Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default Drew Brees Wins SN Offensive Player of Year

Well, at least the players and coaches got it right.

Quote:
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees named POY by The Sporting News
By Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune
January 12, 2010, 11:07AM

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees was recognized by his peers around the league as the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year in a poll conducted by The Sporting News.

Chuck Cook/The Times-PicayuneDrew Brees was named The Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year.The Associated Press' Offensive Player of the Year award will be announced on Wednesday. Last year, Brees won both the Sporting News and AP's Offensive Player of the Year awards.

Brees received 299 first-place votes from the 583 players that were polled for TSN's annual awards. He also was named to the magazine's All-Pro offense, joining guard Jahri Evans. The Sporting News' defensive awards will be announced tomorrow.

Here's what The Sporting News wrote about Brees' selection:

"In winning this award for the second straight year, Brees didn't come close to matching his 5,069 passing yards from 2008, but he did throw just as many touchdowns and and six fewer interceptions. Oh, and he led the league in passer rating and set an NFL record for completion percentage."

Congratulations to Drew Brees, can't wait til he adds a Superbowl in about a month.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Drew Brees Wins SN Offensive Player of Year

lol
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
lol

I wouldn't have expected any less. The players and coaches know who the best is, shame people like yourself give in to that mindless ESPN hype machine.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I'm a homer i'm a homer I'm a homer. No crime in that.

Agreed man agreed. I just hope the levees dont break a 2nd time when Brees doesnt come thru for you. Stock up on tissue.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Agreed man agreed. I just hope the levees dont break a 2nd time when Brees doesnt come thru for you. Stock up on tissue.

The OPOY is voted on by peers and coaches. The MVP is voted on by media. Drew Brees is the real deal. Good luck watching McNabb next year, he's leading you places, seriously.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
The OPOY is voted on by peers and coaches. The MVP is voted on by media. Drew Brees is the real deal. Good luck watching McNabb next year, he's leading you places, seriously.

Peers? You mean same dudes who vote for the Pro Bowl that has fans butt hurt?

You think these peers and coaches would have voted for Brees 4 MVP?

And who ever doubted/questioned if Brees was legit? He's been rated as a top 5 QB last season as well as this season. Sory if your want/crave for him to win MVP fell short this season. Doesnt mean he was robbed nor does him winning this award mean the same people would have voted for him to win MVP either. But if thats what you think then so be it. Just makes you look no more of a homer than Carbine in which you accused of being. The irony.

And Drew Brees has taken what teams where in his NFL career Pistol?

Enlighten me. I'll sit back and you school me.

*waits*

Dont worry i have my popcorn, I'm ready.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Peers? You mean same dudes who vote for the Pro Bowl that has fans butt hurt?

You think these peers and coaches would have voted for Brees 4 MVP?

And who ever doubted/questioned if Brees was legit? He's been rated as a top 5 QB last season as well as this season. Sory if your want/crave for him to win MVP fell short this season. Doesnt mean he was robbed nor does him winning this award mean the same people would have voted for him to win MVP either. But if thats what you think then so be it. Just makes you look no more of a homer than Carbine in which you accused of being. The irony.

And Drew Brees has taken what teams where in his NFL career Pistol?

Enlighten me. I'll sit back and you school me.

*waits*

Dont worry i have my popcorn, I'm ready.

I see no reason they'd give him Player of the Year and not give him the Most Valuable Player. I don't have a need for him to win MVP, if he wasn't deserving, I wouldn't care, I didn't push this last year when he almost broke Marino's record because the Saints weren't good and I knew the team had to have success in order to win it. But this year, he had the best stats, and he had the best team, I thought he was deserving which is why I'll argue it.

And Brees has never won anything, McNabb has never won anything. You took a shot at Brees saying he'd fail and that I should get ready for disappointment, my shot back was a simple reminder McNabb has never won anything either.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Chris Johnson was robbed.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I see no reason they'd give him Player of the Year and not give him the Most Valuable Player.

I dont know why not.

Quote:
I don't have a need for him to win MVP, if he wasn't deserving, I wouldn't care, I didn't push this last year when he almost broke Marino's record because the Saints weren't good and I knew the team had to have success in order to win it. But this year, he had the best stats, and he had the best team, I thought he was deserving which is why I'll argue it.

Thats fine, argue it. But there is a difference with feeling Brees should have won MVP and feeling he was robbed. Maybe its not a difference in your eyes but it should be. Being robbed of an award means you deserved it and the stats, success were significant and in your favor vs the guy who did win it.

I dont have an issue if people felt Drew Brees shouldve won. Legit argument.

Quote:
And Brees has never won anything, McNabb has never won anything. You took a shot at Brees saying he'd fail and that I should get ready for disappointment, my shot back was a simple reminder McNabb has never won anything either.

He's won division titles. He's won 64% of his games in his career.
He's won an NFC title. He's won 9 playoff games.

Yeah he's never won anything. Think you're confusing Brees with Mcnabb.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Chris Johnson was robbed.
The truth.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dude could of won the mvp if his team didn't collapse heading into the playoffs. The thing with the mvp is that you need to do substantially more in some facet of your resume for the season in order to have a chance to get more votes than the medias poster boy.

brees is like kevin durant this year. in order to surpass lebron or kobes hype for the mvp, he will have to blow those guys out of the water with stats or wins.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow. Chris Johnson was robbed. No other way to explain it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bigger EPIC fail?

-Drew Brees over Chris Johnson

OR

-Charles Woodson over Darelle Revis
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #14
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Thankfully the AP got it right and chose CJ as their OPOY.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Bigger EPIC fail?

-Drew Brees over Chris Johnson

OR

-Charles Woodson over Darelle Revis