memory and it will become second nature... then it comes down to knocking them down in games and that will continue to grow with practice. Make sure that shooting tech is good though cus I know a lot of people who suck at midrange because of bad technique. I got a friend with the worst tech I have ever seen... it is such a slow release and he launches the ball like a catapult... I keep telling him to change is style but he doesn't for whatever reason... Whatever if he wants to keep airballing shots in games then that's his deal lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademan
Sweet, thanks man.

I've been trying to practice my mid range game for a while now. Just never really works.
What I do is just mark spots (with chalk), and then shoot 'till I sink 20 buckets. Something that I recommend is having a pull-up jumper. Just run to one of the spots and shoot, it's one of the best moves when you're playing games.
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

i have the same problem with the mid range. i can shoot 3's and perimeter shots but when it comes with mid range shots (especially open shots), i'm always holding back my release.
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
liljohnnywall
The Messiah

liljohnnywall has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
i have the same problem with the mid range. i can shoot 3's and perimeter shots but when it comes with mid range shots (especially open shots), i'm always holding back my release.

how is the jumping/dunking coming along
liljohnnywall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: