Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Build Your Nation-State Draft

Welcome to another ISH Draft! As promised, this is the spiritual successor to the Political Powers Draft with a few twists. In this draft each contestant will choose a number of individuals to found their nation with an emphasis on structure and coherence.

Similar to the music draft, you can let your creative juices flow as to how you want to structure your government. Every single human being born is free to be chosen. So you can make a splintered country of competing cities ala Renaissance Italy, a propaganda filled dictatorship with a citizen body whipped into a fervor like WW2 Germany, or hippie colony of artists and philosophers. However, you must AT LEAST specify what type of government your nation-state will be using, as at the end of the draft you'll get an opportunity to explain how your nation would perform in the following criteria before I make a final ranking:

1. Creativity (Did you think outside the box?)
2. Citizen Happiness Index (Are your citizens satisfied?)
3. Defense (How will you survive around warmongering neighbors?)
4. Economy (Free market? Mercantilist? Centrally planned?)
5. Political Stability (Are your individuals backstabbers or team players?)
6. Human Rights (Self Explanatory)

You don't get anything for winning except respect from your peers and probably an easier chance in getting into the next draft.

ONE LAST TWIST: You can also draft ONE geographical country border to start your nation in based on current country locations with all the benefits or harms associated with them. The only thing that counts for these borders is the physical border and the natural resources within them. Everyone has equal population.

For instance: You can pick Nigeria and try to turn all that oil into something useful, or you can draft Russia for its large land mass and natural resources, but your hippie colony might freeze to death.

Overall just have fun and check the thread often, this stuff depends on everyone remaining active.

We'll start with 8 sign ups with room to add more:

1. sergiorodriguez
2. kwajo
3. abd-el-krim
4. rezznor
5. boozehound
6. wtfamonkey
7. iamgine
8. quasimoto
9. vapid

Last edited by vapid : 01-13-2010 at 01:28 PM.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
sergiorodriguez

Default Re: Build Your Nation-State Draft

sign me up sir
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

cool idea
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
cool idea
are you in?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow, the amount of creative thought that would have to go into making this thread... kudos i'll be reading this thread as time goes on
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
quasimoto
Banned

quasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected poster

Sounds nice...you can count me in if you'd like.
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I'll do it and I'll win.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

I'm in, and will dominate. Others shouldn't really even bother trying.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im going to win
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

i'd be in, but time difference and assignments due in say i cant. i'll just look from afar and give my pov at the end with what i would do

EDIT: if by active you mean all the time, or just like everyday?
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
i'd be in, but time difference and assignments due in say i cant. i'll just look from afar and give my pov at the end with what i would do

EDIT: if by active you mean all the time, or just like everyday?
Time difference doesn't matter, just pm a pick if you think you'll be out for a while and check in when you can.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im not going to join, but I'll totally follow. If good enough posters join, could prove to be very interesting
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will you allow me to join?

Nevermind.

Last edited by phoenix18 : 01-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Re: Build Your Nation-State Draft

we should just get a big game of civilization going
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wait, anybody can be drafted...

How many rounds are there? And do we pick an army? For example, could I pick my group then take an army from a specific time period? Similar to football drafts how you draft defenses...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: